• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So what's next for Resident Evil remakes?

gamer82

it was dumb to start with 2 just do number one already my ocd thanks you :messenger_tears_of_joy:

yes there was a remake/ hd remaster before but not in modern graphics those flat textures are horrible lol so yes do the first one and expand upon it if need be to make it a longer experince i haven't played all of the first one as i sucked at tank controlls so im not sure what happends but maybe they could fuse 2 games into one to make it longer either zero or veronica , again never played either of them.

EDMIX

In other words, nothing new in the vein of the vibes of the original three titles. Just remakes of the original three or totally random, practically spinoff bollocks.

In other words, you are just triggered man.

I don't know what to tell you.

You go from asking for new entries, to getting mad at the new entries mentioned. Maybe RE isn't for you anymore bud. The remakes existing don't have anything to do with the issue you have....

No one compares REmake with RE2. They aren't in the same fashion at all

They are generations apart, they can't be compared in that respect, but they are still both remakes. The degree of change is irrelevant...they are still BOTH REMAKES! So this idea that they NEED many generations is false, the very first remake they did that even wrote the book on this shit was after 1 generation.

I see no reason to not remake 5 & 6, since they are both great.

oh you'll still see it happen, merely not now based on timing and their focus on the horror concepts, the fact that RE4 is even being made with a deeper horror aspect might show they want to focus on that a bit. I feel it merely won't happen this gen based on timing, but if the generation goes on longer based on maybe Sony and MS wanting a deeper return based on that covid delay or something, you very well might see RE4 remake, RE1 remake and RE5 and RE6 remake etc.

I love CV and want that one to get the treatment, but I need you to consider that a reason exist to still remake 5 and 6, its the same reason 4 is being remade before CV...$$$. Thats it. They are popular RE titles regardless and many of us might want attention focused on CV or Zero or even a remake of Gaiden (good ass title lol) simply because they are lessor known, but that ironically would be the reason why Capcom would remake 5 and 6 instead of them, its why they are doing 4...

So I get why its happening, I want CV to happen as a remake, but I wouldn't be shocked if 5 and 6 got remade. Nothing as of yet is really saying 100% "no" or "no reason". The generation they got released on PS3....that is literally being targeted for remakes, The Last Of Us , Dead Space, Demon Souls. So I agree with you as a gamer as I love CV, but I disagree with you as a businessman lol.

We need to factor that the race for the next remake likely really is between CV and RE5. I hope we get all, but I feel inevitably we will anyway lol

new game, please.

super bonus points if it's like the re1 remaster. still looks so good.
ss_d75906451d3a57bb8fc65fdea7ce09fbf1d3b726.jpg

In other words, you are just triggered man.

I don't know what to tell you.

You go from asking for new entries, to getting mad at the new entries mentioned. Maybe RE isn't for you anymore bud. The remakes existing don't have anything to do with the issue you have....

They are generations apart, they can't be compared in that respect, but they are still both remakes. The degree of change is irrelevant...they are still BOTH REMAKES! So this idea that they NEED many generations is false, the very first remake they did that even wrote the book on this shit was after 1 generation.

oh you'll still see it happen, merely not now based on timing and their focus on the horror concepts, the fact that RE4 is even being made with a deeper horror aspect might show they want to focus on that a bit. I feel it merely won't happen this gen based on timing, but if the generation goes on longer based on maybe Sony and MS wanting a deeper return based on that covid delay or something, you very well might see RE4 remake, RE1 remake and RE5 and RE6 remake etc.

I love CV and want that one to get the treatment, but I need you to consider that a reason exist to still remake 5 and 6, its the same reason 4 is being remade before CV...$$$. Thats it. They are popular RE titles regardless and many of us might want attention focused on CV or Zero or even a remake of Gaiden (good ass title lol) simply because they are lessor known, but that ironically would be the reason why Capcom would remake 5 and 6 instead of them, its why they are doing 4...

So I get why its happening, I want CV to happen as a remake, but I wouldn't be shocked if 5 and 6 got remade. Nothing as of yet is really saying 100% "no" or "no reason". The generation they got released on PS3....that is literally being targeted for remakes, The Last Of Us , Dead Space, Demon Souls. So I agree with you as a gamer as I love CV, but I disagree with you as a businessman lol.

We need to factor that the race for the next remake likely really is between CV and RE5. I hope we get all, but I feel inevitably we will anyway lol

No one discusses REmake in the same line of remakes when they discuss RE2-4. Many people want RE1 remade again because REmake was more of a remaster than a remake.

