• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sniper Elite 5 |OT| The French Connection

R6Rider

Gold Member
NeoGAF Sniper Elite 5 Official Thread
Title-Image.jpg

AM-JKLU7v9U-ei9k5U4g2Ex3qLr8XgP35THVnu1pKRANcEgIL4Pq9jPfpJbLE9vOOTpnhzkQNr2R4NNimxVENyAKd8uUCJVHW-7TSYHuBeEolnrVn2ji0m0LCplkND93VoDHEUbDHMx0__b0ZVGF2w7NVfmI=w1000-h350-no

Overview.jpg

Systems.jpg

Welcome to Sniper Elite 5
The latest installment in the award-winning series, Sniper Elite 5 offers unparalleled sniping, tactical third-person combat and an enhanced kill cam. Fight your way across the most immersive maps yet, with many real-world locations captured in stunning detail, and an improved traversal system that lets you explore more of them than ever before.

France, 1944 – As part of a covert US Rangers operation to weaken the Atlantic Wall fortifications along the coast of Brittany, elite marksman Karl Fairburne makes contact with the French Resistance. Soon they uncover a secret Nazi project that threatens to end the war before the Allies can even invade Europe: Operation Kraken.

SE5-Screenshots-Release-Date-WIP-ED-14-Research-Vista-No-GUI-1.jpg

Key-Features.jpg

Expansive Campaign – Many real-world locations have been captured using photogrammetry to recreate a living, immersive environment, and multiple infiltration and extraction points and kill list targets provide a whole new perspective on each mission. Take on the Nazi plot solo or work with a partner, with improved co-op mechanics allowing you to share ammo and items, give orders and heal each other.

Advanced Gunplay Physics and Traversal – Use ziplines, slide down slopes and shimmy along ledges to reach the perfect vantage point, or to sneak past a sharp-eyed lookout. Factor in rifle stock and barrel options along with gravity, wind and heart rate while you line up your sights on the target.

High Caliber Customization – Use workbenches to customize and upgrade virtually every aspect of your weapon – change scopes, stocks, barrels, magazines and more. Rifles, secondaries and pistols all have a huge variety of options. On top of that you can select the ammo to suit your target, from armor-piercing right down to non-lethal.

Invasion Mode – Campaign Drop in PvP and Co-Op – Invade another player’s Campaign as an Axis sniper and engage in a deadly game of cat and mouse, providing a new dimension to the challenge as you stalk your prey. Alternatively, as Karl you can call for assistance and have a second sniper drop in to help you out of a tricky situation.

Tense Adversarial Multiplayer – Customize your character and loadout and earn XP, medals and ribbons as you take on intensely competitive 16 player battles that will really test your sharpshooting skills. If co-op’s more your style, you can team up with up to 3 other players against waves of enemies in Survival mode.

Enhanced Kill Cam – More realistic and grisly than ever, the trademark X-ray kill cam returns, showing you the true destructive power of each shot. Bones deflect bullets unpredictably, ripping a new path through enemy bodies. SMGs and pistols can also trigger kill cams, including multiple shots in dramatic slow motion.

SE5-Screenshots-Release-Date-WIP-ED-04-Factory-Intro-No-GUI.jpg

SE5-Release-Date-Screenshot-03-1.jpg

Game-Versions.jpg

There are 4 different versions of the game.

Standard Edition
Base Game + Digital Graphic Novel + *Pre-Order Bonus: Target Fuhrer: Wolf Mountain Mission

Deluxe Edition
Standard Edition Contents + Season Pass + *Pre-Order Bonus: P.1938 Suppressed Pistol

Cadet Bundle
Deluxe Edition Contents + Exclusive T-Shirt + Logo Sticker

Marksman Bundle
Deluxe Edition Contents + Exclusive Bomber Jacket + SE5 Enamel Mug + Logo Sticker

SE5-Screenshots-Release-Date-WIP-ED-31-Pistols-And-Concrete-1200x675.jpg

Reviews.jpg

Reviews.jpg

Links.jpg

Official Game Website - OpenCritic - Metacritic

VIDEOS
Art of Stealth - Enhanced Kill Cam - Features Overview - Weapons & Customization

SE5-Screenshots-WIP-Reveal-03-Chapel-scaled-1.jpg

SEASON PASS INCLUDES:
  • 2 Campaign Missions
  • 2 Weapon skin packs
  • 2 Character Packs
  • 6 Weapon Packs
-----

That's it for now. Didn't have very much time on this one, but also didn't want to go gif heavy like my last OT (GT7).

I'll probably make further changes, and of course update with news.

Thanks for checking the OT out!

Salz01

Have it downloaded on GP, but thinking about getting the deluxe version on PS5. Want that Eagles Nest mission too…

R6Rider

Gold Member
Have it downloaded on GP, but thinking about getting the deluxe version on PS5. Want that Eagles Nest mission too…
I got the PS5 Deluxe edition as I love the series and my friends will probably pick it up like they did the last one.

