• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

sometimes you gotta replay doom

Tesseract

Banned

DoomLogo_static.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_inline_nolcviOIg01rft6m6_400.gifv

doomguy-face-gif.gif

giphy.gif

GrimyFixedBellsnake-max-1mb.gif

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

latest

tenor.gif

FrightenedLastingHypacrosaurus-small.gif

giphy.gif

bloody-doomguy-59ed59f074be4.png

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

zoolander-doom-guy-party-car-ID-1400445074C.gif

images

EA0315771770CF34C15928056753B78AB2C5A42E

dcrtemb-214a8bcc-2fd1-4849-b1ae-d794473cb0c7.gif

giphy-downsized-large.gif

source.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
One of the top 3 games ever made.

On Ultra Violence with limited saves*, I've completed:

Doom
Doom 2
Plutonia
Plutonia 2
Ancient Aliens (the best wad of all time)

eR6B6MS3dL8ABxyzcMAdUh-1200-80.png

Scythe
Vanguard
Doom The Way Id Did
Doom 2 The Way Id Did
Japanese Community Project

I need to play through Valiant and Sunlust but I gave up halfway through. I haven't played anything from 2019.

*limited saves means I allow myself a save every 100 enemies killed and everytime I get a key. Sometimes this results in levels being trivial, sometimes it makes them hard as fuck.

Last edited:

Sub_Level

Also. Possible double post but this needs to be said.

*ting* ting * ting * a toast, a toast i say

cRdua8s.jpg

Excuse me. Neogaf gaming pals. Especially you younger ones.

If you play a Doom source port with freelook and/or jumping added, please turn that off. Doom is already perfectly balanced. Do what you want in a total conversion mod, but dont play a traditional map with that shit please. If you want to be all hardcore you can even play with software rendering + keyboard only.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Anybody read the Doom novels from the 90's? They were probably shit, but I remember really enjoying them.

Anybody read the Doom novels from the 90's? They were probably shit, but I remember really enjoying them.
Yeah I remember reading the Doom 2 novel. I barely remember anything about it except they built a spaceship(!) to get back to Earth. Zombies detected by smell, so rubbing rancid lemons on your body allowed you to go undetected. And they fought a Cyberdemon on a zombie train or some shit. I think it had some crap with Mormons too. =P

Is it just me or did Doom really had the biggest impact on the game industry at that time?

It pretty much did for FPS what SF2 did for fighters. Both ultimately proved to be timeless classics as well.

Last edited:

TacosNSalsa

Doom Eternal launches 2 weeks after you posted this thread : 336 hrs
You posted 34 gifs
My post is # 33
It's releasing on the 20th
it's releasing on 5 platforms at $60 a pop=300
336x34/33+20+300=666...

You done started the Armageddon bruh

Excuse me. Neogaf gaming pals. Especially you younger ones.

If you play a Doom source port with freelook and/or jumping added, please turn that off. Doom is already perfectly balanced. Do what you want in a total conversion mod, but dont play a traditional map with that shit please. If you want to be all hardcore you can even play with software rendering + keyboard only.

Fuck that. I’ll play how I want.

Sub_Level

Doom is the dark souls of fps games

Plutonia gets downright unfair at points but no sir, that would be Blood.

ShinyPeskyAlaskanmalamute-size_restricted.gif

Despite playing as a badass protagonist with awesome weapons, you die in 2 fucking seconds in Blood even on normal difficulty. Enemies do insane damage, many of which are hitscanners. A genuinely hardcore game.

Top Bottom