Both CV and Zero should get remakes due to flaws in Capcom's support strategy at the time. Same with ReMake. Putting these games exclusively on Dreamcast and Gamecube seriously hurt their eventual launches on other systems and even subsequent interest in the RE franchise. These remakes are a chance to recapture interest.

If CV is skipped now we probaby wont see it remade until they run out of mainstream games to remake.

My guess is their plan will be

4, 5, 6, CV, Zero, 1 and afterwards maybe revelations series.

But for their own interest they should buy some time for 5 and 6

EDMIX

No one discusses REmake in the same line of remakes when they discuss RE2-4. Many people want RE1 remade again because REmake was more of a remaster than a remake.

lol

Sure bud.

Good luck with that take lol All those are remakes, your feelings regarding them don't change them being remakes.

So you seem stuck in this recency bias, desperately trying to some revisionist history shit of now pretending how good RE2 or RE3 remake are, now magically mean RE2002 isn't a remake. Using this logic, no remakes exist now when in 2045 they have brain implants and we see Capcom remake RE10 using it lol

Future Mibu be like "RE2 remake was more of a REMASTER den da remake doez"

Taking what works now and applying it to a game from the past is a remake.... it doesn't matter what we have NOW, it merely maters that something from the past was re done, thus the term "remake".

Over the shoulder and so many things changed from those generations, that doesn't change that RE2002 was a remake bud, this logic means nothing is really a remake using your ideas as any future title that adds even more, would just have you saying shit like they are all remasters when the fucking brain implants come out or something lol We literally use the term remake based on that 2002 title, to really be claiming that is a remaster now is hilarious.

So many people want a remake of the 2002 game, NOT because that wasn't a remake, but because 20 years has pasted where they can implement even more changes that we want like over the shoulder. That doesn't fucking mean the 2002 game wasn't a remake bud, it means we want a remake of the remake....

In 2065 when Capcom does the 3rd remake to RE2 remaking using brain implant 6.4, fuck you telling me? Thats suddenly a remaster now and not a remake? lol Thats basically what you are saying btw.

lol

Sure bud.

Good luck with that take lol All those are remakes, your feelings regarding them don't change them being remakes.

So you seem stuck in this recency bias, desperately trying to some revisionist history shit of now pretending how good RE2 or RE3 remake are, now magically mean RE2002 isn't a remake. Using this logic, no remakes exist now when in 2045 they have brain implants and we see Capcom remake RE10 using it lol

Future Mibu be like "RE2 remake was more of a REMASTER den da remake doez"

Taking what works now and applying it to a game from the past is a remake.... it doesn't matter what we have NOW, it merely maters that something from the past was re done, thus the term "remake".

Over the shoulder and so many things changed from those generations, that doesn't change that RE2002 was a remake bud, this logic means nothing is really a remake using your ideas as any future title that adds even more, would just have you saying shit like they are all remasters when the fucking brain implants come out or something lol We literally use the term remake based on that 2002 title, to really be claiming that is a remaster now is hilarious.

So many people want a remake of the 2002 game, NOT because that wasn't a remake, but because 20 years has pasted where they can implement even more changes that we want like over the shoulder. That doesn't fucking mean the 2002 game wasn't a remake bud, it means we want a remake of the remake....

In 2065 when Capcom does the 3rd remake to RE2 remaking using brain implant 6.4, fuck you telling me? Thats suddenly a remaster now and not a remake? lol Thats basically what you are saying btw.

I can tell you today that TLOU p1 strikes me as more of a remaster than a remake. Where is the recency bias there?

People want a remake because it doesn't bring the modern design of Resident Evil 4, which released just 3 years later.

Lasha

A remake or new entry into the outbreak series would be welcome. Outbreak was way ahead of its time. I fully expect Capcom to do something ridiculous like Re2: Remake: Remake or spend another few years releasing RE4 Remake on anything with a screen.

Beechos

Just do a reset. A whole new group of characters and setting. As long as the gameplay is resident evil people wont care and the game will prob be that much better not having to follow the ridiculous story.

The current re story is a complete mess. I dunno what is it with jap devs always shoehorning and retconing every character possible in their games.

Last edited:

EDMIX

I can tell you today that TLOU p1 strikes me as more of a remaster than a remake. Where is the recency bias there?

