• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Frontiers | Review Thread

Arcane0ne

Some screenshots with photomode,enjoy.

DM7OEQs.jpg

S0bzab0.jpg

A0DYO4f.jpg

iaAmuVz.jpg

P1mRGRY.jpg

AOs2PrL.jpg
plj5rds.jpg

drMhXFh.jpg

tB8H1yi.jpg

wyKpuKA.jpg

TqH1QlE.jpg

Just tried the PS+ trial. Actually enjoyed it a lot more than I expected. Is the first hour a good idea of what to expect for the rest of the game, or does it drop off half way through or something?

Just tried the PS+ trial. Actually enjoyed it a lot more than I expected. Is the first hour a good idea of what to expect for the rest of the game, or does it drop off half way through or something?
Can't give you a definite answer but I'm about 3 hours in and there's a good deal of variety so far. It's quite chill.

SkylineRKR

It doesn't really drop off, its rather samey throughout. Which is one of the issues this game has. After 2 zones you might be burned out and struggle with the third. Though you can beat them rather quickly if you desire so.

Its a fun game, I bought it at launch and its actually really kick back to play. I beat the game a while ago and didn't regret it.

Can't give you a definite answer but I'm about 3 hours in and there's a good deal of variety so far. It's quite chill.
Its very obviously limited, but it seems like there is enough substance in the core design that a sequel to substantially improve upon.

The question is, can Sonic Team hold to a singular design philosophy to polish it to something incredible? Or will they go fishing (lol) for something different and half-ass it for the umpteenth time.

Top Bottom