• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonicomi: Communication with Sonico [PC] LE/CE now available for pre-order

chrono01

ucekmhy.jpg

About

Super Sonico is a cheerful, hardworking college student and amateur musician who's about to make her modeling debut. As her personal photographer, you will be responsible for Sonico's image, balancing the needs of your clients with your own vision for Sonico's future. Cute, sexy, weird -- the costumes you choose will determine her path as a model. Will you cultivate mainstream appeal? Make Sonico a subculture icon? Or will she become something even you can't imagine? It all depends on you!

Lead Sonico to Stardom

Sonico has the potential to become an international superstar. It's your job to provide her with guidance and support as she chases her dreams. Depending on your actions, you can reach one of 18 wildly different endings. She might even fall in love with you!

Interact with Sonico

In between shoots, you'll have the opportunity to interact with Sonico in many different situations. Your choices will affect her opinion of you, potentially unlocking new story paths. In addition to dialogue options, you will also have opportunities to interact with Sonico by touching or looking at parts of her body. Be careful, as some choices can be dangerous. Are the potential rewards worth the risk?

Become a Photographer

Choose a location, put together an outfit, and get to shooting! During each FPS-style photography session, score points by shooting colored rings before they disappear. You must also manage Sonico's enthusiasm by lifting her spirits with well-timed banter. The greater her enthusiasm, the more daring her poses! And don't forget to keep an eye on her stamina; you don't want her fainting in the middle of the shoot! Multiple difficulty levels are available.

- Full 3D animations for Sonico.
- High quality animations from the PS3 version were back-ported to this PC release.
- Hundreds of costumes and accessories to unlock.
- A cast of funny and interesting characters, including potential rivals.
- Shoot at 8 different locations, including the beach and a maid cafe!
- In addition to all this, get one more "secret" bonus with the game!

There are two versions of the game for pre-order:

Limited Edition

Along with the game this edition includes a tall-standing high quality acrylic figure of Super Sonic with new original artwork by Tsuji Santa, plus collectable cards with art from the game. You will also get a Steam Key, so you can add the game to your Steam library.

Collector's Edition

This edition includes everything from the Limited Edition PLUS a full-body mousepad of Super Sonico created with new original art by Tsuji Santa. This mousepad is not a flat mousepad, but a 3D mousepad shaped as Sonico's body! Her soft chest curves down to her smooth stomach and lower body; over twice the size of a regular moe mousepad. Weighing a firm 1.5kg, and 450mm×230mm×30mm in size, this is a collector's item Sonico fans around the world will want to have. This mousepad has never been sold before in Japan and is limited to those who order this edition of the game, and will be shipped directly to you from Japan by speedy EMS shipping (included). This is in limited quantities and will never be reprinted again, so it's truely a rare pre-order only item for hardcore Sonico fans.

This is a pre-order scheduled to be released in Summer 2016.

Pre-order link
Announcement video with Super Sonico's adorable "Engrish"

Before anyone asks, no this isn't an eroge. There's no adult elements or anything, so don't go in expecting that. The most you'll get are swimsuit/ecchi moments.

As for what it is, it's essentially a visual novel/photo simulator. It's nice to see that the PC release has the improved PS3 visuals [as mentioned in the listing, the visuals of this version was back-ported from the PS3 to the PC] and you get 10% off the final price by pre-order prior to release.

Also, I absolutely did not pre-order the Collector's Edition for the body mouse pad. Nope, not at all. Actually, if you can overlook the "lewdness" of it, that style of mouse pad is actually crazy comfortable and supports the wrist well. By the way, the value for the Collector's Edition is pretty decent (+$94.50 USD), considering a similar mouse pad of Super Sonico was priced/released in Japan at 10,000 yen, and that was before shipping. It was also limited/exclusive. Given the size/weight of it, as well as the fact that EMS shipping from Japan is included in the cost for the mouse pad, it's well-priced. If you have a need/want for this sort of thing, that is.

Corpekata

Banned
I misread the title and thought it had something to do with Sonic.

I think this would be less embarrassing with actual Sonic doing all those poses.

Before anyone asks, no this isn't an eroge. There's no adult elements or anything, so don't go in expecting that. The most you'll get are swimsuit/ecchi moments.

As for what it is, it's essentially a visual novel/photo simulator.

So basically... Pokemon Snap with thick anime girls?

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Well I don't care for Sonico so I'm not surprised I missed this. Looks dumb.
I misread the title and thought it had something to do with Sonic.

I think this would be less embarrassing with actual Sonic doing all those poses.
Hey whatever you're into man I won't judge.

chrono01

So basically... Pokemon Snap with thick anime girls?
Sure, that works! As mentioned, only one girl though, that being Super Sonico.

So this is a musical/beat game like Project Diva?
It's not a musical game, but there is a rhythm-type component to it. Basically, during a photo shoot, "points of interest appear" and you have a set limited of time to take a picture of that area for points. So while no music is involved, the timing mechanic is still there.

Malyse

That's hilarious.

I like Sonico as a character, but unless there's a surprise Thriller portion, Nitroplus Blasterz will be my only Sonico related purchase this year.

chrono01

Good Lord the collector's edition is expensive.
It's all because of the mouse pad. It's massive, and takes up your whole upper arm up to your elbow. Here's an image of the other Super Sonico body mouse pad released by the same manufacturer in Japan last year. Just so you can get an idea as to how large it is.

This one retailed at 10k yen (around $83USD) at the time of its release and was limited/exclusive to Comiket, Nitro+ Online Store, and WonFes 2015. It's pretty heavy too, which factors into the cost of EMS shipping, not to mention its size. So an extra $94 is actually pretty decent, considering the mouse pad itself would have cost you at least $83 by itself, with shipping probably adding an additional $30. The mouse pad weighs 1.5kg and is 450mm×230mm×30mm. This ain't your usual mouse pad.

Oh, there's also wrist/lower arm "support".

What's with her always having headphones on?
The world may never know.

Kumubou

So it's basically Pokemon Snap with waifus (or rather, one waifu)? What happens if I screw up or try to take some compromising photo? Does she start assaulting the player with her cats?

What's with her always having headphones on?
She's a Nitro+ character -- those headphones are probably a sentient alien being that's burrowed into her skull.

Village

So it's basically Pokemon Snap with waifus (or rather, one waifu)? What happens if I screw up or try to take some compromising photo? Does she start assaulting the player with her cats?

She's a Nitro+ character -- those headphones are probably a sentient alien being that's burrowed into her skull.

What is this lore i do not know about ?
Now you know..

I appreciate those two look different than the usual anime girl.

Wonko_C

Did somebody say Super Sonico?
k6y4PdU.jpg

That was the name they gave George Jetson in the Spanish language dub. :p

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Tempted... will wait to see if Rightstuf carries it for no tax, no shipping, cheaper price. It's not exclusive, is it?

chrono01

Tempted... will wait to see if Rightstuf carries it for no tax, no shipping, cheaper price. It's not exclusive, is it?
I'd imagine the Collector's Edition is exclusive, since J-List is partnered up with Nitro+ to send/ship the body mouse pad separately from Japan. They also offer few other Nitro+ online exclusive items, so I'm guessing that version will be exclusive to their store.

The Limited Edition could be made available elsewhere, but it'll probably be without the Steam digital code.

lumi7890

All in on the limited edition, specifically for the figurine, as I now have 3 sonico figures and one could never have enough of sonico😂

Top Bottom