• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So where would next gen cyberpunk have ranked amongst last years goty?

Stuart360

Honestly its good even if you're just assing around in the game world. You come across some really crazy NPC interactions. I honestly wish developers would use this as baseline for next gen games and expand on it.
We need more random NPC interactions in open world games.

Cyberpunk's initial promises of next gen open world interaction made it seem like we were getting Skyrim type stuff with full NPC day/night routines etc.
I think that hurts the most that we didn't get that feature.
I hated the edgelord characters in Watchdogs 2, but you are 100% right about thr world. I spent hours just messing around in the world. That is how you make an open world city, not the completely dead and baren feeling Night City.

IKSTUGA

Already the launch version would have been top 3 for me. Might be one of the all time greats with the new patch.

Fluo

Honestly its good even if you're just assing around in the game world. You come across some really crazy NPC interactions. I honestly wish developers would use this as baseline for next gen games and expand on it.
We need more random NPC interactions in open world games.

Cyberpunk's initial promises of next gen open world interaction made it seem like we were getting Skyrim type stuff with full NPC day/night routines etc.
I think that hurts the most that we didn't get that feature.
Here's the thing I don't get though. Witcher 3 city npcs are mostly there so that cities don't feel empty, they're not very interactive and no one faulted the game for the lack of npc interactivity. It's a story-driven rpg, so is cyberpunk. So why is it expected out of Cyberpunk so much it's considered a major flaw of the game?

Here's the thing I don't get though. Witcher 3 city npcs are mostly there so that cities don't feel empty, they're not very interactive and no one faulted the game for the lack of npc interactivity. It's a story-driven rpg, so is cyberpunk. So why is it expected out of Cyberpunk so much it's considered a major flaw of the game?
The developers said that Cyberpunk will be 'the next generation of open world games'. That and the reveal videos leading up to launch had the game featuring reported stuff like full NPC day/night routines amoung other things.

Basically the devs hyped the game up to be this next level of open world interaction. Beyond anything on current platforms.

Check youtube for videos on lists of stuff that was hyped up by CDPR leading up to the game's launch.

Between the best 20 games of last year....but hardly a GOTY contender...still is buggy but well 4k dynamic bugs and 60 stable fps are welcome.
PC really is the best place to play this game. Had they just released this on PC I feel they would have been able to deliver the game they promised. It really could have been the new Crysis for PC.

Alebrije

PC really is the best place to play this game. Had they just released this on PC I feel they would have been able to deliver the game they promised. It really could have been the new Crysis for PC.
Agree....on PC RT and other graphical attributes look great..the city needs a lot of ambient to make you go "inside" it ...and Only PC is capable of doing that

CDPR only needed a PC versión at launch and today release a next gen port and obviously abandon ps4/xbox ones. But they fucked the game trying to eat the world on just one relase.

Agree....on PC RT and other graphical attributes look great..the city needs a lot of ambient to make you go "inside" it ...and Only PC is capable of doing that

CDPR only needed a PC versión at launch and today release a next gen port and obviously abandon ps4/xbox ones. But they fucked the game trying to eat the world on just one relase.
I honestly wonder if its better for them to just focus on next gen consoles and PC for future updates of this game. Bring back some of the stuff they left out or was reported to include in the final game.
Old gen will just hold back what they initially tried to build.

I honestly wonder if its better for them to just focus on next gen consoles and PC for future updates of this game. Bring back some of the stuff they left out or was reported to include in the final game.
Old gen will just hold back what they initially tried to build.
They left old gen out of most of the stuff for this update.
The npcs are still idiotic, there’s still nothing to do in the open world, no reason for it to exist, the cars still feel horrible, etc.

Tschumi

For real, none of those games offer me as much intrigue as vanilla cp2077 except it takes two, because of the co-op with my wife.

Last edited:
If played on PC, it's way up there. The only game in the OP that beats it is Ratchet & Clank for me. Easily one of the most enjoyable games in the last 10+ years. Criminally underrated (if played on PC..)

apowhungo

I see Ratchet and Forza on a list like that and I'm immediately like...

n08A8NO.jpg

Maturity.
get fucked

Cyberpunk 2077 isn't just easily one of the best games released in the last 2 years, it's easily one of the best games released in the last 10 years.

Edit: And this update changes a whole lot more than people think. It's an entirely new kind of RPG, a more hardcore RPG than what it released as. Many elements relating to upgrades, crafting, weapons, clothing, items, character progression as a whole has been revamped. There are even some subtle and not to subtle story adjustments that I've noticed. I don't think it's me doing anything vastly different this time around. Based on some stuff I've seen, your choices now have more visible and immediate consequences compared to what I noticed before. Based on your run ins with certain gangs, they now properly seem to have it out for you when you're going through their turf. Cops are actively getting involved to stop pedestrians and even gangs from engaging in criminal activity. Not like the isolated cases from before where they were already engaged in the middle of a shootout with a gangs, but I'm actually seeing police arrive on the scene to deal with gangs and crime activity now that has nothing at all to do with me specifically.

An already great game was made even better.

Last edited:
Top Bottom