• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So... How many Game Boys do you have in your household?

AniHawk

And when did you get them?

Me:

Game Boy Brick (Grey): December 25, 1993
Game Boy Color (Teal): October 3, 1999
Game Boy Advance (Arctic): October 3, 2001
Game Boy Player (Jet Black): Whenever it came out in 2003
Game Boy Advance SP (Classic NES Edition): June 6, 2004

My sister:

Game Boy Brick (Clear): Mid-1995
Game Boy Color (Pokemon Gold Edition): Early-2000
Game Boy Advance (Arctic): June, 2001
Game Boy Advance SP (Classic NES Edition): June 7, 2004

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Let's see.

Gameboy
Gameboy Color
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance SP

Not sure about the exact dates. Regular Gameboy was bought around U.S. launch date, Gameboy Color is actually my sister's and purchased a while after its launch. GBA was imported by my bro a month after the Japanese date, and I got the GBA SP at U.S. launch

Gattsu25

Banned
GameBoy Brick - Grey
GameBoy Brick - Clear
GameBoy Advance - Clear-Purplishwhateverthefuckrandomandidioticnamenintendochooseforit
GameBoy Advance SP - Grey
GameBoy Advance SP - Grey

Edit: also had a GBC though i can't remember anything about it as it was STOLENED shortly after i purchased it

Grubdog

Banned
2 Gameboy Colours
1 Gameboy Pocket
2 Gameboy Advances
2 Gameboy Advance SPs
1 Gameboy Player

I have 8 Gameboys.

Justin Bailey

------ ------
I've had a platinum SP for over a year and I just bought a retro SP. I couldn't help myself.

Oh well, my girlfriend and I play Crystal Chronicles and I have several multi-boot GBA games, so at least there's some practical use for having two SP's :p Plus, I heard Four Swords multi-player was excellent.

Agent X

I've got a Game Boy Advance (arctic), a Game Boy Advance SP (platinum), and a Super Game Boy adaptor for Super NES.

1 Gameboy (Grey)
1 Gameboy (Black)
1 Gameboy Pocket (Ice Blue)
2 Gameboy Color (Atomic Purple, Berry)
2 Gameboy Advance (Milky Blue, Fushcia)
2 Gameboy Advance SP (Cobalt, Flame)

I don't think there are any others, but I'm still looking for a GBL to buy, and may buy the NES GBASP.

BuG

GameBoy Brick (Grey): Long-arse time ago, now belongs to my little sister.
GameBoy Colour (Pokemon, blue and yellow): Few years ago, my dog bit the screen and now it has a permanent mark on it which looks like when you press the screen down.
GameBoy Advance x2 (Arctic and Glacier): Couple of years ago, one is my younger brother's.

impirius

1 Pocket (silver, sleek!)
1 Color
1 GBA

That's three, and it's all I can do to keep it that way. The NES SP is taunting me.

Yossarian

2 Gameboy Bricks
3 Gameboy colors (yellow, blue, red and purple)
4 Gameboy Advance (glacier, pink, blue and white)
2 Gameboy Advance SP (platnium and NES)

1 original launch Gameboy stolen at camp in '93, replaced with another in '94 (both mine).
3 Gameboy Colors given to little sisters at Christmas upon release of Pokemon Blue/Red.
1 launch GBA for me, 3 that Christmas for my little sisters.
Glacier GBA traded in for GBA SP at launch, later traded in under warranty for an NES SP.

mj1108

I have:

the original Gameboy
2 Gameboy Pocket (Black and Yellow)
2 Gameboy Color (Indigo/Blue and Green)
4 Gameboy Advance (1 import Glacier, 2 import Black and 1 US Indigo)
1 GBASP (imported/Platinum) (soon to be 2 with the NESSP)
1 Gameboy Player

11 total....soon 12.

Damn you, Nintendo.

Alcibiades

I know we've owned the original gray ones (bricks I guess), and I've owned a GBColor and I think my brother had one, but it's much easier to just state the GBA cycle...

