• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sons of the Forest will launch in Early Access on February to avoid another delay

Draugoth

Gold Member
Still coming this month but no longer 1.0

07bd4ea61c484efc992553332b95cb859e236dfb.png

The sequel to The Forest, the game that put the Survival in Survival Horror will still release on February 23rd, 2023,
but it won't be the finished game, says developer Endnight Games. Sons of the Forest(opens in new tab) will instead release into Early Access—not because the developers prefer it that way, but to avoid another major release date delay.(opens in new tab)

It’s been a long journey since we first started ‘Sons of The Forest’ development and it’s grown into the biggest most complex game we have ever made. There is still so much more we want to add; items, new mechanics, gameplay balance and more. We didn’t want to delay again so have instead decided to involve the community in the continued development of this project and keep our February 23rd release date but instead release in Early Access.

GHG

Gold Member
So basically the game really isn't ready but they want/need money.

Got it.

At least they are being semi-transparent about it instead of releasing a "finished product" that clearly isn't finished like most other devs seem to do these days.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
iu

Do these guys not know what feature creep is? But still, if the game is playable and it will make fans happy, better than delaying I guess?

I bought The Forest in early access, had fun with it, then put it away for like two years until v1.0. Then when I played the 1.0, they'd changed so much it was ALMOST a new experience without having to spend any more money.

What I'm trying to say is Early Access isn't always bad. Devs gotta do what they gotta do and I bet there's enough content here to justify the EA price, which also gives you 1.0 when it releases.

Top Bottom