• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So Ti West has an A24 film coming out...

I don't usually watch trailers but I like Ti West and I love love love A24 so I couldn't resist. Never would have imagined A24 would be releasing a Ti West film so my curiosity got the best of me.

I know Ti West doesn't get a lot of love but The House of the Devil and The Innkeepers were really great. I also liked The Sacrament, although it wasn't on the same level.

edit: 96% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Last edited:

Laieon

Lol, I'm the opposite of you. A24 is usually a miss for me, but I loved House of the Devil and sleezy horror movies, so I'm down for this.

Last edited:

teezzy

Banned
Loved Ti's work since The Roost

Only mumblecore brat who was worth a damn tbh

House of the Devil and Innkeepers were masterful

Even that western he made was p chill

I’ve liked everything Ti West has made. His segment in that VHS movie was the only good one too. I live in Connecticut and have been to many of the places he shot in - the Yankee Pedlar in Torrington (Innkeepers) and that house from THOTD in Lakeville. It was amusing to see that house listed on Redfin recently, with no mention of its demonic legacy.

Definitely one of the most underrated filmmakers out there.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
God damn that looks great. Thanks for the share.

has anyone had a chance to watch this yet? was hoping to watch it this past weekend but something came up

reviews are great, 96% on Rotten Tomatoes

WoodyStare

It’s a fun movie for the most part. Well made and funny at times, but the third act was kinda disappointing for me. Brittany Snow is the best thing about it and I love the scene when she’s singing Fleetwood Mac.

Doom85

has anyone had a chance to watch this yet? was hoping to watch it this past weekend but something came up

reviews are great, 96% on Rotten Tomatoes

Saw it this weekend, loved it. Directing, acting, writing, cinematography, all on point though I’ve yet to see an A24 movie that didn’t deliver. Really need to check out their non-horror movies as well.

Also, be sure to stay after the credits.

teezzy

Banned
It’s a fun movie for the most part. Well made and funny at times, but the third act was kinda disappointing for me. Brittany Snow is the best thing about it and I love the scene when she’s singing Fleetwood Mac.

Ti West has always struggled with third acts

It's a weak spot for him.

Saw it this weekend, loved it. Directing, acting, writing, cinematography, all on point though I’ve yet to see an A24 movie that didn’t deliver. Really need to check out their non-horror movies as well.

Also, be sure to stay after the credits.
Plan on taking the wife this weekend. She has no idea what it’s about. She’s going to be pissed.

Edit: and yes, as someone whose seen 95% of A24s film, I can safely say you’re missing out on some amazing shit. They have some incredible non horror flicks

Last edited:
This movie is fucking weird. It reminded me a lot of Mandy in that it's VERY well made, but is ultimately style over substance. Not saying it's bad, but it just didn't resonate with me. Probably because I was distracted by the bad old age makeup. I kept thinking of Spike Jonze in the Jackass movies lol
Jackass-Number-2-Gloria-e1497478290978.jpg

Edit: I talked about it with some friends and we came to the conclusion that I was expecting something more heady like other A24 horror films (which are generally psychological horror), whereas X is basically just a modern slasher, which I can appreciate... but I expected something smarter.

Last edited:

Ryuji Goda

Just saw it. I really liked it. It was also pretty disturbing; especially

when churchmouse's hand gets messed up with a hammer

Top Bottom