People want a remake because it doesn't bring the modern design of Resident Evil 4, which released just 3 years later.
nahhhh bud, the game isn't even in the same fucking engine.

I don't know what to tell folks regarding this, stop trying to base what that term means if you like game or not. Would be like trying to say a movie isn't a movie cause you didn't like it lol

What we call remasters is pretty fucking clear, its merely a bump in resolution and frame rate, that is what The 2014 remaster was, using your logic...what would that even be? lol Clearly its not a port as something was done to it, but it wasn't put in some new engine or something.

So why someone wants a remake of RE2002 on next gen is irrelevant, it would still be a remake of a remake.

From PS1 to GC was a remake, from GC to PS5 or something would still be a remake bud. What folks want with the RE2002 remake on PS5 and Series X isn't JUST that design from RE4, its the RE engine, haptic feed back, real time lighting, 3D audio, the works.

Having more features in some future remake of RE2002 doesn't negate that the original, was a remake in 2002 lol

As said before, that means no fucking remake is a "remake" using your logic as in 2060 you could just fucking argue Brain implant xyz 2.4 Edge series RE2 remake version, now means all of the other ones were um "rEmAstErz". The term doesn't fucking mean THE MOST changes, it means any significate changes ie RE.....MADE, done over again. More tech might mean more changes, that doesn't mean the ones prior stopped being remakes. Its a silly notion that makes zero sense.

Last edited:

Roni

Gold Member
What could they even do with 5 and 6? those were designed to be pure action packed crazyness from the start, Resident Evil 4 was a mix of atmospheric survival horror and action and is beloved by everyone

I don't see them approaching Resident Evil 6, a survival horror reimagining wouldn't fit that game, RE5 may get one, they could fix the single player and shit sections
That hasn't changed: whatever problems 5 and 6 had, they didn't invent them, they simply applied 4's formula in another context. If they manage to figure it out with 4, that's the gateway to fix 5 and 6.

EDMIX

That hasn't changed: whatever problems 5 and 6 had, they didn't invent them, they simply applied 4's formula in another context. If they manage to figure it out with 4, that's the gateway to fix 5 and 6.

Agreed.

I feel with a remake, they can change many things. I don't care for 5 or 6, but it doesn't mean they are unsalvageable or something.

Kacho

They're probably done tbh. Don't see them touching Resident Evil 5 in today's climate but who knows. I would love to play RE5 without the forced AI partner.

They should remake some of the side games like Survivor and Dead Aim. I think that would be cool since they can expand the lore and be creative with the gameplay and structure.

EDMIX

They're probably done tbh. Don't see them touching Resident Evil 5 in today's climate but who knows. I would love to play RE5 without the forced AI partner.

They should remake some of the side games like Survivor and Dead Aim. I think that would be cool since they can expand the lore and be creative with the gameplay and structure.

I could never say never on that. I want CV remade, but this is business we are talking about lol RE5 is literally one of the best selling RE titles, so I feel its remake is more likely them most care to admit. Remake it with better AI, remake it with co-op that makes sense like different characters.

I also agree with Dead Aim or Survivor. Put em in the new RE engine and as PS VR2 titles and I think they 'll do wonders. I think all of that is feasible. RE2 and RE3 remake did so well for them, I wouldn't be shocked if we see more next gen.

As in, RE4 remake, CV remake, RE1 remake, 5 and 6. So the teams they have doing remakes, I think they'll have continue that and the main RE team just continue with RE9, 10 etc. I don't know who handles that VR stuff that they have going on, but I'd be shocked if we didn't see some Dead Aim type thing remade by them if the VR stuff is successful for RE8 on PS5.

nahhhh bud, the game isn't even in the same fucking engine.

I don't know what to tell folks regarding this, stop trying to base what that term means if you like game or not. Would be like trying to say a movie isn't a movie cause you didn't like it lol

What we call remasters is pretty fucking clear, its merely a bump in resolution and frame rate, that is what The 2014 remaster was, using your logic...what would that even be? lol Clearly its not a port as something was done to it, but it wasn't put in some new engine or something.

So why someone wants a remake of RE2002 on next gen is irrelevant, it would still be a remake of a remake.

From PS1 to GC was a remake, from GC to PS5 or something would still be a remake bud. What folks want with the RE2002 remake on PS5 and Series X isn't JUST that design from RE4, its the RE engine, haptic feed back, real time lighting, 3D audio, the works.

Having more features in some future remake of RE2002 doesn't negate that the original, was a remake in 2002 lol

As said before, that means no fucking remake is a "remake" using your logic as in 2060 you could just fucking argue Brain implant xyz 2.4 Edge series RE2 remake version, now means all of the other ones were um "rEmAstErz". The term doesn't fucking mean THE MOST changes, it means any significate changes ie RE.....MADE, done over again. More tech might mean more changes, that doesn't mean the ones prior stopped being remakes. Its a silly notion that makes zero sense.

You're off base here.

If you go through the gamut of games titled remaster or remake, you'll see remakes that are remasters and remasters that are remakes.

That all comes down to marketing.

The Crash Bandicoot games were basically built from scratch with none of the original code. Now it's well understood that you can sell way more copies by calling something a remake than a remaster, so they tend to lean towards calling it as such.

In 2011 Bluepoint released a remastered version of Ico and SOTC. SOTC was remade 7 years later by the same studio. SOTC remaster also included more features but it wasn't a remake.

Obviously they want the RE: Engine, but the RE: Engine is based off the modern design of RE4, that's kind of the point. As for the other side features, that's not the big thing people are looking for, they just want a fully realized over the shoulder RE1 game.

Artoris

Gold Member
4 has the best story 5 is in the middle and 6 has the worst ones

EDMIX

SOTC was remade 7 years later by the same studio
also you
people want RE1 remade again because REmake was more of a remaster

Ok Mibu, have fun with this weird logic though. I think you merely cherry pick when you want to put that term on something instead of objectively recognizing the term is to redo, remake, make over etc.

If you can understand SoTC is a remake, you can understand RE2002 on GC is a remake.

No way will they remake RE5 or 6.
Bold of you to assume that there won't be a remake of Resident Evil 5 and 6, we already crossed that bridge of remaking games that aren't even 10 years old.

RE5 and 6 don't even fall under legacy tittles of RE universe. Just 2 games made for mass market that completely lost its identity. The only reason 6 sold so well was because it was supported on SIX platforms. If anything deserves a remake its Code Veronica. Even fans of RE wouldn't go in droves to play a remake of 6.

EDMIX

No way will they remake RE5 or 6.

RE5 and 6 don't even fall under legacy tittles of RE universe. Just 2 games made for mass market that completely lost its identity. The only reason 6 sold so well was because it was supported on SIX platforms. If anything deserves a remake its Code Veronica. Even fans of RE wouldn't go in droves to play a remake of 6.

Sir...they are literally remaking 4, so what make you think they won't do that with 5 and 6?

I agree with CV should be remade, but some of you really, really..REALLY need to stop forcing your personal views as some business thing, look at this from Capcom's perspective...the fucking best selling RE title won't get remade? Does that sound like it makes sense to you? lol I'm not saying I want RE5 or RE6 to be remade, merely that Capcom is a business and will behave as such, more reasons exist to remake it using that logic then I think many realize or truly understand.

As it stands....we just can't say "fans of RE wouldn't go in droves to play a remake of 6", they fucking went in droves to buy it the first time sir lol the fuck? So some market exist that likes those action titles like Max Payne, Gears Of War, RE4, Vanquish and of course RE5 and 6, if they are remaking the action shit with 4, I see no reason for them to just leave money on the table with literally the best selling ones.

Fingers crossed for CV and Zero remake btw as a fan of those titles, thats what I want......as a business owner....they making them RE5 and RE6 remakes lol Adding more horror, 3D audio, Sheva is more WOKE then ever lol So I'm not saying I want them to go this route, but shit its not like I come on here to tell you of all the CODs that come out and I like em or something, but I recognize someone does, someone will buy it and a market exist that would fit a return.

Lets not get delusional with this shit man. RE4,5 and 6 very much split a lot of the community, but clearly that market still exist and Capcom wants to eat both cakes, not 1.

EDMIX EDMIX

But RE4 is a turning point for the franchise, its maybe even more beloved than the originals and got millions more to play it. I don't understand why people think these companies will pour indefinite resources to remake their whole catalogue. They will remake the sure money makers. I can't see that with RE5 and 6, not at $60 price tag.

Look at Konami now....where is SH1 Remake? They went straight for SH2. Why? Because its more well known but at the same time, even SH1 was an exceptional game, an introduction to the series and definitely in an even more need of a remake than 2. Will they remake 3 il 2 is a success? Probably. What about SH4.....maybe? Will they then remake Downpour and Homecoming? No way, why, they are terrible SH games...who will double dip again into that. My point is, I don't believe for a minute Capcom has their sights on remaking their WHOLE RE catalogue. RE4 R will sell maybe even more copies that the original version...RE5 and 6 won't.

also you

Ok Mibu, have fun with this weird logic though. I think you merely cherry pick when you want to put that term on something instead of objectively recognizing the term is to redo, remake, make over etc.

If you can understand SoTC is a remake, you can understand RE2002 on GC is a remake.

Looks like you didn't read what I said at all...

SOTC was initially remastered and then remade later on.

A makeover is literally a remaster...

EDMIX EDMIX

But RE4 is a turning point for the franchise, its maybe even more beloved than the originals and got millions more to play it. I don't understand why people think these companies will pour indefinite resources to remake their whole catalogue. They will remake the sure money makers. I can't see that with RE5 and 6, not at $60 price tag.

Look at Konami now....where is SH1 Remake? They went straight for SH2. Why? Because its more well known but at the same time, even SH1 was an exceptional game, an introduction to the series and definitely in an even more need of a remake than 2. Will they remake 3 il 2 is a success? Probably. What about SH4.....maybe? Will they then remake Downpour and Homecoming? No way, why, they are terrible SH games...who will double dip again into that. My point is, I don't believe for a minute Capcom has their sights on remaking their WHOLE RE catalogue. RE4 R will sell maybe even more copies that the original version...RE5 and 6 won't.

RE5 and 6 sold significantly more than 3 and they remade 3.

I think people assume 5 and 6 won't be remade despite how popular they were initially. I think they'll certainly be remade. Whether the rest of them are remade is a bigger question. It's the easiest way for them to produce more RE titles without oversaturating the mainline.

levyjl1988

Banned
I really enjoyed the hell out of Resident Evil 6 co-op it was. Not in a horror terror way, but in an action-driven way and I loved it. Though I think the over-the-top explosions were too over-the-top and there were things that never made sense that felt off with narrative dissonance. Like how is there a chain of explosions with vehicles like that randomly? Or how did the pilot get infected? But Alas I enjoyed the fluid controls of combat and Sherry is hot as fuck.
I played fewer Reisendet Evil games after 6, to be honest.

Roni

Gold Member
4 has the best story 5 is in the middle and 6 has the worst ones
I have that backwards in my book, Chris's campaign is pretty decent in 6 once you divorce the idea of playing a Survival Horror game; Leon's is not bad, just lazy, because they had to have him in China as well instead of leaving him in Tall Oaks. The only really bad one is Sherry's IMO.

5 needs Wesker toned down, less Jill drama and zero boulder punching.

4 still has the small Spanish dude in it, but I'm hopeful they have reduced his role, or at least took it down a few notches.

Last edited:

EDMIX

They will remake the sure money makers. I can't see that with RE5 and 6, not at $60 price tag.

lol those are literally the best selling of the series....

My point is, I don't believe for a minute Capcom has their sights on remaking their WHOLE RE catalogue

lol oh Aeon, my sweet summer child.

I think you underestimate a company's desire to make money. In our life times, they will 100% remake that whole fucking thing, I see no reality where they don't as it doesn't even make sense not to.

So of their biggest selling titles, RE5 and 6 are it. They are inevitable to be remade and I wouldn't be shocked even for a moment if they are already planning for that. For all you know RE4 remake is their testing bed for how they'll do 5 and 6 in regards to movement, features etc. So there is just no way the best selling titles in that series, get skipped forever, fucking unlikely lol

SOTC was initially remastered and then remade later on.
I'm not disputing that, merely that if you understand SoTC is a remake, you can understand RE2002 is one.
RE5 and 6 sold significantly more than 3 and they remade 3.
True, but I think that had a lot to do with following up 2.
I think people assume 5 and 6 won't be remade despite how popular they were initially. I think they'll certainly be remade.
Agreed, I think 5 and 6 are the black sheep of the hardcore RE fanbase lol I think that idea is why you see many just believe their personal hate of those title will magically mean no remakes, I don't see that Capcom will follow that logic, they are after all a business.

Rooting for CV remake, but wouldn't be shocked if the next was RE5.

Moses85

Needs to happen so badly!

Then like has already been said, use the assets to then remake Z & CVX.

I see no reason to not remake 5 & 6, since they are both great.

I’d also personally love third person added to RE7, as adding it to RE8 is already bringing in more players.
5&6 great?

