• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So in Cyberpunk's 2.0 update, you can't buy crafting components anymore?

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I've been playing it for a little while now and Phantom Liberty and I haven't even touched on crafting yet since I restarted. I was going to upgrade all my legendary weapons and I realized no vendors sell them anymore. Was reading up on it and apparently they just moved it from the game? Now to upgrade all my weapons it's going to take countless hours of grinding. Apparently disassembling weapons is the best way. So I thought cool, I'll do that to some of my best weapons I don't use to get a couple hundred legendary components per weapon... nope. You get a measly 5 components per weapon.

I can't think of a reason to change it unless they just want people grinding away at their game for hours on end. Which to me, I don't get why they'd care for a single player game. If it was online I'd get it. But what the fuck do they care if offline single player gamers were able to find convenient ways to amass large amounts of money or components?

Anyone here who plays Cyberpunk have an issue with this? Or better yet, found a good way to get a bunch of components without grinding away for hours?

As someone who did crafting in 1.6, I hate 2.0. I just don't care for the changes. It also butchered netrunner too which was my chill build. The game just isn't fun to play for me which is a shame because they've made a ton of tech improvements to the game with path tracing and ray reconstruction.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
I've been playing it for a little while now and Phantom Liberty and I haven't even touched on crafting yet since I restarted. I was going to upgrade all my legendary weapons and I realized no vendors sell them anymore. Was reading up on it and apparently they just moved it from the game? Now to upgrade all my weapons it's going to take countless hours of grinding. Apparently disassembling weapons is the best way. So I thought cool, I'll do that to some of my best weapons I don't use to get a couple hundred legendary components per weapon... nope. You get a measly 5 components per weapon.

I can't think of a reason to change it unless they just want people grinding away at their game for hours on end. Which to me, I don't get why they'd care for a single player game. If it was online I'd get it. But what the fuck do they care if offline single player gamers were able to find convenient ways to amass large amounts of money or components?

Anyone here who plays Cyberpunk have an issue with this? Or better yet, found a good way to get a bunch of components without grinding away for hours?

That sucks hard, but I get it.. it's to get you to play more/work more for the power increases. If I went back to my current game... my apartment is storing part of the entire U.S Military stock, I can break that down and probably be good for a nice chunk of the game.... maybe..

Garibaldi

The amount of weapons you get just playing the game...surely you don't have component quantity issues from breaking those and all the clothing down (which are most useless now as they are instantly added to your wardrobe)?

I've got over 7m Eddies, top tier cyberware (which is expanded above the vanilla due to a mod), all the houses, a load of vehicles, about 5 fully kitted out weapons and a full cyberdeck of quick hacks.

I don't see how you can not have enough components that you would need to buy them. They are like candy on every corner.

The levelling is so fast now too, you get access to the higher tier stuff so fast.

Dr.D00p

Gold Member
Wait, you mean I'm the only one who used a cheat client to max out every ability before playing through the campaign?

..damn.

cormack12

Gold Member
Is it easier to get Eddie's? I remember just having about 12 cars I could buy and never really going above a few hundred thousand despite doing main missions, cyber psychos and some fixer missions

Is it easier to get Eddie's? I remember just having about 12 cars I could buy and never really going above a few hundred thousand despite doing main missions, cyber psychos and some fixer missions
The new car chases net you like 10k eddies a pop.

The best way to get high tier crafting components is to go into the DLC.

deafmedal

on my current run i disassemble every weapon type i’m not using and all clothes, since the game throws so much loot at you it’s not really an issue. all my favorite guns are 5++, almost all of my cyberware is 5++ and i have even upgraded duplicate cyberware to change the bonus stat rolls for cyberware i want to upgrade. air drops, access points, chests and dead gonks also all give components. loot all the things!

FUBARx89

They upped the eddies you gan from what I remember, so just buy yellow and purple clothes and dismantle, pass time to reset vendor and repeat.

By the time I go to end of PL and some of the side stuff done (mainly quests) on new character after 2.0 I was summing in upgrade materials without doing that. Everything was 5+ tier and lvl 53 I think.

King Dazzar

I generally like the game far more since 2.0. But I'm forever chasing my perfect gun that frustratingly doesn't seem to exist. I wish there was more customisation for many of the weapons, in terms of attachments and mods which initially isnt something I thought I'd be saying. And that's with me with TIER 5+ weapons and a level 40+ character.

But in terms of cyberware and quick hacks etc, I'm all good with what the game offers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom