• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sniper Elite 5 |OT| The French Connection

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Purchased the Wolf Mountain DLC mission.

Having a lot of fun with the game.

Reactions: Isa
Are the bugs normal in this game? Especially when you hit enemies in/on vehicles. You hit them and It looks like you killled them. A few Seconds later It Looks they are alive but they are dead. Don't know hot describe this.

The performance also tanks when you kill a few people in the same spot and you run arround their dead bodies.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Have only had two crashes on a specific spot on the first mission. Nothing else so far outside of a truck not stopping at a checkpoint and running two soldiers over.

Some of the people I invade are so bad that I feel sorry for them. Also got invaded by a guy who already has the ghillie unlocked for 100 kills as invader. Blew my head off as I was lockpicking a door.

Last edited:
  • LOL

R6Rider

Gold Member
My sniper P08 in action.

AM-JKLW1NHNu_fUQJJQiMRPVN7KDFYLSL8J_LusCn3VdmKB8LxmK8SCjecR922Sx7LCyLr8JPm8oyQgRhJARK1wV6z_es8yuuMeCcJ_F9ugQaTzbgtPR1dQ_TM9kVUvmjsnI_Gjznv4BU5UTqG59AJxASNrI=w840-h480-no

jaysius

Banned
I've had the key target not spawning in the first mission, bad guys running into walls, stuck there, it was fun though, tossed a grenade into the room and got a triple kill.

Even with the issues, I'm still having a fun time.

This is almost Splinter Cell WW2, it's the closest thing we'll see to Splinter Cell for a very long time.

Salz01

Is hdr messed up here? Everything looks dark in mp, series x here
I’ve been wondering if it’s just me. But HDR seems to be a bit wonky on Series X. Also the control is off too, I had to mess with movement sliders a bit to get it right.

Pimpbaa

Why the hell is the text and hud so bright in HDR? Well above standard setting for that in other games and there is no way to adjust HDR settings in the game. Come on Rebellion, a lot of people have OLEDs and don't want burn in.

ManaByte

Completely finished the first mission with all objectives. So good. Loving it. Playing it on both XSX and PC.

R6Rider

Gold Member
I really hope they add trip mines back. I loved them in 4.

I'm generally hoping for more weapons. Also, reticle options for scopes needs to return. Finished the first 4 missions now.

adamsapple

1xljmw.png

Good Food Wow GIF by For(bes) The Culture

-----

That being said I've found my first easy to replicate bug in the game.

Every time I shoot hitler in his ball, the game crashes. There's an achievement for that and I'm not able to get it because of the crashes.

Anyone else having this issue ?

R6Rider

Gold Member
So either it's a bug or they forgot, but there's a small building on the Wolf Mountain level that is impossible to leaver once you enter as an invader.

matty3092

Anyone encountered the bug on the 1st mission where u need to get a key off a body in the attic for some floor boards but there's no key spawning?

tommib

Can’t wait to play it next year when my embargo on buying new games is lifted. :p Elite 4 was the most pleasant surprise. I tried it on gamepass last year when it was added to the FPS boost list and got hooked immediately. The maps are so good and dense and there’s dozens of ways to finish your missions. Enjoy it, guys.

Last edited:

adamsapple

So either it's a bug or they forgot, but there's a small building on the Wolf Mountain level that is impossible to leaver once you enter as an invader.

I guess I didn't run into that in my time with that mission yet, can you point in the map which one so I can test ?

R6Rider

Gold Member
I guess I didn't run into that in my time with that mission yet, can you point in the map which one so I can test ?
SE5-house.jpg

This is the house on the right hand side of the map where the crosshair marker is. On the back side there is a small opening where you can drop down.

From there I was unable to climb back out or open any door or window upstairs to escape.

Last edited:
Jesus Christ the AI in this game is pathetic.

Played the Führer Mission and couldn't find Hitler. Well after a few minutes searching arround the Wolfsschanze I've found him. Well he was in the room where the mail deliveries are stored. He was there with two guards. Waiting to be shot by me with his back turned to the door.

Is It that hard to code the AI that they at least look in the direction where the door is??

Salz01

Game is legit good. Like the sniper invasions, and the ability to quiklly rematch them. Made it to the 3rd level. Hope the other levels keep up on the quality. Curious what the dlc will bring.

adamsapple

Jesus Christ the AI in this game is pathetic.

Played the Führer Mission and couldn't find Hitler. Well after a few minutes searching arround the Wolfsschanze I've found him. Well he was in the room where the mail deliveries are stored. He was there with two guards. Waiting to be shot by me with his back turned to the door.

Is It that hard to code the AI that they at least look in the direction where the door is??

That particular mission feels more like a Hitman mission, Hitler has a schedule and moves around the map to different places. It's pretty cool if you can figure out where next and set up an ambush for him.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Really like multi in this. When exactly does scope glare occur? Is it any time while aiming or just using focus?
Anytime you're aiming using a rifle (except for scopes that state otherwise). Over the shoulder aiming does not have glare, nor does using iron sights.

Your binoculars do not have glare, as well as your sidearm or secondary with scopes (at least I think that's correct, but maybe 6x still do?).

Keep in mind that AI snipers also have scope glare, which can be used to your advantage during an invasion.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
The game is super fun, especially using explosives to trigger x-rays. I just wish more levels were as complex as mission 3. I've probably spent more than 4 hours with it alone.

That particular mission feels more like a Hitman mission, Hitler has a schedule and moves around the map to different places. It's pretty cool if you can figure out where next and set up an ambush for him.
He was sitting the whole time in this fucking room just like the guards.No one was moving. The AI is complete trash when the enemy is hunting for you. In another spot two soldiers were stuck in the field and couldn't move.

adamsapple

He was sitting the whole time in this fucking room just like the guards.No one was moving. The AI is complete trash when the enemy is hunting for you. In another spot two soldiers were stuck in the field and couldn't move.

Oh man sounds like the AI broke in your session, he was driving around to different places and then went to bowling in his villa in my game.

jaysius

Banned
I started this out slow and methodical kind of creeping even when there were no baddies.

In mission 2 I started snipping whatever, and just mowing down people when there was an alarm to combat, the game is much more fun this way, optional stealth, not forced, but if you break it all is not lost, and as a last resort save scum the shit out of it.

I started this out slow and methodical kind of creeping even when there were no baddies.

In mission 2 I started snipping whatever, and just mowing down people when there was an alarm to combat, the game is much more fun this way, optional stealth, not forced, but if you break it all is not lost, and as a last resort save scum the shit out of it.
Yep. I just waited for a truck to go near a guard tower and shot the tanks and blew it all to hell. Then hang around and snipe people running to look at the wreckage.

Top Bottom