• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Snow Bros Special announced

00_Zer0

This was burried in a recommendation thread, but glad to see this classic game come back. Hopefully the gameplay/control is still intact in the "Special" version.

COYPRNO.jpg

iZGWIbN.jpg

Snow Bros. Special will be released for the Nintendo Switch only * so far * with worldwide digital and physical releases in Japan, Europe, and North America. Releases later this year(no date specified).

Edit: Here is a badly translated source

It looks like it has a graphics overhaul with additional stages, and a "monster challenge" mode. Not sure about the graphics, but if it plays well I'm all for it.

There is a normal physical release with stickers then a sick looking collectors edition with many more goodies. See post #14 for collectors edition.

Last edited:

00_Zer0

OMFG!!!!!!

Edit - no game has had me hammering buttons as hard and as fast as Snow Bros. This was thee game to play in the arcades before SFII arrived.

I'm excited too! To own this game legally today you have to spend outrageous amounts on ebay for the Mega Drive/Famicom/NES version. Or buy an iiRcade where you can legally purchase within their ecosystem. This will be a great alternative as long as it plays well.

jdforge

Banned
This is more exciting than Toki coming back. Hopefully someone will do Rainbow Islands and The New Zealand Story too.

skneogaf

Bing bong bing bong!

I absolutely love this game, I did have a multi game arcade that had it on and I used to play this the most! So good!

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
So far it seems so. There will be a worldwide release with digital and physical editions. There will be two physical releases. One standard release that also includes stickers and a collectors edition that includes all the goodies below:
e99oVgv.jpg
I see the CD but they need a vinyl OST too

Neff

Having the option to slap a scanline filter over these 'remastered' graphics is the dumbest thing I've seen today.

Orta

Banned
Was hoping there would be an original pixel graphics mode but what the hell.

Definitely getting the physical version.

GymWolf

I was thinking about a weird collaboration between jon jones and chuck liddell from the title but okay...

00_Zer0

Yes! Releasing May 19 at a bargain price for both physical and digital versions. I'm getting physical. If anyone finds a US preorder for the Switch version that pops up on Amazon or Best Buy soon let me know. I must preorder this. So far my preorders consist of TMNT Cowabunga Collection, Pocky and Rocky Reshrined, Capcom Fighting Collection, and Pacman Museum +. Looks like classic old school goodness all year round fellas.

Holammer

Having the option to slap a scanline filter over these 'remastered' graphics is the dumbest thing I've seen today.
A CRT filter It can give disgusting clean vectors much needed texture.
In Pirate's Curse it masks the clash between original pixel art and high res fonts and character portraits.

68046BA44EE1B300F5EB0E453AFB82A61FCF2206

Top Bottom