• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So is Thief III REALLY that easy? Gamebreaking bug says yes.

Brannon

Haven't done much following up on it, but apparently if you set your game to Expert, then die and reload or save and reload, the game will revert back to Normal or Easy. This is one FUBAR of an experience if true, especially for a game of the Thief series, so I'm going to d/l the Thief III demo and check it out.

EDIT; Apparently it also affects the XBox version. Well damn. Anyway, here's more info...

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84368&page=1&pp=25

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
That does explain a lot of weird AI glitches I have noticed in my game. Been playing on Expert myself, but sometimes it can feel very misleading. Though a lot of the problem doesn't lie in the overall perceptiveness of the guard patrols, but the ease in which a player can blackjack/Broadhead arrow every potential threat with minimal sneaking effort.

Nevertheless the levels rocked. Overlook Mansion and Shalebridge Cradle alone made it worth playing.

I also thought Overlook was the best mission in the game . The atmosphere and the music and pacing were great . Also the dilema of should you steal or not was great as well .

The first part of the Cradle was fantastic, I had a hard time opening a certain door, I don't wanna spoil it but, ya'll know what I mean :) . The Inner Cradle however wasn't nearly as good . The fetch quest I thought really killed the atmosphere -- towards the end I was wishing the level would end soon . The way you have to complete the mission though was nice however .

I also liked the Hammerite Factory, nice design there .

Top Bottom