• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 movie plot synopsis leaks, includes Knuckles

A plot synopsis for Sonic the Hedgehog 2: The Movie has surfaced online, and it reveals Knuckles' involvement in the movie.

Twitter user Ninja_Risu uncovered a copyright filing from Paramount Pictures and Sega for Sonic the Hedgehog 2, which reveals a plot synopsis for the upcoming movie. It should be noted, however, that this information hasn't been officially released yet, which means there's a possibility that the narrative might have changed at some point during the sequel's development. Potential spoilers follow.

"After settling in Green Hills, Sonic is ready for more freedom, and Tom and Maddie agree to leave him home while they go on vacation," the plot summary reads. "But, no sooner are they gone, when Dr. Robotnik comes back, this time with a new partner, Knuckles, in search for an emerald that has the power to both build and destroy civilizations. Sonic teams up with his own sidekick, Tails, and together they embark on a journey to find the emerald before it falls into the wrong hands."

Tails has been Sonic's ride-or-die buddy since the early days of the franchise, and it sounds like that partnership is only set to continue in the Sonic movie sequel. The leaked synopsis paves the way for an action-packed adventure that will see the dynamic duo trying to foil the plans of Dr. Robotnik and his new partner Knuckles, another franchise stalwart.

Famously, Robotnik, originally named Dr. Eggman in Japan (but localized to Dr. Robotnik for America), is egg-shaped. His body type is quite different from that of his live-action counterpart, played by Jim Carrey, but that could all change in the sequel. Carrey previously teased that he had "many many ideas" about how the look of the rotund mad scientist might evolve in the next film.

Sonic the Hedgehog 2: The Movie is scheduled for release on April 8, 2022 — this date was originally announced only a few scant months into the COVID-19 pandemic, but the movie's official title announcement came with a reconfirmation of that release date. If you want to know more about Sonic 2 before then, check out our breakdown of the first film's ending and how it sets up a sequel.

NinjaMouse

Gold Member
Knuckles makes sense in this one. In the opening sequence of the first movie, Sonic is getting chased by a bunch of masked echidnas on his home planet. I figure Knuckles is the leader/part of whatever gang that was.

Kimahri

Banned
The first one was great, you shut your mouth.
I watched it last saturday. Jim Carrey scenes were all great, but almost everything else was forced, and more importantly, just boring. Sonic voice actor was so miscast that even my wife burst out that his voice was horrible.

You will not silence me! I refuse!

"But, no sooner are they gone, when Dr. Robotnik comes back, this time with a new partner, Knuckles, in search for an emerald that has the power to both build and destroy civilizations.
obamachaosemerald_zps08f6d9e8.jpg

Cravis

I watched it last saturday. Jim Carrey scenes were all great, but almost everything else was forced, and more importantly, just boring. Sonic voice actor was so miscast that even my wife burst out that his voice was horrible.

You will not silence me! I refuse!
The Big Lebowski Film GIF by The Good Films

JayK47

I enjoyed the first movie. It was so much better than I thought it would be. I hope they can keep the sequels at the same level or better than the first.

I don't understand why people leg hump this movie so much. It was a typical Hollywood kid's movie.
yeah i agree, they only simp for it because of the redesign and because of the fact it's an atleast decent for videogame movie standarts, people used to love Detective Pikachu for the same reasons. designs and being decent.

Top Bottom