• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, what exclusive game would appear on this xbox showcase this june?

kingfey

Banned
Starfield delay hurts me the most right now. I have been excited for that game alot, just for my hope to get crushed today.
Add Redfall, and that is 2 big exclusives gone from Xbox 2022.
With no game this 1st half year, Xbox is really in bad spot.
What other games would save their year? Most of their studios are either released their games, delayed it, or in the process of working on their games.

There are few studios, which haven't released a game so far. Machine games, compulsion games, turn 10 comes to mind. Would we see their games on this showcase?

kingfey

Banned
Honestly, I would have bought XSX if starfield was coming this year. All it did for me, was delay my choice for 2023.

Right now, my Xbox one is enough for me. Unless they bring interesting game this year.

Dr.Morris79

Honestly, I would have bought XSX if starfield was coming this year. All it did for me, was delay my choice for 2023.

Right now, my Xbox one is enough for me. Unless they bring interesting game this year.
Honestly, get an X. Almost every game, new or old, plays a hell of a lot smoother. I tried my old One X the other day, damn near horrific.

kingfey

Banned
Honestly, get an X. Almost every game, new or old, plays a hell of a lot smoother. I tried my old One X the other day, damn near horrific.
Ssd is what keeps me away from my Xbox one. After playing on my ps5, I dont want to go back to those old slow loading times.

Only reason why I don't have it is that xsx console is hard to get it here. Only xss is available. Xss doesnt meet my needs to have tons of games installed.

Possibly a Wolfenstein 3 from MachineGames and a Doom 3 or Quake Reboot from id Software. There's also the Contraband game from Avalanche Studios which we haven't had any news from in nearly a year.

Kssio_Aug

At a minimum I expect to see Starfield, Perfect Dark, Forza 8, Fable, Avowed nd Indiana Jones

SomberAccurateAmazondolphin-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

Plantoid

I expect only Forza 8 and deathloop for this year

They need to surprise drop a cod gamepass or something like that if they have no other games for the rest of the year

This year was supposed to be a great with redfall, starfield, Elden ring, stalker 2... I will cancel my sub after I finish playing hollow knight and trek to yomi

yurinka

I don't know if they will have any 1st party game for 2022, I don't know if they may have some unannounced game for 2022.

I assume -or at least, it's why what I'd do- they'll focus the show on games that will be day one on GP during the next year, mostly 3rd party multiplatform games, indies and as big protagonists Stalker 2 and the 2023 games Startfield, Redfall and (even if I think will be delayed to H2) Forza Motorsport, a big Halo Infinite update and State of Decay 3.

Then at the end they'll have a small section for games that will come later (meaning 2024 and later games) with a short Hellblade 2 gameplay, an Indiana Jones teaser showing Harrison's Ford face, and will show the vertical slice of Perfect Dark and a cg logo teaser of a GaaS '10 years platform' reboot of Gears/Doom/Quake (not all 3, only one of them).

Last edited:

Kssio_Aug

I don't think it's far fetched, which games do you think wont be there? I can see maybe Avowed not being there
I don't think Perfect Dark and Fable will be there. I hope to see Avowed, but I'm not so sure either. Indiana Jones, to be fair, I have no clue... maybe they finally show something about it. But more than that, I think it's extremely unlikely they will show all of this in a single event, even if they could they would probably just segregate the reveal of gameplay or tease trailer of these games for different opportunities.

I think it's more likely that we will see Starfield, Forza and, again, Hellblade 2. With luck, we get something else, and if we do, I'd bet just a teaser.

kingfey

Banned
I expect Phil to show up and talk... that is how my low expectations are.
Phil isn't the only problem here.
MS invested on xbox pretty much late. Which is why we have this shit show.

Sony built their studio to focus on their winning formula. With ps3 shit storm, they managed to find that formula, which gave ps4 a big boost.

MS just sat down with x360, not dropping any money for studio acquisition or building new studios.

By that time Phil had a say in power, Xbox was in a big mess.

