• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Someone Created A Resident Evil And Alien Crossover Game

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Appearing on Twitter, Paul Conway shared development on his PS1-inspired Alien game. Trying to recapture the survival horror games of old, you might notice there's a distinctly Resident Evil vibe to it. Instead of running around the Spencer Mansion as Jill Valentine, you're running around the corridors of the U.S.S. Nostromo as Ellen Ripley.

In a different tweet, Conway explains, "I experimented with a moving camera for larger hub areas with multiple exits in my Alien fan project. I think it works and keeps the spirit of the survival horror games of old." We're also reminded of when someone gave Resident Evil Village a PS1 demake.

It's only a brief snippet of the game's potential, but Conway has even captured Resident Evil's door mechanics with an Alien twist. Although this low-poly Ripley looks more like GoldenEye 007's Natalia than Sigourney Weaver, we've got to admit, it's pure 90's nostalgia.

Supporters have rightly asked whether Conway plans to continue developing this retro game or it's just a bit of fun, so we'll have to keep an eye on his socials. Either way, people loved it. One fan wrote, "Paul stop enticing my wallet like this I have children to feed," while another added, "Sort of working? Dude, that's working just like an RE game. You're killing this, it's fantastic."

Conway himself even joked, "Has anyone got the license to Alien just lying around or going cheap? Anyone? My classic survival horror idea seems to be popular." Given a run of pretty lacklustre Alien games, it's about time someone else gets a crack at doing it. Come on, it can't be worse than angry Colonial Marines players actually suing SEGA?

If someone was to tell me "Resident Evil / Alien crossover / hybrid game" few minutes ago, I would be wet-dreaming while awake.

These few clips made those ideas totally repulsive. That must be some achivement.

When did tank controls become a marketable feature? Why is Ripley running faster than Husein Bolt? Why is her walking stance like she pooped in her pants? Is the goal of level design to make enviroments as monotone as possible and to make the navigation insanely frustrating? What's up with the fisheye view?

Maybe it's just way to early in development. Maybe he just does it for fun / out of hobby, but he doen't state it that way.

BlvckFox

Gold Member
If someone was to tell me "Resident Evil / Alien crossover / hybrid game" few minutes ago, I would be wet-dreaming while awake.

These few clips made those ideas totally repulsive. That must be some achivement.

When did tank controls become a marketable feature? Why is Ripley running faster than Husein Bolt? Why is her walking stance like she pooped in her pants? Is the goal of level design to make enviroments as monotone as possible and to make the navigation insanely frustrating? What's up with the fisheye view?

Maybe it's just way to early in development. Maybe he just does it for fun / out of hobby, but he doen't state it that way.
Yeah, the project looks pretty cool but I never understood the appeal for tank controls.

ryan reynolds hd GIF

Top Bottom