• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So apparently Monkeypox is a thing...?

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Confirmed cases now in Israel and Switzerland.

Monkeypox isn't new, so how is this now spreading through the western world? Serious question as well.

Oof, certainly don't wanna catch that

iu

iu
Seems mild. /s

Dream-Knife

Banned

Jsisto

Naturally there’s concern. This is a significantly more deadly disease than Covid. However, if history is to be believed, it’s also significantly less likely to spread on a large scale due to the nature of how it spreads, and as mentioned previously, there is precedent for minor outbreaks in the not too distant past. Don’t forget...the news Networks kind of have to report on this stuff, and they have even more incentive to now in light of covid. That doesn’t mean it’s going to become a full blown pandemic, The amount of cases right now are practically insignificant compared to where Covid was at this point when it started being detected. My point is be aware, but don’t succumb to unnecessary panic.

akimbo009

Gold Member
Naturally there’s concern. This is a significantly more deadly disease than Covid. However, if history is to be believed, it’s also significantly less likely to spread on a large scale due to the nature of how it spreads, and as mentioned previously, there is precedent for minor outbreaks in the not too distant past. Don’t forget...the news Networks kind of have to report on this stuff, and they have even more incentive to now in light of covid. That doesn’t mean it’s going to become a full blown pandemic, The amount of cases right now are practically insignificant compared to where Covid was at this point when it started being detected. My point is be aware, but don’t succumb to unnecessary panic.

Good advice...

Meanwhile...

Last edited:

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
Last edited:

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
I'm surprised every infected is he and not a single they.
We back to two genders?
There's a growing war between the LGB versus the TQ+. Homosexuality is same sex attraction and the wokes want to say same gender. Plus inclusion meant that many men only bars were basically forced to bankrupty because of these activists. Plus darklands is for fetishists. I mean have you seen a pink haired skinhead or leatherman recently? The skinheads would beat them in a second.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
We have a vaccine for this. US Carries enough smallpox vaccine to vaccinate the entire population in the case of a smallpox attack. The smallpox vaccine is affective against monkey pox. They already know that this strain of monkey pox is the weaker one. I don't see lockdowns for something that has one of the best vaccines we have ever made (you know the one that eradicated smallpox, the most deadly disease in human history). If this looks like it has gotten better at spreading then they will order the vaccines to be delivered to affected areas of the country. Children will be vaccinated first as they are the most susceptible. After people see the physical ramifications of this disease I dont think they will protest the vaccine. If they do then, well... I guess they can enjoy being possibly physically deformed for the rest of their life.

Last edited:

DeaDPo0L84

Good post and agree, but with how most media networks handled the covid pandemic and overstated the risk and had the daily ticker of cases/deaths to cause people to worry even further (especially those who sre already anxiety ridden), we'll see if they learned anything or just push that even harder being there's a certain convenient election occurring in November and they could use this to their advantage.

The country depends on our media to push aside their political biases when it comes to situations that impact us on the whole but coming out the other side of the covid pandemic and seeing where a lot of chips fell when it came to who was telling the truth and who was lying was legit worrisome when you consider we're playing with peoples lives and the country's future progress as a whole.

ikbalCO

Damn liberals love the vaccines.

How did going to super market turn into a trip to india i dont know.

Hope goverments and media dont overreact to his aswell.

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
These pandemics have to be spread intentionally as a bioweapon, solely because of how increasingly stupid the names are.

West Nile - Sounds exotic, the Nile is already known to be fraught with danger and intrigue. Mosquito transmission brings to mind Biblical plague and pestilence style shit, 9/10, good name.

Bird Flu - Makes me think of ducks, which makes me think of China King Buffet, so it's very unintentionally racist. Also birds are fucking dumb. Terrible plague bearers. They shit everywhere and die. One flew too low over my father's grill during a cookout and died midair and fell on his chest. I mean, that's kind of metal, but...7/10

Corona - Because when I think of end times, I think of light beer. Not only is it not intimidating, it fucked over a business. Bad for the economy on several fronts. 5/10

Monkeypox - This shit is bananas, now. 3/10

Pretty soon we're going to have televised press conferences about the new deadly plague "Poopoo Stinky Butt Virus," Get it together, world. Name the next one like The Iron Maiden, or the Judicer's Blade or something kvlt.

Last edited:
Top Bottom