Dude has some blame on this matter. But most of them stems from MS. They should have backed xbox, like Sony did with SIE.

At this point fuck it. If they keep making the same mistake, then they shouldn't be in this industry at all.

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
They'll have exactly the same games that they were going to have at the showcase. I was looking forward to REDFALL and STARFIELD, however having not seen anything remotely resembling gameplay from either, a six month wait don't mean much if you ask me. The wait for CP77 was brutal because we were being shown the game, it was exactly what we wanted and we still knew it was years away.

Arcadialane

Some of the bigger games from their list of first parties which 'should' be upcoming

Starfield
Compulsion Games (we happy few) new IP
Indiana Jones
Hellblade 2
Obsidian's Avowed
Fable
Next Gears
Perfect Dark Remake
State of Decay 3

Last edited:

Zeroing

Banned
Phil isn't the only problem here.
MS invested on xbox pretty much late. Which is why we have this shit show.

Sony built their studio to focus on their winning formula. With ps3 shit storm, they managed to find that formula, which have ps4 a big boost.

MS just sat down with x360, not dropping any money for studio acquisition or building new studios.

By that time Phil had a say in power, Xbox was in a big mess.

Dude has some blame on this matter. But most of them stems from MS. They should have backed xbox, like Sony did with SIE.

At this point fuck it. If they keep making the same mistake, then they shouldn't be in this industry at all.
I did not said Phil was the only problem but yeah. He talks to much and most of us over praise him when he gets things right and overlook when he fails at stuff...

Problems: what you just said plus the same pattern MS makes "please be excited for the future" and they never deliver, they either overhype it or just aim really low/bare minimum to please their fanbase.

The marketing tactic they chosen for Starfield backfired. I know it was aimed to make people go and buy Xbox's but one can not keep investing on a platform waiting for stuff that never happens. One cannot game on dreams and hopes.

You know what makes me really have low expectations ? MS never had this many studios or projects, it is understandable, problems can come up but they have 20 plus years on the gaming industry... and we need to stop acting like they are new to this industry. We should demand better. Sony and Nintendo always have this sword swinging above them where too many mistakes can damage the brand... MS seems to not care or maybe think it is immune to it.

Dramatic take: Sega "died" for much less mistakes.

kingfey

Banned
I did not said Phil was the only problem but yeah. He talks to much and most of us over praise him when he gets things right and overlook when he fails at stuff...

Problems: what you just said plus the same pattern MS makes "please be excited for the future" and they never deliver, they either overhype it or just aim really low/bare minimum to please their fanbase.

The marketing tactic they chosen for Starfield backfired. I know it was aimed to make people go and buy Xbox's but one can not keep investing on a platform waiting for stuff that never happens. One cannot game on dreams and hopes.

You know what makes me really have low expectations ? MS never had this many studios or projects, it is understandable, problems can come up but they have 20 plus years on the gaming industry... and we need to stop acting like they are new to this industry. We should demand better. Sony and Nintendo always have this sword swinging above them where too many mistakes can damage the brand... MS seems to not care or maybe think it is immune to it.

Dramatic take: Sega "died" for much less mistakes.
Being trillion dollar company does that to you.
MS were never in position of proving yourself to be successful.
Xbox was just their lapdog.
Satya and Phil are what keeps xbox alive. Without them, xbox would be the new EA.

e0n

Scorn will probably appear and still release this year. Also, Warhammer Darktide.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Well the rumor is almost al the studios have submitted something. Doesn't necessarily mean it's gameplay in all instances but I think they can at least show a vertical slice of Starfield. I don't think Perfect Dark is ready to show. Too Early. State of Decay 3 might show some gameplay. I kinda hope they make the game less cartoony, more visceral and scary. I think Avowed needs to be there. They've had 2 years to give us something. We'll see more Hellblade II I think. Project Mara could be on the table. I'd like to see at least a rendered trailer from whatever The Coalition is working on and I also hope it's not Gears. Forza MS 8 should be there as well.

