• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smaller Silent Hill title by Annapurna Interactive (episodic short stories) is reportedly in development

And YOU get a Silent Hill project, and YOU get a Silent Hill project, and YOU get a Silent Hill project...
tenor.gif

Annapurna making a Silent Hill title? All I can say for all of these games is:

file_12026_adam-jensen-i-never-asked-for-this.jpg

I just wanted Kojima to finish Silent Hills. It's somehow worse than getting nothing at all.

Annapurna making a Silent Hill title? All I can say for all of these games is:

file_12026_adam-jensen-i-never-asked-for-this.jpg

I just wanted Kojima to finish Silent Hills. It's somehow worse than getting nothing at all.
We are going to be inundated with Silent Hill soon. Wonder if Sony had a hand in this? I would rather have one game from an ultra talented studio than 3-4 games from middling studios.

We are going to be inundated with Silent Hill soon. Wonder if Sony had a hand in this? I would rather have one game from an ultra talented studio than 3-4 games from middling studios.

Quite honestly, I was dreaming that the rumour of Sony acquiring the Konami IP years ago was true. Maybe people don't like the idea of a platform holder owning it but Microsoft clearly don't respect those rules. Plus you know you'll get quality first party games from Sony and like you, I'd rather have that. Plus Kojima might have been more open to the idea of joining Sony if they owned the IP from his old stomping grounds.

darkangel-212559

Dreamcast Love
Why the FUCK is Bloober Team, a trash tier horror dev being given the responsibility to remake one of the most beloved and important horror games of all time?! I swear to God it better be a faithful remake. I don't want Bloober trying to put their own stamp on what is a literal piece of art.

What the FUCK! As a long time Silent Hill fan I am absolutely gutted. The new mainline SH game better be being made by an actually competent Japanese Dev or I'll cry.

Last edited:

peronmls

If any of this is real I'm just out right done with modern video games. Too many remakes. No originality anymore. Unreal engine this and unreal engine that. Meme games. It's just a bunch of woke people making money.

Lupin25

Obviously everyone’s weary of Bloober Team and rightfully so after that mid-game The Medium.

But if it’s simply a remake (with updated player movement, player agency, assets and overall fidelity), they shouldn’t fuck this up.

That last title… Is probably the biggest kept secret in gaming at this point.

Top Bottom