• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Someone please save Bioware

EDMIX

I just don't see the appeal of buying EA. Like you said, they make their money on sports titles for the most part and the leagues can force those to be multi-platform. Dice and BioWare are probably the big draws from a studio standpoint, but I question what talent is left. EA has a massive catalog of IP but you need to create studios to resurrect them. I'd rather just approach EA and try to buy or license the IP you are interested in making a game for.

Keep in mind, I thought about that like just buy the IP, but you still need the teams and I believe they have great value (use that joke as may lol) with those teams and IP together.

Criterion
Code Masters
DICE
DICE LA aka what ever the fuck the want to be called right now
ReSpawn
Bioware

and many more.

I think it can work, they have a stable of great IP and those teams can be restructured, fixed, more added to them and creative freedom given to them so they can freely create, with their tools how they feel like it.

vs

Rushed, forced engine, forced MTX etc.

I feel greatly that it can work and even those teams bought can work on IP Sony has that they themselves have neglected.

Code Masters Motorstorm
Criterion Driveclub (maybe not lol)
DICE MAG 2 (horrible name btw)
ReSpawn Socom

I feel it can work, they have list of great IP, I feel most of those teams are very talented under a horrid publisher that seems to promise more then deliver and lots of issues we've seen seem to be more so based on how those projects are treated by the publisher then the team alone. The release date and working on a engine they don't normally use on top of all the MTX stuff, I want to see how all that shit plays out under a different publisher.

If anything, look at how great Star War Fallen Order was and how it was received. No MTX, no forced MP, no forced engine, they got to use Unreal like they wanted and not forced to use Frostbite, now imagine that concept applied to all EA studios? Under Sony, it could be a thing of beauty lol. So I only see them doing the whole buy out vs just IP as thats a lot of work and Sony already doesn't have the teams for some of those IP.

kuncol02

Banned
I don't care who buys them, just get rid of them away from EA. Microsoft or Sony, it doesn't matter. Make Mass Effect Great Again pls. No need to purchase EA, just purchase Bioware OFF EA, kthxbai.
What you want to save? Bioware is dead for 10 years. There is no one there left from when they were good studio, they don't even have rights for IPs of their best games outside of Mass Effect.

Fuz

Banned
So I started playing Mass Effect Legendary Edition. Just planned to try it for a bit, free on Gamepass, just wanted to see the visual update.

I’m 13 hours in now… I’m blown away, had I played it last year it would be high on my GOTY list. It’s such an awesome game, I had forgot how much old Bioware did right in this game.
Only question is, could the current Bioware create a game like this from scratch?
I don’t know. If they can they don’t need to be saved. If they can’t, can they be saved?
Censored woke crap.

wipeout364

Microsoft is now overloaded with RPG studios so this would be a terrible purchase. They already have Obsidian, Inxile, and Bethesda what more do you want? Personally I would prefer they acquire a Japanese or Eastern European RPG studio if they feel they need more RPG output. BioWare’s problem is Bioware I blamed EA for a long time but it’s clear to me that it’s the studio.

Last edited:

Fbh

Bioware is just a name now, most of the key talent left long ago, and those who remain at the studio have seemingly become increasingly radicalized by the woke cult.

I'd much rather see new studios coming along to fill that Bioware style RPG void. As I've mentioned in other threads, some studios like Spiders seem to be on the right track, all they need is to continue improving and hopefully get someone to give them some decent funding. Greedfall, while certainly far from perfect, felt closer to what I want from Bioware than anything Bioware has made since ME3.

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
I don't care who buys them, just get rid of them away from EA. Microsoft or Sony, it doesn't matter. Make Mass Effect Great Again pls. No need to purchase EA, just purchase Bioware OFF EA, kthxbai.
isnt the only thing left from Bioware the name?

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Bioware is dead you just need to accept it. It died when the good writers left.

Nothing can ever be what it was, all things change. Doesn't mean they can't be good again, they just won't be what they were. It goes for Star Wars too. It will never be what it was to me when I grew up on it.

Last edited:
Bioware is just a name now, most of the key talent left long ago, and those who remain at the studio have seemingly become increasingly radicalized by the woke cult.

Exactly. The idea that this company can somehow recover what it lost, in today's climate of all times - it will never ever happen.

I feel your pain OP but Bioware is long gone. The doctors, Ray Muzyka and Greg Zeschuk who helmed and lead them through all their successful years are no longer there. Casey is no longer there.

The lead writer of DA4 is a they/them pronouns blue haired guy who's going to butcher the narrative. A game taking place in Tevinter, where the mages are free of the templars but then are slavers themselves, oh boy. Can you imagine giving the players the option to side with the mages? Twitter would erupt. I expect a bland narrative with very little player choice, or many choices that are all similar without letting the player be a truly renegade murdering bastard like in previous games. Bioware is dead.

Mr Moose

manveer-heir-white-tears.jpg

Etc...
Who is he and why is he drinking come? :messenger_fearful:

levyjl1988

Banned
BioWare went woke and went broke.
The reason their games suck is them beating you with the woke bat.
They went from being great storytellers to some weird ass shit.
It’s like they are trying to hammer in a diversity message or some shit.
It’s fucking disgusting.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
What I was referring to was "White" Tears. Unless I'm missing something?
The implication of that was that he is some shithead who is riding on that race baiting, which is never good in my opinion.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
As meaningful as the Mass Effect franchise is to gamers we're years removed from Mass Effect 3.

Top Bottom