I wanna see unannounced titles. Also wanna see some unannounced features coming to game pass. I feel like Xbox needs a new UI as well. That seems like a longshot but fingers crossed.

Jaybe

I’m not sure on exclusive games, but I sure as hell hope Phil is out there with a blank check trying to secure a game pass Day 1 big third party release that he can announce at the show for the summer or holiday season…. No clue what that could even be but perhaps there is a surprise out there.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
The announced games are still years out. You want them to announce what is after those? They might as well as reveal the next generation Xbox as well.
Absolutely. These shows are not only about the near future. If almost every studio has submitted something, then that means there is bound to be a few unannounced titles. Even if there are smaller titles, there are some studios who have not queued up yet. What's Double Fine doing? What's Compulsion doing? Alpha Dog? Roundhouse? id? The Coalition? World's Edge? There's definitely room for unannounced games.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Starfield and Redfall should both be at the show anyway, so we'll see those there.

I guess we might see that long rumored Gears anniversary remaster collection.

Lupin25

As long as there’s gameplay revealed… that’s the only thing that would matter to me if I was an Xbox-only fan in light of the recent news.

Starfield, Redfall, FM8, Hellblade 2 & Scorn should have something worthwhile to show, even a vertical slice.

I don't think Perfect Dark and Fable will be there. I hope to see Avowed, but I'm not so sure either. Indiana Jones, to be fair, I have no clue... maybe they finally show something about it. But more than that, I think it's extremely unlikely they will show all of this in a single event, even if they could they would probably just segregate the reveal of gameplay or tease trailer of these games for different opportunities.

I think it's more likely that we will see Starfield, Forza and, again, Hellblade 2. With luck, we get something else, and if we do, I'd bet just a teaser.
Confident Fable will be there in some capacity along with Awoved. Outer Worlds 2 most likely not, Perfect Dark doubt it.

Last edited:
Nobody talking about this but here is 1 that might show up and maybe even come out this year

I know a 3D environment artist who is working on that title right now. Obviously his under NDA so I am not gonna bug him for info. He previously worked at DICE on Battlefield V and SW Battlefront 2.

I met him in a 3D Artist Discord that is ran by one of the artists from Ubisoft Massive. Very awesome Discord with a lot of folks from the Industry. I have a 3D degree so I been getting back into it for fun and I love game development.

Here is his profile -

But yeah me and Avalanche guy talk daily on Discord. Love making connections and talking about topics that are both of our interest. Very fun to hear what the industry people have to say in regards to new technologies such as Unreal Engine 5 and current industry 3D tools such Maya, 3ds Max and zBrush.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

They seem to think STALKER 2 is still possible this year, I very much doubt it but that's what they are saying.

STALKER 2 is one game where I will never fault the developer for delaying another year or two.

They have much more strenuous real world shit going on than worrying about bug or polish.

I know a 3D environment artist who is working on that title right now. Obviously his under NDA so I am not gonna bug him for info. He previously worked at DICE on Battlefield V and SW Battlefront 2.

I met him in a 3D Artist Discord that is ran by one of the artists from Ubisoft Massive. Very awesome Discord with a lot of folks from the Industry. I have a 3D degree so I been getting back into it for fun and I love game development.

But yeah me and Avalanche guy talk daily on Discord. Love making connections and talking about topics that are both of our interest. Very fun to hear what the industry people have to say in regards to new technologies such as Unreal Engine 5 and current industry 3D tools such Maya, 3ds Max and zBrush.
Interesting Info so im guessing you know something bout Contraband?
Just tell me this is it more Just Cause or Mad Max style type of game?

Last edited:

Corndog

Banned
Ssd is what keeps me away from my Xbox one. After playing on my ps5, I dont want to go back to those old slow loading times.

Only reason why I don't have it is that xsx console is hard to get it here. Only xss is available. Xss doesnt meet my needs to have tons of games installed.
I added a nvme drive to one x. Made a big difference in some games.

Top Bottom