• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So I lit all the blue torches in Hateno Village in BOTW…

GymWolf

Bosses and dungeons are just stuff they added to create variety, the true essence of Zelda from the beginning was always about exploration. The first game was all about going where you want and figuring things out, which is the very core of BOTW. The developers ever talked about this in detail how they went back to the true nature of Zelda.
This kinda sound like an excuse when the sequel is probably gonna fix these flaws...then what is gonna be the excuse for the first one?

I heard countless of die hard zelda fanboy loving the game but calling it a bad zelda game.

Last edited:

Shut0wen

Loved the game, only issue i ever had with the game was the dungeons (breakable weapons isnt even that bad of an issue if you keep picking up weaponss) but yes definitely dont watch vids or anything snd remove the hud from the options as well and just go wild

Bragr

Banned
This kinda sound like an excuse when the sequel is probably gonna fix these flaws...then what is gonna be the excuse for the first one?

I heard countless of die hard zelda fanboy loving the game but calling it a bad zelda game.
That's because they are not real Zelda fans. They are like COD fans who only played Warzone, forget about them.

What do you mean by excuse? I have no idea what you are talking about. The sequel gonna fix what flaws?

the game is amazing, can't really relate to the complaints in this thread

open world feels right at home with a Zelda title. I love it but then again I love open world games.

breakable weapons is great. actually makes you strategize what weapons to use and when, and makes finding a new decent weapon always exciting. much better then unlocking 1-2 S tier weapons only to use them for the rest of your play through.

as for the torches, it does appear it was part of the Hateno lab thing I just did it out of order so didn't realize it

Bragr

Banned
3fJV98k.gif

013.gif

tumblr_pe1jsiC7Pt1u1ry24o1_500.gifv

Shut0wen

Same die hards that hated skyward sword until BOTW came out, next 5 years we will hear them hatong on BOTW 2 while loving BOT, honestly i wouldn't listen to those freaks

GymWolf

That's because they are not real Zelda fans. They are like COD fans who only played Warzone, forget about them.

What do you mean by excuse? I have no idea what you are talking about. The sequel gonna fix what flaws?
Mediocre main dungeons, having all the gadgets after the first 2 hours, shitty bosses, enemy variety, unrewarding exploration etc.

You can excuse some of these things, but not all of them, and they are gonna be fixed in the sequel, at least boss\dungeons\enemy variety most probably.

Last edited:

Raven117

Gold Member
I'm looking forward to BotW2....Hoping that fixes some of the issues I had with BotW.

It just never quite grabbed me. (Weapon Durability and absolutely nothing out there worth finding).

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
GymWolf GymWolf I think you might have caused an autist to have a slight mental break down with your opinion, at least based on the reactions your posts are getting. What a mental midget lol

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
Lighting the torches was one of the best experiences I had in the game. It was raining off and on and lots of enemies. Just a super fun experience, I'll never forget it too cause I was baked and walking on a treadmill while playing, lmao. SHIT WAS INTENSE!

daveonezero

Banned
The rewards for doing stuff sucks
But the reward for playing it is unmatched.

the problem with BOTW is it isn’t like a normal video game and you have to forget or drop all preconceived notions of that a game is.

it isn’t incentivizing you through new items or abilities.

it is giving you everything and the jncenvitce is the gameplay.

these aren’t flaws it was designed differently than almost every game in existence.

GymWolf

GymWolf GymWolf I think you might have caused an autist to have a slight mental break down with your opinion, at least based on the reactions your posts are getting. What a mental midget lol
I hope he's allright, maybe he can start counting the korok seeds to see if it helps with his sleep time, i know that i was bored to death after finding the 50th one...

Last edited:
Top Bottom