• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Frontiers new Trailer (TGS)

Jennings

I was hoping to see him tear ass at 69 billion miles an hour, but I also like open world collectathon platformers too, so this might turn out great.

I try to be cautiously optimistic about Sonic games, but you know what?

no-question-about-it-ready-to-get-hurt-again.gif

All aboard the hype train. And Vandalize is such a good song, god damn.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Sonic: "My cringeness knows no bounds."

Next time he will archieve Super Sonic God Super Sonic transformation.

Last edited:

Paltheos

That actually looks ok. Not a must-buy for me but like so many others I didn't have any expectations of Sonic.

I am aware of what the Sonic Cycle is, yes.

Ristifer

Pretty much what we've seen so far, but at least Super Sonic is confirmed. That'll be fun.

Also, I know I'm in the minority of Sonic fans with regards to music, but I just don't like the overdramatic guitar/vocal songs that are associated with modern Sonic games. I just want some bops, man. I don't need to hear someone pouring their heart out while Sonic is running around.

Last edited:
Trying to cut as much of the empty space and running as possible int he trailer, Super Sonics Model looks like it's from the GameCube and doesn't look anywhere near as clean or detailed as the regular Sonic which already wasn't too big of an improvement from Forces.

Sega said they were aiming for high review scores but I don't know about that.

Orta

Banned
I can't make heads nor tails of it. It looks beautiful and intriguing but when I see the pinball mechanics of old and Sonic mindlessly bombing through the environment I fear for the worst.

I hope its good, could be a bold new beginning for the little shit. If not its high time the franchise was taken away from Sonic Team and given to someone else. There are so many talented teams out there that would relish being given, lets be honest, one of the biggest gaming icons there is.

Its criminal what has happened to Sonic in its 3D form.

BlackTron

Pretty much what we've seen so far, but at least Super Sonic is confirmed. That'll be fun.

Also, I know I'm in the minority of Sonic fans with regards to music, but I just don't like the overdramatic guitar/vocal songs that are associated with modern Sonic games. I just want some bops, man. I don't need to hear someone pouring their heart out while Sonic is running around.

Agree. Something about the combination of realistic environments, PSO style enemies AND this music made me physically sick to watch this.

I will definitely try the game out but I'm not that excited lol.

Kikorin

I still can't decide if it looks terrible or good, but I already know I'll buy and play it, so who cares.

Shit looks badass imo. Haven't been this excited for a sonic game in many, many years. And I fucking love the song. Maybe cause I'm a big anime nerd lol.

Top Bottom