• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Some distraught Outriders players have lost nearly 100 hours of progress after latest patch.

GrayFoxPL

Affected players sound distraught, reporting that the bug has cost them loot gathered after tens of hours of grinding.

"Like thousands of others today first login after patch I was greeted by this on my Level 50 gear, 94 hour Devastator," said redditor Ok_Entertainment_112. "Today I was going to be leveling my last piece of gear to 50. Me and two friends were celebrating our build completions.

"Everything gone, 94 hours lost, almost complete build lost, this is a joke. Naked at login, server can't connect yada yada like everyone else."

"Adios Outriders," said redditor u/Wolphoenix. "Inventory wipe and not being able to load into my 80 hour main is my final straw."

And in patch notes, the developer said last night's update "fixed the multiplayer crash that can result in client players having their inventory wiped". Clearly, it hasn't done the trick.

Now, People Can Fly has issued an apology, saying it's doing all it can to sort things out.

"We are aware and deeply sorry that some users are continuing to encounter an inventory wipe," the developer said.

"We are doing everything we can to resolve this issue, both server and game-side.

"Our plan is still to work on a restoration for all affected accounts."

Full article.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Damn I didn't even know it went up to level 50. I'm only 29 taking my time with this game I guess. Ok guess I'll log on to see if I was affected.

MrSarcastic

Banned
It felt that this game was having good buzz (especially after the day one Game Pass annucment). Now it seems like it is not that different from this kind of games that try to be a "live" game. It is a trend and almost feels that multiplayer games are just going to lunch broken no matter what.

GrayFoxPL

It sounds like the devs did the guy a favor. 100+ hours? I thought the game just released.
They've been playing the game. Nothing, but playing the game.

Jay Z Reaction GIF by Complex

Rossco EZ

the game is good when you don’t encounter issues but it shouldn’t have even released the way it did. so many connectivity issues for a always online game and i have no idea how they even released the multiplayer part because if it went through testing they should of been like oh shit we can’t release this. crashing back to home screen whenever you try to matchmake or open your inventory etc. they did a small patch before this update to nerf some people’s builds and i saw a lot of people were un happy about it as the focus should of been on getting the game running smoothly before doing that.

Last edited:

Umbasaborne

Banned
If they cant fix those accounts, maybe they will just have to give those specific accounts access to free max level gear of their choosing? If it happened to me personally i would never play the game again, especially after 100 hrs

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Anthem,The Avengers, Fallout 76, Sea of thieves, Drive Club are some that come to my mind. Great is a strong word, I would say that most multiplayer games have issues at lunch, but they are mostly fine.

Now compare that short list to all the multiplayer games that have released since...DriveClub (2014).

Your initial post said most multiplayer games launch "broken". Now you're saying most launch with issues.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Shit I hope I don't lose my loot. I have a couple of awesome legendary. It would seriously sour my opinion on the game.

hemo memo

Gold Member
This is crazy land or what? Devs keep doing the same thing and it keeps happening every time. It is the definition of insanity. Always-online games will ALWAYS launch broken.

McCheese

I still haven't been able to find a single online game without it crashing my xbox, the game is in a worst state than Cyberpunk - at least that didn't lose all your data in the cloud.

This is on top of it constantly disconnecting and losing progress due to being 'always online' and the first patch being a massive nerf based on how streamers were abusing the game, to the detriment of most actual players who enjoyed certain builds that are now worthless and make playing solo almost impossible.

Last edited:

Hargate

I got hit with this. I can't even log my character on anymore. It's a shame because I do love this game. I feel like im in an abusive relationship with a video game.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
-The character can go up to level 30 max (which gives you 20 max class points)
-Then their are World Tiers
-Then their are Challenge Tiers
-Each tier allows some perks, one of the perks allows you to wear/use equipment that are at a higher level (current max level is 50).

Did it need to be this confusing? Don't know, maybe it will make sense for future DLC/Expansions *shrug*
Oh ok so I'm almost max level then. I'm on World Tier 09. Did the majority of the game solo.

I dunno why folks are saying the game is trash in this thread when it's apparent they haven't played the game. I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

It has an interesting story though definitely AA in quality. The shooting and powers are satisfying. When you boil it down though it's basically a horde mode game. For some people, that kind of mindless pew pewing is enough.

Would I have paid 60 dollars for this? I'l let you know when I hit end game.

Gediminas

Banned
Brutal. Are the devs really nerfing the game and builds? I fucking hate it when devs do that.
yes, they nerfed Devastator before release, nerfed legendary drops. and now they nerfed only one good build. there is no builds is this game because sets are useless and other abilities practically is useless too. they should boost around 20 skills to make this game work properly and that we could make many different builds. practically that Power Illusion that you are strong which was in the demo and stayed in the demo.

Alright

Banned
yes, they nerfed Devastator before release, nerfed legendary drops. and now they nerfed only one good build. there is no builds is this game because sets are useless and other abilities practically is useless too. they should boost around 20 skills to make this game work properly and that we could make many different builds. practically that Power Illusion that you are strong which was in the demo and stayed in the demo.
That's what pisses me off the most when devs nerf stuff. They nerf the best/most interesting, to make it as bland as everything else, instead of boosting the shitter stats.

We all know why they do that though: DLC expansions!!!! Gotta have that power creep

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
This is crazy land or what? Devs keep doing the same thing and it keeps happening every time. It is the definition of insanity. Always-online games will ALWAYS launch broken.

Except for the fact that the majority of them launch fine and the majority of the broken ones are fixed almost instantly.

rubhen925

94 hours.... damn no one wants to replay 94 hours.. especially the grind in Outriders. I stopped the game after 2 streams. 12 hours in and the game was endlessly stuck in the main screen trying to login for 3 days. After that I deleted it and moved on.

Last edited:

Skifi28

I want to thank my fellow gamepass gamers for beta testing. It should be playable once it hits the bargain bin in 6 months or so ;)

Aion002

Damn that's scary. I am enjoying the game, I am only playing solo and I am at the spider boss. I hope they can fix that, it's a really good game otherwise.

terry crews fingers crossed GIF by America's Got Talent

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
nr 1 rule in loot games = do not make players lose loot
to people that are on the fence getting this game..

go for it the loot / crafting system is dope!

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I bought the game on Saturday and played about 6 hours, single player only.

I loaded it up around midday Sunday and logged in, my character is stood there with no armour and no weapons and game just kicks me out saying it DC'd from server....

What a fantastic singleplayer experience this always online title is offering....

Top Bottom