• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic The Hedgehog 2 teaser; officially hitting screens on April 8, 2022

the office no GIF

YCoCg

Nice, hopefully they tone down some of the cringe product placement and go all in on Mobius/Not-Earth

Impotaku

Considering that pretty much every single movie released so far that has been based on a videogame has been total shit, i was expecting nothing from this one & yet i was genuinely surprised how much i enjoyed it. Sonic had that perfect balance of cheesy cringy meme and entertainment that made it a rather enjoyable watch. No idea how they pulled it off but sonic came across as endearing and not annoying.

Glad tails was in the teaser at the end of the first, interested to see how it develops.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Nice, hopefully they tone down some of the cringe product placement and go all in on Mobius/Not-Earth
I guess that will be more than just Earth and Mobius, since Robotnik is in another planet. He will find a way to travel to planets trough a Chaos Emerald and Sonic and Tails will do the work. Also, Robotnik will get fat

I don't think we will see Super Sonic now because they need a hook for Sonic 3 besides Knuckles, which will be teased in the end of the second movie, basically like Tails in the first one - the "do the same safe thing" will rule in this movie

Saber

Gold Member
I had a fine time with first one. I'm in the hope they can pull something like the first one again. They need to take advantage of the upper-hand.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
To think the first one was so close to getting released with that nightmare fuel design...

It was a really entertaining movie. You don’t often see real actors interacting that well with a CG character.

MrMephistoX

To think the first one was so close to getting released with that nightmare fuel design...

It was a really entertaining movie. You don’t often see real actors interacting that well with a CG character.
It’s weird that Sonic and Detective Pikachu are probably the best examples of that and also two of the best game movie adaptations including Mortal Kombat. Go 90’s?

Hudo

I love how everyone involved greenlit this (I mean, kudos to them that the movie worked out well) but we have yet to see any traces of a Sonic Mania 2.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
I love how everyone involved greenlit this (I mean, kudos to them that the movie worked out well) but we have yet to see any traces of a Sonic Mania 2.
Because SEGA is brain-dead and Sonic Mania 2 isn't happening (allegedly)

Top Bottom