• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Some juicy Oblivion info

Redbeard

Banned
Posted in the Oblivion forum:

Steerpike Isn said:
PCzone (UK mag) previewed Oblivion. Info includes that Bethesda is at the polish, balance and bug fix stage, and that you could now play through the game from start to finish.

Enviroments confirmed include plains, swamps, scrubland, mountains, forest etc.

Ways to escape from jail include picking the lock, the guards pocket or attacking a cell mate and then overpowering the guard when he enters.

There are five joinable factions. Information they give on the mages guild includes that "you have to learn all the schools of magic from the various cities" and then you can gain entrance at the "Arcane University" in Imperial City, and *until you have done this* you cannot make spells or magic items.

The 10 playable races from Morrowind remain, obviously including both beast races (and a screenshot shows an argonian). Other screenshots include one of a river (water!) under a bridge.

In addition to the face editor there is a hair editor.

The same combat perks the player can attain (disarm, kock down etc) are also usable by AI NPC's.

If you become a vampire you can still continue playing missions.

..and finally *items* can let you resurrect dead foes as "mindless personal bodyguards".

Hope that stuff interests some of you.

edit - Oh and a screenshot of the skills interface confirms that the following skills are in; Blade, Block, Heavy Armour, Alteration, Destruction, Illusion, Restoration.

Each armour class (*they specify "light and heavy" so it looks like medium has been cut*) has six main types, plus one off pieces, apparently giving over 700 pieces overall.

want... so... badly...

Has there been any info regarding PC reqs? Unless the 360 version is specifically better for some reason, I'd rather play this on my PC (3.0P4, 1gigRAM, 6600gt)

Vieo

I havent' viewed any trailers for this game (56K). Does the grass, shrubs, trees, etc. move in the wind? :D

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Vieo said:
I havent' viewed any trailers for this game (56K). Does the grass, shrubs, trees, etc. move in the wind? :D

yup, and will change accordingly with a change in weather :D. cant wait to see some stormy/windy weather

Borys

Banned
Of All Trades said:
want... so... badly...

Has there been any info regarding PC reqs? Unless the 360 version is specifically better for some reason, I'd rather play this on my PC (3.0P4, 1gigRAM, 6600gt)

I think you'll be alright but there's no info on reqs yet.

Top Bottom