• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2 - Launch Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

A modern warfare shooter set in the Middle East, play as Raven, Contract Sniper Assassin, as you take out a series of targets across a dramatic single-player campaign. With extreme-range shots exceeding 1000m, gear up for the most challenging entry to the best-selling first person sniping series yet.

JayK47

I have enjoyed this series since the beginning. I plan to pick this up at some point. I was surprised how good the first Contracts was.

Has anybody picked this up yet?

R6Rider

Gold Member
I have enjoyed this series since the beginning. I plan to pick this up at some point. I was surprised how good the first Contracts was.

Has anybody picked this up yet?
I was going to get at initial launch, but now waiting until the PS5 version (which was delayed for some "technical reason"). Hopefully it's not too far off.

Need some impressions gentlemen…something did not feel right with the first one and I dropped it after about 5 hours. How y’all feel about this one?

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Reviewed on PC by Tristan Ogilvie. Also available on PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One.

"Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2 blows off a heck of a lot of heads, but never managed to blow my mind. Its long range sniper shots feel genuinely satisfying to pull off, but the enemy AI is so dimwitted it almost seems cruel to kill them. With an upgrade system that's largely skippable and mostly uninspired mission challenges, Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2 is a competent sniper sim that lacks the edge required to be a real sharpshooter."

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Available now, ‘Butcher’s Banquet’ is free on all platforms, and introduces an entirely new, unexplored region - The Temple - complete with all-new contracts and objectives. As a new threat looms over Kuamar, your mission is to put a stop to the movement’s notorious leader, Mahmoud Zarza, aka… the Butcher.

SGW Contracts 2 is a modern warfare shooter set in the Middle East. Play as Raven, Contract Sniper Assassin, as you take out a series of targets across a dramatic single-player campaign. With extreme-range shots exceeding 1000m, gear up for the most challenging entry to the best-selling first person sniping series yet.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The PS5 “Elite Edition” offers eye-opening 4K resolution alongside updated visuals and textures, further improving what was already the best-looking entry to the series. DualSense Adaptive Triggers make each weapon feel unique, providing greater control over those all-important 1000m+ extreme-range sniper shots, while Haptic Feedback ensures you feel every bullet like never before. As for those untimely deaths, lightning-fast SSD loading times will deliver persistent assassins straight back into the action faster than ever.

SGW Contracts 2 is a modern warfare shooter set in the Middle East. Play as Raven, Contract Sniper Assassin, as you take out a series of targets across a dramatic single-player campaign. With extreme-range shots exceeding 1000m, gear up for the most challenging entry to the best-selling first person sniping series yet.

JayK47

Playing this now. The maps are definitely bigger and they like to set up long shot situations. It can get pretty crazy the shots you need to pull off. It is definitely not like the first contracts game so far. So far I prefer the one map that allows for medium to short range sniping. When I say long shots, I mean like a mile out from targets and the game doesn't allow you to access the area where the target is. Your only option is to engage really far out with lots of bullet drop and lag from shot to hit.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
I haven't played any of these, how do they compare to Sniper Elite?

R6Rider

Gold Member
I haven't played any of these, how do they compare to Sniper Elite?
Sniper Elite is on another level IMO, but it's also third person, has co-op, more modes, and of course the amazing bullet + kill cam.

The Ghost Warrior games have gotten better with each iteration, and the Contracts games are a huge step up from the ones prior. Still some really fun gameplay to be had.

JayK47

I loved Sniper Elite 2. I never could get past one of the levels in Sniper Elite 3. I guess I prefer Sniper Ghost Warrior games, or at least I am able to get through them and enjoy them. I have enjoyed the Zombie Army spin offs in coop. Could be considered to be better than the main games.

If you enjoy sniping, you only have so many games to choose from.

JayK47

Wrapped this up. There were some interesting levels and some annoying ones. If you enjoyed any of the previous titles, in particular the previous contracts, this is mostly more of the same. I would recommend getting it on sale for around $10. It is a good looking game, but some levels feel pretty empty and the AI is pretty horrible at reacting to you. You can just pick enemies off one by one and there is not much to worry about if they detect you. It is pretty easy to evade them or just keep picking them off as they panic.

Top Bottom