Office Space No GIF

Soodanim

Gold Member
I'm waiting for them to remake 3 remake

Then CV. If no plans, then make plans, else don't do more remakes

Or, just for fun, do Survivor. Multiple T-102s chasing you down would be a hilarious nightmare.

lol those are literally the best selling of the series....

I already explained why they are "the best selling" when they were sold on 6 platforms lol. If they were such sure cash makers especially since 6 is the best selling one, they would of remade that one first instead of digging through member-berries to see if nostalgia bring in the cash of RE2R.

By the way, if you want to know how interested people really are in RE6 check the sales numbers for the "HD remaster" RE6. It sold 1.7 million including both PS4 and X1 together even with a $20 price tag lol. 8 mil was the vanilla version on 6 platforms. So yeah, RE6 won't be even attempted.

Last edited:

EDMIX

I already explained why they are "the best selling" when they were sold on 6 platforms lol

And? We've seen games sell on many platforms and fucking flop.

Someone wanted that game and its rare a remaster outsells the original, none of that means you won't see a remake.

Thats like saying we won't see a remake of Resident Evil 2 cause its fucking sales on PSN of its HD port lol Get over it man, we'll likely see both those games remade, I don't even know why you'd try to pretend they are basing a fucking remake based on REMASTER sales, none of that series would be remade if that was the case.

So I say, make your fucking point...how much did the remasters of RE4 sell? How much did the remasters and ports of RE2 and RE3 sell? I simply don't see any evidence that such a thing is used to then make a determination on if a remake should be made or not. Those gamecube ports of RE2 and RE3 are literally the fucking worst selling of those ports and remasters, yet they both got remakes. So 1.7 million sounds pretty fucking great for a remaster lol

Whats so fucking funny, RE5 remaster sells more copies then RE4 on the gamecube on its original release.

Its RE4's remasters on PS3 and XONE sell 1.6 million

You literally just fucking proved RE4's remaster sold less, RE4 in general sold less then RE5....yet...RE4 is still being remade. Sorry but you can't bring up this shit and then expect those same numbers won't be used to prove this whole thing is bs

So as far as I can see this, you just hate 5 and 6 and are grasping at straws to make it sound like oh a REMASTER's sales will prove it won't be remade...yea, not the original sales (never mind that those figures suggest MOST of those games shouldn't be remade) lol I just think you hate those games and want some fake reason to pretend Capcom does too or they won't make it cause you said "1.7 million" to try to take a number out of context. I want CV remade too, that doesn't mean I don't understand why Capcom would still remake 5 and 6. They sold bud, someone bought them as originals and as remasters.

Last edited:

Umbasaborne

Banned
Code veronica needs one, but after that, they should just make new games. Remakes are this industry’s biggest crutch these days

Reactions: Isa
With Resident Evil 4, Capcom has officially finished with remaking almost every beloved entry in the RE franchise. The million dollar question is ... where do they go from here? Because that's where things get a little cloudy.

Resident Evil 5 and 6 are the next entries, but the problem is that they are relatively new compared to the other entries, to the point a remake no longer feels 100% necessary. Also, they introduced co-op online modes which utterly divided the community. Remaking them has the risk of again dividing the fanbase and again going down the road of making the series action 'horror' and utterly forgetting the 'survival' aspect, which is a road the majority of the fandom does not want the IP to go down again. And Capcom knows this, which is why so far they intend to have MP modes as spin-offs and low-budget efforts to satisfy the action fans without again 'polluting' the IPs 'core' identity.

However, we can't forget that RE5 is one of the biggest RE game sellers for Capcom. Not entirely sure but I think it's still amongst the top-three best selling RE games out there, which would entice Capcom to replicate its success. HOWEVER, they also risk (due to modern social issues) to paint a large target over their heads by the known suspects and accusing them of racial hate (it was done back then, and today it will be a lot, lot worse). So it's really a weird case and I'm not sure whether Capcom would want to make a risk like that.

In RE6's case, it's one of the worstly received RE games ever - definitely the most hated numbered entry - although it does have its fanbase - and definitely more divisive than even RE7 with its first person mode. It is the title which could benefit the most from a remake in order to solve all the gameplay issues the original had, but it's a tough sell because it's hard to pitch your worst entry deserving a remake, and on top of that ... the game is fucking huge, which would be a tremendously costly endeavour on Capcom's part to risk financial loss by remaking a game which was hated by its majority. Not to mention the fact it's quite new compared to the other, older titles.

