• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So how is Death Jr.?

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
I expected more, "gee this game is so much better than the reviews!!1!" GAF type posts. Crap? Upgrades your firmware? What's the story? I know some people bought it.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
the game runs on 1.50, so no need to update unless you're running on a 1.00

here's ponn01's impressions from the death jr gamespot review thread

Ponn01 said:
So I picked it up and played a couple of the first levels. It feels a lot like a Ratchet and Clank or Jak and Daxter game. If your playstyle is run and gun and get into the melee you might have some fun but you will die quick so you really have to use a combination of far attacks with the guns and switching to melee. The controls are pretty responsive and the platforming elements aren't as bad as some are making it out too be. Especially when you realize how forgiving they can be. I spent 10minutes trying to master the hook swing thing to get across a gap when I suddenly realized I didn't have to swing from each hook to each hook and could just jump past some.

It very much has that Tim Burton feel to it with some dark humor (Oh, dead guppy looks so lifeless). The art style is pretty nice to me and the in game graphics aren't too bad. In other words sure it could use some polishing and fixing some collision detection here and there but it is still a 1st gen PSP game so I can forgive it, for now. The story is keeping pretty tight now, you are introduced to the characters, you see how there characters are then you are off to save the day in a hub type world. So far i'm not really seeing the big problem others had with the story. This is a portable game after all and i'm not really expecting RPG epic storylines here or character development. I am getting plenty of action, some pretty cool level enviornments and just a pick up and play fun time. My biggest complaint would have to be the camera. I have always complained about the camera in all of these type of games though so as long as you weren't expecting this game to finally fix that problem then you won't be that dissappointed.

Overall it's a fun little game IMHO, I wouldn't say it's a 9.0 like Play gave it but nor would I say its the 5.0 or whatever EGM gave it. I would say the 7.5 score is about right though.

Top Bottom