• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sniper Elite 4 – FREE New Gen Upgrade | PS5, Xbox Series X/S

R6Rider

Gold Member

* I used the PlayStation video as it wasn't age restricted.

Today we released a FREE ‘Enhanced’ upgrade to Sniper Elite 4 for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S.

Available to download now the update delivers gorgeous visuals up to 4K on PS5 and Xbox Series X, super smooth 60 frames per second gameplay and greatly improved load times, making this the definitive Sniper Elite 4 experience.

Sniping has never looked better. The increased frame rate ensures super smooth gameplay enabling you to pull off even better shots. You can then view the results in the series defining kill cam in glorious 4K with enhanced contrast sharpening.

UPGRADES:
  • 4k resolution
  • 60 fps
  • improved loading times

Last edited:

jigglet

Banned
What's "new gen" compared to the more commonly cited "next gen"?

Has some group found offense in the term "next"?

Last edited:

* I used the PlayStation video as it wasn't age restricted.

Today we released a FREE ‘Enhanced’ upgrade to Sniper Elite 4 for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S.

Available to download now the update delivers gorgeous visuals up to 4K on PS5 and Xbox Series X, super smooth 60 frames per second gameplay and greatly improved load times, making this the definitive Sniper Elite 4 experience.

Sniping has never looked better. The increased frame rate ensures super smooth gameplay enabling you to pull off even better shots. You can then view the results in the series defining kill cam in glorious 4K with enhanced contrast sharpening.

Oh shit that's awesome. I pretty much only play this coop, so I would still be waiting for the Pro to load, but it is still awesome that they did this.

Sniper Elite 4 is fantastic btw, anyone interested in sniping or stealth games should check it out. On coop it's a blast to just say fuck it and wreck an enemy base or town, so you also don't _have_ to play it like a pure realistic stealth game.

R6Rider

Gold Member

Joey Bosa Video GIF

Just the word they went with for the video I guess.

Andodalf

Banned

Imagine being so sensitive you’re offended by the word new, and try to act like there must be some plot behind it.

Tripolygon

Banned

I would guess their train of thought is

next gen = the next generation

new gen = the current one which just started since it is almost a year old.

ManaByte

Is this a patch or a PS5 upgrade on the store?

I have the PS+ version but didn't see a PS5 upgrade on the app when I looked.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
I don't see any mention of the PS5 version on the store or for download, must not be out yet?

BigLee74

Nice. Whilst I appreciated the original 60fps boost on the XSX, the resolution remained poor.

This should be a whole lot better.

I forgot how long ago this game came out. I checked the store to see if the PS5 version was up (it's not) and was reminded that this game came out in February of 2017. Crazy that it is getting a next gen upgrade.

Top Bottom