SE4 was fantastic in co-op and now with the invasion mode, it will be even better.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Never played one of these but this looks interesting and is on gamepass.
Will download right away! Any tips?

R6Rider

Gold Member
Never played one of these but this looks interesting and is on gamepass.
Will download right away! Any tips?
Take your times on missions and don't be afraid to save a lot to trial and error various ways to get through a section.

There's various difficulty settings that affect enemies, and that affect the physics/ballistics of sniping. There's also a custom difficulty that you can fine tune to your liking.

Sniper Elite games offer lots of replayability and in general are best when you experiment.

Winkle

Went straight into invasion mode. I can’t get enough of it. It’s great. My only wish is they patch in an authentic plus mode, take away all the perks and the highlighting of your character when concealed. Make it happen Rebelllion

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Question: do you need to have played the previous ones?

Is the narrative even relevant in this game series?

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Question: do you need to have played the previous ones?

Is the narrative even relevant in this game series?

Nah, the plot is very basic, you *may* run into some older characters but the story is just a very basic shell to get you into the sniping action.

Feel free to start with this one as your very first game in the franchise.

Orbital2060

Im trying to play this on cloud gaming but the game wont launch its stuck at the spaceship stage

The others game I tried work just fine. Its almost as if theres a queue for blades with the game installed but I dont think the whole thing works like that?

Take your times on missions and don't be afraid to save a lot to trial and error various ways to get through a section.

There's various difficulty settings that affect enemies, and that affect the physics/ballistics of sniping. There's also a custom difficulty that you can fine tune to your liking.

Sniper Elite games offer lots of replayability and in general are best when you experiment.
Yeah, I definitely enjoyed customizing the aim options on Zombie Trilogy. For people who want to calculate wind and distance and shit, go for it. I just want it to hit the center of my sights dead on, and they let you pick what you like.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Yeah, I definitely enjoyed customizing the aim options on Zombie Trilogy. For people who want to calculate wind and distance and shit, go for it. I just want it to hit the center of my sights dead on, and they let you pick what you like.

Yeah, the sheer range of customization and accessibility options are incredible. You can make it as authentic or as arcadey as you want.

Someone put it the best in another topic, Rebellion make some of the best AA 1/2 games.

SJRB

Gold Member
Watching a livestream, this isn't looking too hot. The AI is aggressively bad. Like borderline non-existent.

adamsapple

Watching a livestream, this isn't looking too hot. The AI is aggressively bad. Like borderline non-existent.

Could be customized difficulty. The game has a massive range of customization settings for everything.

adamsapple

First mission was bugged. Couldnt find the kill target and there were no explosions lol

Game is total mess (playing on GP on Series S), frame stuttering, AI dumb as fuck, 1000 bugs, WHO WAS FUCKING IDIOT GIVING THIS GAME 9/10.

Series X here, no game breaking bug or notable performance issues so far, just finished Mission 3 a few minutes ago.

Weird.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
My copy just arrived. Installing now.

I've heard of a handful of glitches and a bit about some wonky controls. Hopefully bugs get patched quickly.

Playing on PC via Game Pass and no issues at all on ultra settings 1440p north of at least 80-90fps (based purely on feeling rather than hard stats) with 12700k and 3080, although no reason it shouldn’t run great!

The game itself is fun and I think the best of the 5. Looking forward to playing some more, it’s not amazing by any stretch and feels at home on game pass. Looking forward to playing some more.

Im on level 1 but really enjoying it honestly. If you're fine with a little AA jank its a fun shooter / stealth game so far.

I will highly encourage everyone to constantly tweak the options while playing. Go to advanced options and there's an insane amount of customization. I've tweaked aiming and camera speed settings a dozen times and got it feeling pretty good. Turned off binocular distortion, etc.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Had two crashes at a specific spot on the first missions. Otherwise no issues.

Invasions are super fun. Haven't started mission 2 because I've been invading.

Von

Really enjoyed Zombie Army Trilogy, Zombie Army 4. Sniper Elite 3 & 4 but I’ll hold off til this receives some updates an QoL.

adamsapple

What's the performance on this on series x? Didn't see a quality or performance toggle

Seems more or less like Sniper Elite 4 after its next gen update.

Dynamic 4K with what looks like really solid 60 FPS (keep in mind I am on a VRR display, so that might be helping my perception out).

Foilz

Banned
It's basically SE 4 with dlc. The visuals aren't that much different and the movement is still horrid. I love playing multiplayer of the SE games but I just wish they made the games better.

The Stig

i want this but am worried about my PC performance.

I have an i5 6600k (@4.4ghz) and a 1060GTX 6gb. Anyone got similar specs? How is performance?

Top Bottom