• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So far, Series X and PS5 are pretty disappointing upgrades over One X and PS4Pro

That game is so fucking impressive. Proper RT GI like that is basically a generational leap on its own, and vastly more worthwhile than the reflections in something like Ratchet.

If this approach becomes trhe standard we'll get some really mindblowing visuals by the end of the generation.
I'm so disappointed in people's reaction to Metro Exodus having RT GI. They accomplished an incredible feat in doing that, and most people didn't seem to care. That worries me. Manly people still think that rayvtracing = reflections and that "ratchet and Spiderman have the best RT". Lol.

I keep telling my friends don’t worry that you can’t get a PS5 yet because I’ve had one for nearly a year and done not much but play PS4games on it. And the games I play most, GT Sport and Red Dead 2 don’t even have 60fps patches. The only game I bought and enjoyed recently was the Ghost of Tsushima expansion and it’s a PS4 game. I’m just hanging on for Gran Turismo 7 and even that’s a cross gen title.

But we’ll see the potential of these in 2-3 years more. PS4 had a real slow start too with a bunch of 1080p 30fps PS3 games rereleasing.
Gt sport is already a locked 60 fps on ps5.

Fuck Rockstar for not patching Rdr2

Hunnybun

I'm so disappointed in people's reaction to Metro Exodus having RT GI. They accomplished an incredible feat in doing that, and most people didn't seem to care. That worries me. Manly people still think that rayvtracing = reflections and that "ratchet and Spiderman have the best RT". Lol.

I think in general you can trust developers to make the right choices to make their games look the best they can.

I really hope so, anyway.

S0ULZB0URNE

Disappointed in XSX and PS5? Damn..Let's hope no one tells you about the other next gen console..

Episode 17 Laughing GIF by The Simpsons
We only have two....

rofif

Banned
Jump is huge. Games don’t load anymore and the controller is crazy good
+ the usual graphics and so on

imo its worth it. i dont miss jet engine noises from the ps4 and overall no load times and a quick snappy UI is pretty good. of course the games is what we're all waiting for lol
My ps4 does that, i want a ps5 but can't get one because of scalpers and shit resellers. Wish i could have this but sony doesn't want my money. I want demon souls so bad! And to finish games i didn't get to finish like god of war, spiderman, ghosts etc..

They sent me an invite email on Sunday night. For Monday morning a 1 hour window. I didn't see the email until today. What type of bs is that giving you less than 24 hours notice for a chance to purchase the console. It's bs.
I have been trying since pre-order day when i got screwed out of that. PS4 i preordered right away at gamestop by putting my name in their list and was there day 1 couldn't do it this year, thanks fing covid.
I am going to keep bitching about it until i get to buy one at msrp. Its bs this is even an issue and people that have them already act like "its so easy" . its not.
I wouldn't care if my ps4 didn't sound like a jet plane.

I have my switch and a launch ps4 that heats the room up 10 degrees and a ps3 with no working bluetooth or wifi, and a pc (with 3060ti)

Last edited:
Is it even worth it if you don't have a 4k tv? i am still on 1080p and my tvs work fine. I am not getting rid of a working 55" set for a few more pixels.
What other than faster loading and demon souls does it even offer?

tusharngf

i sold my PS4 PRO last year and might get ps5 pro again as current gen games doesnt look that good to me. By 2023 we may see more next gen titles as compared to current cross gen.

S0ULZB0URNE

Mate you're making yourself look more silly than you usually do, stop being a fanboy and step into reality. RDR2 is still the graphics benchmark overall (sure certain games do certain things better but none do everything as good as RDR2).
You trolling Rachet and Clank RA and PS5 with every post in this topic.

Last edited:

tommib

Game sucks. That’s why people don’t care about RT GI. It’s not enough to have Alex Battlefield Earth saying how amazing it is if you can barely see any difference on a game that’s just not good. Also, we’re all slowly catching up on how much of a marketing buzzword RTX has been.

onQ123

Yes, but last gen had 4k games...