Brother
2 GBAs

Me
1 GBA (fuschia)
1 SP (red)
coming soon -SP NES-edition :)

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
between me and GF

2 x original GBA
2 x Afterburned GBA
2 X GBA SPs
2 X GBA NES SPs
2 X GBA Players
2 X GB Colors
1 x GB Lite

Not sure what the GF has interms of regular GBs to be honest.

Xizk

I've got a regular GBA and a GBAsp

I bought the regular a bit after the european launch and the GBAsp I got last November.

Dyne

One original Gameboy
Two Gameboy Colours (Berry + Aqua)
Two Gameboy Advances (Indigo and Glacier)
Two Gameboy Advance SPs (Flame and Onyx)
One Gameboy Player

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Though I was gaming long before the GB came to be I was always to poor to afford a GB. Thus the advance was my first unit.

My grandmother and I have four GBAs (2 sp) between us now :blush:

I finally bought an original GB a few weeks ago at a garage sale for like $10. It doesn't work though :( but I did get yoshis cookie, Kirby1 and Mario land 2 along with a retro GB carry case so I wasn't too bumbed.

does nintendo still offer repairs on old hardware or should I mod it into some kind of cool TV remote or something. haha

Oh and rock DCharlie arrives! I am still waiting for Cyan and a few other people though.

stonedwal

Currently three:

My younger sister's black brick GB, purchased in 1996, complete with broken front screen, because the useless wench can't take good care of anything.

Indigo GBC, bought Christmas '98, was mine, but I gave it to my youngest sister upon the arrival of the..

Platinum GBA SP, bought at launch.

Also had an original grey brick GB purchased in '92, but my brother and I made the decision to sell that in '95

Game Boy (grey)
Game Boy pocket (silver)
Game Boy Color (grape)
Game Boy Advance (platinum)
Game Boy Advance SP (Retro NES)

All of them bought on release date, except for the original Game Boy, which was bought in June 1990.

I originally had an Arctic GBA and a Platinum GBA SP, which I traded in for the Platinum and Retro editions.

Black and White Game Boys: two or three
GB Pocket Skeleton Clear Famitsu Spesharu Edishon: one
GB Color: one
GBA: one
SP: one

Just two, but I've had a total of 5.

Game Boy Color - Atomic Purple, sold to buy GBA
Japanese GBA - Milky Blue from the launch, sold to buy an SP
GBA SP - Cobalt, sold to buy a limited edtion GBA SP
GBA SP - Lime Green from Target this past Christmas, still have it
Game Boy Advance - Custom designed by Kelly Slater (pro surfer). Won it in a contest from Stuff Magazine.

Game Boy Player too - Indigo, import.

Mumbles

1 Gameboy (I need to replace the battery door for this one)
1 Gameboy Pocket (silver)
1 Gameboy color (purple)
1 Gameboy Advanced (purple)
1 Gameboy advanced SP (blue)
1 Super Gameboy (grey)

2 Game Boy (1 belonged to nephew in years past)
1 Game Boy Advance (Arctic)
1 Game Boy Advance SP (Cobalt)
1 Game Boy Player
1 Super Game Boy

I also owned a game boy carrying case shaped just like a gigantic classic Game Boy (it may still exist in a box somewhere) and I'm fighting the temptation of buying an NES model Game Boy.

Swordian

1 Gameboy
1 Gameboy Pocket (Ice Blue)
1 Gameboy Color (Teal)
1 Gameboy Advance (Arctic)
1 Gameboy Player (Black)
1 Gameboy Advance SP (NES)

2 reg GBs, one is mine, the other my brother's.
GB Pocket (silver), spiffy looking but a wasteful purchase on my part as I bought it compulsively and had little use for my regular GB at the time.
GBA (arctic), which I regret having given my very limited GBA library through it's period of use.
GBA SP (gold), which is very nice. Nothing like taking a dump and clearing a couple of stages of Mario World in the process.

Top Bottom