• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sometimes hunting for lost 3DO M2 games requires bait...and a wider net ;) plus your most coveted unreleased games

alf717

The earlier build of Biohazard 1.5 is great to have but it would be really cool to play the later build as well. I remember back on the old Bioflames forums the owner of the site knew a correspondence that shared unreleased images of this build before vanishing. I should of saved them when I had the chance back then but the forum seem to be gone now.

VGEsoterica

My pick here would be Bomberman Legends for the Atari Jaguar. This would have been an original entry in the Bomberman series, with support for up to eight simultaneous players by utilizing two Team Taps (each of which could accommodate four controllers). Mike Mika (now with Digital Eclipse) and his brother Jeremy have preserved the source code.

gvMBYOS.jpg

Read more about it in this Wikipedia article.

While we're at it, I might as well give shout-outs to a few other Jaguar games:

• Mortal Kombat 3: I think the Jaguar could have handled this game nicely. It would have been nice to see how it could have turned out.
  • Return Fire: Could have been a fun romp on Jaguar CD.
  • Phear: As far as I know, this is the only Jaguar game listed here that was publicly demonstrated. Although the Jaguar game was canceled, the developers ported it to Nintendo 64 and released it as Tetrisphere.
  • Earthworm Jim: I've only heard about this port recently. I don't believe it got very far in development, though.
TIL Jaguar Bomberman was going to be a thing

Top Bottom