• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Some additional Assassin's Creed Rift information

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
p89WSRl6_o.jpg

• devs want a Q1 2023 release, though its trying to be pushed into holidays 2022
  • full price title
  • no free crossgen upgrade (cant buy on ps4 then get ps5 version)
  • announcement at next ubisoft forward with infinity teaser (literally just the silhouette of a man with the infitiy logo) at the very end
  • teaser trailer will feature altair but he isnt really in the game, only mentioned in collectable poems
  • no ac1 remaster planned for this year or next year
  • runs on very slightly upgraded Ubisoft Anvil engine (think npc count), same with ragnarok dlc for valhalla, which caused problems for base xbox one
  • no DLCs for rift planned
  • Ubi Saguenay is working on a cloud edition for nintendo switch, though unclear when/if being launched

Just_one

If its a return to true AC im all for it.

Origins was good
Odyssey was algo good although a bit worse , Kassandra saved it , great character
Valhalla is not even an AC game anymore , its just awful.

Bring back the assassins ,the templars , the apple of eden , the really core of AC

Also a real city and not a whole country.

I know its not a popular opinion but the last truely great AC games were Unity and Syndicate , specially Unity , its such a great great game that should have come out on PS5 and not PS4. It was really ahead of it time

Kenpachii

Ah the usual vocal ubisoft sucks clowns that don't even play ubisoft games in every single ubisoft thread, that somehow need to tell the world every single time a ubisoft games is announced how bad ubisoft sucks.

Last edited:

Kiraly

Ah the usual vocal ubisoft sucks clowns that don't even play ubisoft games in every single ubisoft thread, that somehow need to tell the world every single time a ubisoft games is announced how bad ubisoft sucks.
Their seething has been especially hilarious after that first in the series to generate $1 bn in revenue news lol. Like damn bro just give it a rest. Go praise your totally-not-Ubisoft-like games in other threads.

Kuranghi

"Arsearsein's Creed: Fart"

Going the Ratchet & Clank way of naming your games I see, very juvenile.

Horizon 2 has finally shown me fidelity of motion and face capture I yearned for since Unity, go back to that and I'll buy your games again Ubisoft, to think people can't tell enough of a difference to make it worthwhile is staggering to me.

Unity made this huge leap forward in digital character quality and then they just abandoned it for Origins, yes the character and stories of it are great but you have to admit it's disappointing they stopped doing capture of performance and audio to save money. It makes decent quality writing seem stilted and lifeless, eg Horizon 1.

If they'd just had face capture and better delivery of the lines between characters (ie acted on a soundstage) then Horizon 1 would've been a lot better, as evidenced by the Frozen Wilds DLC being a mile ahead. I don't necessarily even think the writing was/has to be better to begin with its probably just when they record it they rewrite/retime it on set to make it more natural instead of just having to make the best of what you have from individually recorded parts after the fact.

Or even when both actors are in the booth together they'll make big changes to the scenes afterwards and now they have to edit the order of dialogue or cut some and it doesn't feel natural anymore. Whereas with the capture they have to at least set in stone chunks of the performance and you avoid that issue of making it unnatural.

I haven't played Syndicate, is the face capture as good as Unity?

Using Altair as a bait and switch if he's not even in the actual game would be a despicable move.
Rift takes place before 872 CE and Altair's story took place in 1191 CE. Unless they do a two time periods kind of thing, but I doubt it since this was supposed to be an expansion to Valhalla.

Wonko_C

Wait I thought they were no longer going to make games for the Rift/PC just for the Quest 2? And what's with the PS5 thing? this is funded by Meta, isn't it?

Last edited:

Andodalf

Banned
Wait I thought they were no longer going to make games for the Rift/PC just for the Quest 2? And what's with the PS5 thing? this is funded by Meta, isn't it?
The thread is on the first page, there’s no reason not to read the OP

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
40 hours right here.
I didn't ask you for the "length"(which is ~35h according to ubisoft, so realistically more like 20), I asked which two games? And don't bother with another runaround or subjective definition.
If its a return to true AC im all for it.

Origins was good
Odyssey was algo good although a bit worse , Kassandra saved it , great character
Valhalla is not even an AC game anymore , its just awful.

Bring back the assassins ,the templars , the apple of eden , the really core of AC
Comments like these show who hasn't actually played valhalla since it's the more ac than either origins or odyssey.
Neither origins nor odyssey have guaranteed assassinations, in valhalla you get a skill at the start, that allows assassinations of any enemy regardless of type or level.
Valhalla also got rid of the whole restrictive level system so you can basically wear your starter gear for the entire game, and the inventory clutter is also gone.

If your argument is bu-but raids! well you can do the raids in stealth too, just park the boat close to the camp and stealth it.
Guaranteed assassinations make stealth and actual viable option in valhalla without having to worry about changing your gear, using abilities or that the enemy might be "too high level".

