• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Smapty) -- Good news!! NOA confirms that Revolution will support color thongs...

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Message(#6851-000441-9576\4419576)

Hello and thank you for contacting Nintendo,

Not true...the Nintendo Revolution will be compatible with color TVs.

Nintendo of America Inc.
Greg Hamilton

Nintendo's home page: http://www.nintendo.com/
Power Line (Automated Product Info): (425) 885-7529

-----

Take our Survey! You have been chosen to participate in an e-mail quality
survey. This should take less than 5 minutes. Please click here:
http://www.nintendo.com/consumersurvey.jsp?ref=smapty1080@hotmail.com

-----

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:
-----------------

Posted At: 23:54:31.000 06/10/2005
Posted To: Nintendo <nintendo@noa.amishcountry.org>
Subject: Revolution Color-TV support

Dear Nintendo,

I read recently that you new console, the Revolution, will not support
color-tv; it will be black-and-white only. Is that true?

- Smapty

*breathes a sigh of relief*

Ranger X

Anyway, aren't we all happy know that we have the confirmation that Greg Hamilton knows what he's talking about? :p

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Amir0x said:
Well played, Gahiggidy. Well played.
clerk9.jpg

jedimike

See you just have to ask the right questions... last time I checked, my HDTV was in color. *Headlines* "Smapty confirms - Revolution to Support HDTV"

Is it true i can watch Pron on the Revolution

Is it true we can say things like PWNED and OMGWTFLOL!!!111!!ONE!!! while playing Rev online.

GO on ask away!!!

123rl

lmao :lol

Someone email them and see what connections they'll support. I'll be pissed off when I buy my US Revolution and find out I have to use svideo-o-vision because they ripped out component...(again)

someone said it won't assist connections as tech on the rev for tv connections has yet to be invented TV's where just a fad

akascream

Banned
123rl said:
lmao :lol

Someone email them and see what connections they'll support. I'll be pissed off when I buy my US Revolution and find out I have to use svideo-o-vision because they ripped out component...(again)

Why even bother with a component out, honestly. I want to remember confirmation of output to a computer monitor, so maybe there will be vga or dvi, but what the hell for. Maybe there will be a nice Faroudja chip in there for that. :lol

Juice

Color television supports millions more pigments than black and white does, and those colors have to come from somewhere--in this case, the developer's pocket. Third parties can't be happy about this approach.

Risky move on Nintendo's part. I mean, color IS the established standard and all, but supporting it is going to make the fiscally responsible Nintendo appear a little more bullish than its stock holders might be used to. We'll see how this plays out when trading opens tomorrow, but I'm not overly optimistic.

Most analysts seem to agree that supporting a half-assed measure, like 16 shade gray scale would have been a more effective way to appease fans who want more power while still making significant savings on the production line.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
VALIS said:
Those poor developers, being forced to make games in color. This doesn't sound very "open arms" to me.
Yeah. THink of al the money they'd save by not having to "color-in" thier black and white textures.

Acosta

Color mean teams of 10000 people at least, developments of billions of dollars and a huge increase of the risk developing videogames.

Be ready to spend 300-400 $ by game.

empanada

WTF...so which is it? I thought they wanted cheaper development costs and now they're forcing devs to create games in color???

This news makes me sad.

Don't they realize that you get 3 times the processing power when you only process grayscale instead of the usual R, G, B channels? This doesnt make any sense at all. Nintendo has lost it.

Senretsu

yes color TV's! I just bought one yesterday! It supports 4:3 and has RCA compatibility.

that reminds me of this old disney info-animated short with ludwig von drake trying to convince people that color TV's are the next big thing.

<ludwig vondrake accent>"Look at all these pretty colors. Now, if you're still using a black and white TV, then you see the same old boring black and white you've always been seeing." </ludwig vondrake>

I swear that was a line from the show. He even sang a song about it.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Finally, A console to support them!

D438261.jpg

Now in color too!

Ponn

Banned
anyone else see this at Engadget.
We’re not ones to say whether these are the real deal (oh, but wouldn’t we like to be!), but operating under the assumption that they’re not, we’d like to have a bit o’ fun with Nintendo’s forthcoming Revolution, whose specs maybe just possibly might include a dual-core 1.8GHz PowerPC-based setup with 512KB L2 cache, 1.2GHz FSB, 600MHz ATI graphics chip with 12MB SRAM, 128MB “main storage” SRAM (for GPU and sound L3 cache), 256MB main DRAM, 7.1 surround sound, and some 6GB dual-layer HP/Panasonic disc format. Well then, if these do indeed have any truth to them (and we’re by no means saying they do), it looks like the Revolution will be spending more time sparring specs with the 360 than the PS3—not that you should be very surprised.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Well, it is good to know that Nintendo will still be supporting tech that has been around for 40 years.

Top Bottom