• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So is the dualsense supposed to work for remote play on Android with ps5?

jm89

Am I doing something wrong? I connect my dualsense to my phone using Bluetooth then open up remote play and still can't control the ps5. There is a controller symbol in the app, if I click it all it does is take me to Bluetooth settings.

Shifty1897

I don't remember if I ever got it working or not on my Pixel. I want to say I did, but I think there was some weirdness where attempting to charge the controller while connected to my phone would disconnect it from Bluetooth. If I can get away from work for a few minutes I'll try it and report back.

Beechos

I use remote play occsionally and works for me with a dualsense. I acutally have a dedicate dualsense just for the app so that i dont have to re-pair it back and forth.

Shifty1897

Just tested, had to sync it to my phone by holding the PS button and the share button down for five seconds to put it in sync mode, then opening Bluetooth on phone and adding it. It showed up as just "wireless controller" in the list of devices. Once I did that I was able to fire up the PS Remote Play App, it turned my PS5 on and connected to it, and the controller worked like a charm. Maybe check the device in your Bluetooth settings and make sure it's enabled as an input device?
elUna40.png

jm89

Just tested, had to sync it to my phone by holding the PS button and the share button down for five seconds to put it in sync mode, then opening Bluetooth on phone and adding it. It showed up as just "wireless controller" in the list of devices. Once I did that I was able to fire up the PS Remote Play App, it turned my PS5 on and connected to it, and the controller worked like a charm. Maybe check the device in your Bluetooth settings and make sure it's enabled as an input device?
elUna40.png
Dude nice one this worked for me. Thanks.

The mistake i was making was i was turning the ps5 on and logging into my account using the dualsense first and then connecting the dualsense to my phone to use remote play. I must have missed a memo from sony on how do it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom