• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, almost 1 year later: PC players - Were you personally okay with Cyberpunk's release?

If you played on PC, were you okay with Cyberpunk's release?

• Yes

Votes: 110 62.9%
  • No

Votes: 65 37.1%

• Total voters

Vlodril

It was a fantastic game that obviously was scaled down like crazy and it shows. I had very few bugs (unlike shit like valhalla for example..) so it didn't affect me at all. Was my goty last year despite it's limitations. Night city is the best looking city by far , the gameplay was smooth and i really liked the story. I do love cyberpunk though so that might have played a role.

I am definitely doing a second playthrough i am just waiting for the better versions next year and probably some expansions too.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Yes, I played on a good rig and took about 50 hours to do the main story and a bunch of side quests. Had a good amount of visual bugs but nothing game breaking.

A really good plot, characters and world wrapped in a really average game. Still made one of my top games for the year based on its strengths.

Played only about 10 hours (keep meaning to go back) but had zero problems on a £600 laptop.

Played the launch version on base ps4 for a few hours, which had expected cuts in graphics and frame rate. Didn't see issues like others did but maybe (bugs aside) my expectations were a lot lower.

Very happy with the pc version though.

Sure. I loved playing the game on PC. I finished it with no major bugs. A few T-poses here and there and one single crash to desktop in 100+ hours. The combat gameplay loop was addictive to me and I had fun with acquiring and driving the various cars as well. The characters were interesting and well written. Overall a very good game.

Could it have had deeper mechanics? Sure. It could have been an even better game, but what was there was enjoyable to me.

in terms of visuals/performance...it actually really good! looks really beautiful with ultra settings and RTX on. i expected my PC to struggle with it but i was getting about 100fps on Ultra or 50-70fps with RTX. yeah there were bugs but nothing crazy. i've honestly played a LOT of games in much worse state to the point i had to mod them but i didn't ever need to mod Cyberpunk.

it's the game itself that is the issue. it has a beautiful and impressive map but lifeless. main story is quite enjoyable even if it's quite short. almost every RPG thing about it feels broken/meaningless; meaningful choices/paths/classes, levelling up stats/creating a build, customising weapons, collecting cars, clothes, character creation. you get the feeling this was meant to be a full blown deep RPG but they abandoned that and instead made it into a generic action/fps game with RPG elements tacked on. it's closer to something like Doom Eternal than Baldur's Gate. Doom is primarily a shooter with a story but you can level up stats, builds, etc. That's what Cyberpunk feels like. I wasn't expecting Cyberpunk to be exactly like Baldur's Gate but i was expecting an in depth RPG except instead of isometric top down it would be first person with a fully explorable 3d world.

it's a really disappointing game. there was so much potential but CDPR were too ambitious. it breaks my heart watching that original 48 minute gameplay video or even the original teaser. the game changed a lot in just a couple years before launch and was obviously completely rebooted after the original teaser. even reading through the 2020/Red handbooks it just makes me think what this game could've been. those tabletop games are amazing and deserve a proper video game adaptation.

i hope Mike Pondsmith isn't put off and decides to keep working with CDPR. I think if they stick with it and make another game they will only get better. Look at the original Witcher game compared to 3 or even 2. it almost feels like a completely different game. I hope that's what happens with Cyberpunk. the world is too rich and interesting to give up on.

SnapShot

It was already good when I played it at launch, either I got lucky enough to not encounter any bugs or they were blown way out of proportion/are coming from old-gen console owners or people with weak PCs that could not handle the game, just wish the city itself wasn't so lifeless, more interactivity could have helped, game does not even have barber or tattoo shops, the only tattoos you get are from those cyberware shops, those arcade machines? make them playable, add braindances outside story missions, you can't even eat food or noodles in restaurants or sit in chairs outside of very specific quest cutscenes, so much untapped potential to make the game much more immersive.

Mato

It was my first CDPR game and I had reasonable expectations. I got about 120 hours out of it on PC and enjoyed exploring Night City. I'm good.

BaneIsPain

Yes but becomes disappointed over time. It has so much potential to be an exceptional game. or some might say generational game.

GK_Gats

No. Played 10 hours then uninstalled.
Too many immersion breaking issues. I'll wait for the definitive edition. Maybe.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
kinda. had its fair few bugs and other problems, but i played it on release three times and liked it.

what bothers me more is that the state of the game isn't much better now than it was then. i thought they would have made much more progress
They have wasted so much time trying to fix the shitty console ports that they haven't gotten around to fixing more substantial things than just bugs.

captainpat

I'd give it a 7/10. The graphics and story did a lot of heavy lifting. The gameplay is just tolerable enough, I had very few bugs and was playing on a 3080 with a LG-CX so I got to play it with the visual absolutely cranked. If you can play it that way then I would say it's decent and worth it for the visuals. If would have less powerful hardware though, I'd play something else.

LOLCats

Banned
I picked it up for bout $18 on PC and its not terrible. Seems to run great, but yeah it could have been much more.

they really missed the mark going first person, everyone knows, any rpg that has legs is a 3rd person game, hopefully they've learned their lesson.

Last edited:

LOLCats

Banned
Not stubborness...Its called game design.
Yeah thats BS lol. It was idiot logic and reducing level of effort. The narrative that they did first person because its more immersive is total bullshit and they did it because its WAY easier. The idiot logic is going against your bread and butter (3rd person rpg genre) and doing something the total opposite of your fan base preferences.

Null Persp

Absolutely, It wasn't perfect, It had problems but in the end I really liked it. Top tier graphics, incredible atmosphere, gameplay/shooting was great and characters, stories and music were memorable.

Sure it performed much better than the consoles and Maxed out it looks better than 99% of console games.

Game was still ass , graphics aren’t everything. We got 1/10th of the game we were promised.

Warablo

Its a decent story game and atmosphere, but really wanted more from it. It certainly wasn't a buggy bad game on PC.

Fuz

Banned
No.

And I don't even care for the bugs. I expect them in such a big complex game.

But I can't forgive that they basically promised us Deus EX GTA and delivered something different.

Fuz

Banned
Their stubbornness to make the game in first person ruined it a bit for me. At the end of the day, Cyberpunk is a good game (not great)... but completely forgettable.

Would give it a score of 6-7 out of 10.
Bullshit argument.
Third person would have ruined it for me.

K2D

Banned
Voted yes on behalf of a buddy who for the life of him can't understand why we console players are whining so much. It remains to be said that he bee-lined the story missions.

Umbasaborne

Banned
IT's a decent game. Extremely ambitious and it's a sign of why Rockstar can't finish GTA6 and Bethesda TES6.

People that think it was a lazy cash grab are being naive. But they shouldn't have released it on last gen consoles.

Game development is becoming a living nightmare.
Yep, i mean just look at halo launching unfinished, or battlefield. Games need almost a decade of dev time now and often its not enough. No one wants to hear it, but the current state of aaa game development is unsustainable

I played it day 1 on my new PC (Ryzen 5 3600 + RTX 3080) and had virtually no issues at all with the game. One or two crashes but that goes for any game, so. I hadn't read much details about the game before I played it so I wasn't disappointed in whatever's missing compared to what they promised.

There are room for improvements, but overall I think it's a magnificent game. Easily 9/10 and if they just fixed a few things, such as more NPC variety and more meaningful exploration it would be a 10/10 for me. Still, one of the best games in recent years.

nemiroff

Gold Member
It's not really a yes or no question to me. I'm on a very high end computer and wasn't much affected by rage-inducing bugs so-to-speak, so.. I love the core mechanics and graphics and thus have 130 hours in the game, but I'm still very much miffed about the shoddy "living & breathing" world simulation.

Horatius

yeah, always thought it was a good to very good game. not very replayable, especially with that fucking intro damn, but was overall entertaining for many hours.

Played it around medium setting on a laptop with a 1650. There were small bugs here and there but nothing like what happened with last gen consoles. I get why people were upset but I personally loved the game. I still have it installed and like to just explore the city every couple of days. Almost 200 hours worth of content for me so far.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Played through 3 times. Just loaded it up again the other night and noticed they added a bunch of stuff so o might go through it again soon. Though I might wait for the big 2022 update.

Top Bottom