• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sons of the Forest sells over 2 million copies in Early Access in less than 24 hours

Draugoth

Gold Member

That is amazingly impressive for both an Early Access game and one that wasn't one of the most talked about game in many gaming circles, but definitely both an audience who loved the original game and craving more horror survival games like this for certain.

The sequel to The Forest seems to be on its way right outta' the gate to become a huge success! I think it'll come as a surprise to many, especially for an Early Access release that just came out, though I suspect its helped that plenty of the people who played the original trust its sequel since The Forest was both a finished game that started in Early Access and a favorite for many in the "survival" game genre.

Holammer

PC audience fk'n loves open world survival/crafting games. If your game is halfway competent, boom! 500k sales minimum.
We still haven't seen many big studio/high budget games in the genre yet. Blizzard is working on one and I bet Sony got one or two in the works.

Last edited:
Hope this makes them release the console version sooner.
I'm sure it would sell a ton there too, considering the first game has made it to the top downloaded games on PS4 for 2 years in a row.

hlm666

First game was a good game and has a pretty interesting story all things considered. I hope they make caves a little less dark this time around though but i'm interested to see where they take it after the ending of the first. I don't think this has much of the story in it yet though.

feynoob

Banned
from steam reviews
Sent to find a missing billionaire on a remote island, you find yourself in a cannibal-infested hellscape. Craft, build, and struggle to survive, alone or with friends, in this terrifying new open-world survival horror simulator.
ALL REVIEWS:
Very Positive (23,196)
RELEASE DATE:
Feb 23, 2023

Game seems to be good. Plus the price is cheap at $30.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I have yet to get hooked on a single survival game. The most I did was 45 hours of Icarus.

They are just so… boring and generally run like shit. I watched Asmon play this last night and he spent hours just trying to build a log cabin. I was playing Ishin on the other screen just cruising. Fights , quests, cut scenes, upgrades, and more to come away feeling rewarded, accomplished, and having fun. This guy just looked miserable trying to log trees for hours.

To each his own I guess.

Klik

console release? day 1 if yes.
It will probably come when they release full version, same as original Forest that came to console after early acsess was finished. Probably in next 6-12 months..

There is absolutely no reason why it shouldn't come to console

Last edited:
I love to see it. It’s time that we get some genuinely AA-AAA survival games as what’s out there is fun but could benefit from higher production values.

Top Bottom