Yeah & you was talking about Returnal internal resolution being 1/4 of 4K games on Xbox One X & asked was there any PS4 games that ran at 1/4 of PS3 games.

Call of Duty: V internal resolution on PS4 is 960x540 which is 1/4 of 1080P

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Game sucks. That’s why people don’t care about RT GI. It’s not enough to have Alex Battlefield Earth saying how amazing it is if you can barely see any difference on a game that’s just not good. Also, we’re all slowly catching up on how much of a marketing buzzword RTX has been.
You are smoking crack. Metro Exodus is fucking EXCELLENT. A fantastic blend of fps/immersive/sim quais-open world. Great game.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Yeah & you was talking about Returnal internal resolution being 1/4 of 4K games on Xbox One X & asked was there any PS4 games that ran at 1/4 of PS3 games.

Call of Duty: V internal resolution on PS4 is 960x540 which is 1/4 of 1080P
Yes. But base PS4 is not the pinnacle of resolution of last gen... I should have changed PS4 for X1X.

Hunnybun

Um, but the RT in Metro Exodus is spectacular and comes at a relatively small cost.

It's the vindication of all the hype.

Derktron

Banned

I will still argue this and do not care what these so-called experts of Neogaf tell me but until I see graphics like this or the level we saw on the Last of Us 2 but next-gen level. Then next-gen has not started off but I do think Next-Gen is good because of the load times.

Last edited:

onQ123

Vanguard resolution on base PS4 is not the best resolution last gen could provide like the 1080p on PS3 was.

Are you crazy or something? go back & read what you said you asked if there was a PS4 game that was 1/4 of the resolution of PS3 games.

Vanguard having a 960x540 internal resolution on PS4 compared to some PS3 games being 1080P is exactly like you pointing out that Returnal has a 1080P internal resolution on PS5 compared to Red Dead Redemption 2 being 4K on Xbox One X .

Um, but the RT in Metro Exodus is spectacular and comes at a relatively small cost.

It's the vindication of all the hype.
People don't play graphics they play games. Nobody cares about Metro Exodus because it's just not a special game. It doesn't do anything special.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Are you crazy or something? go back & read what you said you asked if there was a PS4 game that was 1/4 of the resolution of PS3 games.

Vanguard having a 960x540 internal resolution on PS4 compared to some PS3 games being 1080P is exactly like you pointing out that Returnal has a 1080P internal resolution on PS5 compared to Red Dead Redemption 2 being 4K on Xbox One X .
Again I should have said X1X or PS4 gen instead of just PS4,. Its about the gen, not a specific console. Thread is about the jump from PS4 Pro/X1X, not base PS4.

Last edited:

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
You're not making sense because that doesn't change anything.
Then I will be more specific.

"But which game of X1X (last gen, 4k) while "looking better" than PS3 games runs at 1/4 of the resolution of PS3 gen (1080p) games?

Last edited:

onQ123

Then I will be more specific.

"But which game of PS4 gen (4k) while "looking better" than PS3 gen games runs at 1/4 of the resolution of PS3 gen (1080p) games?

You still don't understand that what you're saying doesn't change anything?

Vanguard is a PS4 game & it's 960x540 internally which is 1/4 of 1080p

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
You still don't understand that what you're saying doesn't change anything?

Vanguard is a PS4 game & it's 960x540 internally which is 1/4 of 1080p
And not a single fuck should be given about the base PS4 version of Vanguard, because the discussion is the jump from PS4 Pro and X1X. When I said PS4 I was not referring to the base PS4 console specific, but the gen. Same reason I mentioned the X1X version of RDR2, not the base PS4 of X1S versions...

Last edited:

onQ123

And not a single fuck should be given about the base PS4 version of Vanguard, because the discussion is the jump from PS4 Pro and X1X. When I said PS4 it was not referring to the base PS4 console specific, but the gen.
Kill it buddy you was talking stupid & when proved wrong you failed over & over again to change it around just let it go.

Top Bottom