The templars were founded around ~1100, by saying "the templars are the real core", you're basically saying no to ac games set before that date, which is just....get over yourself.

The assassins are in the game, that's where you get the hidden blade from obviously, and you work with them to assassinate the templar precursor.

The apple of eden is in fact also in the game, so with that not only is your "real core of ac"(lol) complete it also plays more like the traditional games compared origins and odyssey.

Last edited:

Skifi28

Having played Valhalla, I wonder if it's named after the rift it'll create in the fanbase.

Last edited:

Just_one

I didn't ask you for the "length"(which is ~35h according to ubisoft, so realistically more like 20), I asked which two games? And don't bother with another runaround or subjective definition.

Comments like these show who hasn't actually played valhalla since it's the more ac than either origins or odyssey.
Neither origins nor odyssey have guaranteed assassinations, in valhalla you get a skill at the start, that allows assassinations of any enemy regardless of type or level.
Valhalla also got rid of the whole restrictive level system so you can basically wear your starter gear for the entire game, and the inventory clutter is also gone.

If your argument is bu-but raids! well you can do the raids in stealth too, just park the boat close to the camp and stealth it.
Guaranteed assassinations make stealth and actual viable option in valhalla without having to worry about changing your gear, using abilities or that the enemy might be "too high level".

The templars were founded around ~1100, by saying "the templars are the real core", you're basically saying no to ac games set before that date, which is just....get over yourself.

The assassins are in the game, that's where you get the hidden blade from obviously, and you work with them to assassinate the templar precursor.

The apple of eden is in fact also in the game, so with that not only is your "real core of ac"(lol) complete it also plays more like the traditional games compared origins and odyssey.

I actually played and finished Valhalla.

The game is just big for the sake of being big. (1st AC i didnt platined btw)

The story is way too big and there is little references to AC lore and the ones that are there takes you no where.

The person who thought you had to find keys to open collectable just be shot in the head , terrible decision.

Eivor is anything but an assasin , just because he was given a hidden blade doesnt make him an assassin. he´s just there and is a terrible character.

Ubisoft really should scale back on the size of the next AC game but thats just my opinion. a more focus city would be great. it can still be open world and have a great city has a landscape

Last edited:

And I gave you:
1) Dawn of Ragnarok which has a boxed copy
2) Ass creeed Rift

3) Dont be a prick.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
The story is way too big and there is little references to AC lore and the ones that are there takes you no where
Nowhere?
The game literally shows you what happened to desmond and continues the isu storyline, whereas origins is just a whole bunch of nothing lore wise until bayek founds the hidden ones at the end.

The person who thought you had to find keys to open collectable just be shot in the head , terrible decision
What keys? Surely you aren't referring to keys to locked doors that are always found in the immediate location right? You couldn't possibly have struggled with those, so I'm just gonna ignore this weird ass point.

Eivor is anything but an assasin , just because he was given a hidden blade doesnt make him an assassin. he´s just there and is a terrible character.
Ok, and? I never said she was an assassin, I said they are in the game, you work with them and they give you the hidden blade.
Bayek also wasn't an assassin, he was a medjay (protector/police), until he founded the hidden ones near the end of the game.
Kassandra wasn't an assassin, she was a misthios (mercenary).
So why does suddenly matter in eivor's case? Especially considering valhalla allows for the most assassin-like gameplay since Syndicate; gameplay wise, eivor is much more of an assassin than kassandra or bayek, yet you give them a pass.

And I gave you:
1) Dawn of Ragnarok which has a boxed copy
2) Ass creeed Rift
I thought I said not to bother with runarounds or subjective definitions? Yet here you are yet again wasting space.

1) for some laughable reason you think "boxed copy" means a new game, even though what's in the box for ragnarok is just a download code that won't work if you don't own valhalla, the "boxed copy" even warns against this. Why? Because it's not a game, it's content for an existing game.
2) ragnarok recommends being level 300+ before attempting the new content; great new "game" that doesn't let you actually play it before playing another game first.
3) have you heard of that game, the witcher blood and wine? It must be a game since it also had a "boxed copy", and is 20-40 hours long; definitely isn't just content for an existing game, that would be crazy.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
What is AC Rift? Related to Valhalla or totally new full game? I thought the next full game was that Infinity GAAS shit.

What is AC Rift? Related to Valhalla or totally new full game? I thought the next full game was that Infinity GAAS shit.
It's a prequel starring Basim that takes place in Baghdad that started life as a year two expansion like the new Odin one. They decided to spin it off into a standalone title. I am betting it will be something like 39.99.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
What is AC Rift? Related to Valhalla or totally new full game?
It's a new game yes, but it features a character from valhalla. It started as an expansion, but then they decided to make it its own thing.
Best comparison is probably Rift being to Valhalla, what Rogue is to Black Flag.

Last edited:
Top Bottom