• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sons Of The Forest Announced As An Early Access Title 20 Days Before Release

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
"We want the best game for the players, and have big ambitions blablabla..."

image.png

There was a preview at IGN 3 weeks ago, recorded in september 2022 with a "quite polished game"...

For how long?
“We are hoping to be in early access for around 6-8 months, but this could change.
We will leave Early Access when we are certain this is the best version of the game possible.”

What will be available on February 23?
“For now, the game is playable in both single-player and multiplayer with up to 8 players.
There are caves to explore, a story to uncover, a brand-new building system, crafting system, a new arsenal of weapons, dynamic weather and seasons, terrifying enemies and lots more.”

Curb Your Enthusiasm Ok GIF

Last edited:

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
not surprising.

They have yet to fix the forest bugs as todate.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Check out the latest trailer for Sons of the Forest, the first-person survival horror sequel to 2014's terrifying game The Forest launching into early access on Steam February 23.

The Sons of the Forest Multiplayer trailer gives us a glimpse of some mysterious-looking caves, waves of mutant attacks and plenty of multiplayer gameplay.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Here are five top Sons of the Forest tips from the devs at Endnight Games themselves! Whether you're brand new to the world of The Forest or are a returning player eager to hop into The Forest sequel, here are some handy tips for how to survive your first night in upcoming survival horror game, Sons of the Forest.

nemiroff

Gold Member
Crap, I just put it in my wishlist without thinking much about it and kinda thought it was going to be a normal release. That's a downer. I have this feeling I'll spoil the experience by going in and be a beta tester now.

Last edited:
So this game is out now right? What a bad release. This game could have launched on consoles as well and been given a little marketing and it could have sold a ton.

Edit: It looks like it actually releases in a couple hours from now. Still what a weird way to do this. Feels like a lot of $$$ is going to be left on the table. I guess if it's really good it won't matter. Hope that's the case.

Last edited:
Top Bottom