What about other titles?

Veronica is out, for now, by official statement by the devs.

Outbreak could be next, in order to finally give the online/co-op/multiplayer RE community a solid RE entry they could really sink their teeth to. If they enrich the campaign and make it easier for a player to solo it, it could be a reality.

RE1 is a solid contender for a remake. A beloved classic, relatively short and less expensive to remake compared to the next entries, almost all monsters are more or less ready and the devs have expressed a desire to do it. I could see it happening on RE's 30th year anniversary in 2026. It's perfect, and relatively close. Only problem? It's been done, but ... almost twenty years ago. So, does it really matter, anymore?

RE0 was never remade and could use a makeover. While it never sold particularly well (which had more to do with it being a Gamecube exclusive than anything else), it's still the last RE entry of old before they went all RE4 in the main entries. There isn't a demand for this title though, and the only way I can see it happening is by process of elimination.

So.

My guess is that they will remake (at most) one more title yet (perhaps Outbreak), before remaking RE1 again for the 30th anniversary.

Thoughts? What do you think that Capcom will do, remaster-wise?
They first need to resurrect Dino Crisis, I want dinos to come back by the hand of THIS Capcom, who's as good as the '90s one if not better, before for some strange reason things get worse again (who knows?)

Then, pick Code Veronica, who's so clunky it' s literally unplayable even for me that I'm an avid old RE lover and it's the only chapter I miss

Then, they can take a shoot at changing the past, change the history and reimagining 5 (who I liked, but still disappointed me a lot after 4,massive step back)and 6 (that I refuse to comment), would be World breaking after all of the backlash through years

Also, please Cap, if you are reading, keep Luis and Piers alive in re4 remake, and a possible future Re6magining, please

Last edited:
Fuck the remakes. I just want a new entry, a continuation in the style (ie setting) of Resi 1, 2, and 3 (ie not Leon going to Spain to fight old men with pitchforks or Chris on a jolly to Africa).

Not sure what they would call it but I personally lost interest when they went off the rails and did away with proper zombies (of course also fuck off Resi 6, it's practically Bayonetta).
I usually agree with the no remakes policy, but Capcom is just too good remaking its golden stuff

I usually replay old RE and Dino Crisis once a year at minimum, so being able to do it with a full fledged, expanded (hm hmmm sorry, re3make), badass current gen editionis a dream come true

Most of others remake doers can go fuck themselves, even ND with The Last Of Useless

(And I love ND and tlou, for clarity)

Astral Dog

Fair point, im sure they will try an update with RE5 someday.

just would rather see more original games, or remakes of Code Veronica, Resident Evil 1,RE Zero(though this one is unlikely) before anything RE5 and RE6 remakes

Matt_Fox

Resident Evil 5 is the best-selling Resident Evil game. It's also next in line numerically to be remade.

Capcom are capitalists. Anyone who thinks they are going to decide to skip the biggest $$$ payday the series has achieved in favour of <insert the game you want remade here> is bonkers. Business is going to business.

Diddy X

Those remakes look and play great, they can go remake 5 and 6 I'll play them, also try with Dino Crisis there could be more money for them to make once they run out of RE games to remake.

Alan Wake

Should be Code: Veronica but it won't be. So I don't know. Resident Evil Zero isn't really worth it, even if the train section is kind of magic.

Roni

Gold Member
Fair point, im sure they will try an update with RE5 someday.

just would rather see more original games, or remakes of Code Veronica, Resident Evil 1,RE Zero(though this one is unlikely) before anything RE5 and RE6 remakes
I'm down for a Zero remake as well, wouldn't say no to a 1 remake, but I'm fairly certain they'll leave the mansion incident for last.

i could see two games of the franchise that Capcom could remake after Resident Evil 4(Resident Evil 1 or Resident Evil Code Veronica) one of this two games is very likely to be remade after Resident Evil 4, the question is what game they gonna remade

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I mean, if the Remake of 1 was TOO RECENT to make one in the same style as 2/3/4, and CVX isn't popular enough (by some arbitrary metric, Still convinced they're just avoiding it because they Dread the hellstorm that will ensue no matter WHAT they do with Alfred Ashford) then my suggestion is simple:

Make 9, 10, 11.

By then 5 will be old enough that you can make Sheva the main character, change the setting to like Texas and make all the Majini white dudes and sell a remake.

Top Bottom