• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Snoop Dogg Reveals that Dr. Dre is Working on Next Grand Theft Auto Soundtrack

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Sometimes you never know where a rumor about a new project might come from. There have been countless teases for the sixth entry in the Grand Theft Auto franchise and it looks like Snoop Dogg might’ve added to it. In an interview with Rolling Stone, he shared that Dr. Dre was working on some new music. The big reveal is that he also confirms that it’s not for a new album but rather for an upcoming entry in Rockstar’s Grand Theft Auto.

I do know he’s in the studio. I do know he’s making great fucking music. And some of his music is connected to the GTA game that’s coming out. So I think that that will be the way that his music will be released, through the GTA video game.
Snoop Dogg
Rolling Stone has reached out to GTA developers Rockstar to confirm, but they declined to comment. Dr. Dre and his representatives have also not openly commented on the statement. Of course, if they did it would most likely have to involve a confirmation on what project they are currently working on. Especially with all these rumors going around for the upcoming Grand Theft Auto VI.

snoop dogg GIF

Last edited:

CitizenZ

Banned
I mean, in all serious, its the ultimate SAFE play. I would also expect Jay Z to be included.

Last edited:

theHFIC

Maybe the good Doctor is getting his own station for an upcoming GTA Online expansion? He was in the last big expansion with Jimmy Iovine, DJ Pooh, and Scott Storch so anything is possible.

Any new GTA feels so far off for them to be even thinking about a musical score at this point. Stations and songs sure, but the story probably isn't even close to production yet. I thought every rumor had it pointing back to Florida which is far away from Dr. Dre's wheelhouse.

Urban

Maybe the good Doctor is getting his own station for an upcoming GTA Online expansion? He was in the last big expansion with Jimmy Iovine, DJ Pooh, and Scott Storch so anything is possible.

Any new GTA feels so far off for them to be even thinking about a musical score at this point. Stations and songs sure, but the story probably isn't even close to production yet. I thought every rumor had it pointing back to Florida which is far away from Dr. Dre's wheelhouse.
Wait ? Dre and Storch were in a GTA expansion ? Which one ?
I mean Dre is the best HipHop producer of all time and the times were he worked with Storch were brilliant !

theHFIC

Wait ? Dre and Storch were in a GTA expansion ? Which one ?
I mean Dre is the best HipHop producer of all time and the times were he worked with Storch were brilliant !
In the latest big GTA online expansion The Cayo Perico Heist they make cameos at the beginning cinematica of the game. Nothing much more than that at this point but was still funny to see.

Myths

The thing is he could just be talking about the next expansion or DLC. Sometimes, these guys aren’t too in touch with games and their sequels.

saintjules

So it's GTA VI, not Defintiive Trilogy?

While the definitive trilogy is what's next up, I couldn't imagine it's that considering the release is only a few weeks away.

I guess one could argue that if tracks from the original games are missing in the trilogy due to licensing issues, his tracks could substitute. You also have to consider that the tracks for whatever game they're going to needed to have been finished and mastered way long ago for them to be implemented into the trilogy.

Could be the trilogy, could be a new GTA Online thing, or it could even be GTA VI. But the way Snoop was making it sound when he said "...some of his music is connected to the GTA game that’s coming out" sounds like ramblings and couldn't pinpoint as to which one specifically.

Last edited:
This was already known since he showed up in the update for a short moment. You don't simply get someone like this just to show up for a few seconds in a cut scene randomly like they did.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill

Sometimes you never know where a rumor about a new project might come from. There have been countless teases for the sixth entry in the Grand Theft Auto franchise and it looks like Snoop Dogg might’ve added to it. In an interview with Rolling Stone, he shared that Dr. Dre was working on some new music. The big reveal is that he also confirms that it’s not for a new album but rather for an upcoming entry in Rockstar’s Grand Theft Auto.

Rolling Stone has reached out to GTA developers Rockstar to confirm, but they declined to comment. Dr. Dre and his representatives have also not openly commented on the statement. Of course, if they did it would most likely have to involve a confirmation on what project they are currently working on. Especially with all these rumors going around for the upcoming Grand Theft Auto VI.

snoop dogg GIF
That side bitch on the left is nasty as hell

YCoCg

So it turns out this is for a GTA Online update. Dr. Dre already appeared in GTAO last year as a person who was supposed to fly out to Cayo Perico, but before he gets on the plane he's informed that someone has stole his car which contains demos of his new music. He and DJ Pooh (and Dre's manager) jump in a car and ride off.

Last edited:

theHFIC

Damn I am good. I need to play the market more.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
For me ya'll get caught up in soundtracks, import your own tracks it's as simple as that.

Top Bottom