• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony’s new PS5 ad could be teasing Uncharted 5

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Isn't there a Singapore team being spun up that's supposedly working on a new Uncharted?

The ad shows a female protagonist which is certainly likely for a new Uncharted.

Plus uc isn't druckmans anyway. I'm not sure he cares about it a ton besides being a producer for the movie. It was always Amy hennings project.
Druckmann was heavily involved with Uncharted, he has writing work in all of them. Uncharted one he was mainly the level designer, but his work in Uncharted 2 was what got him the green light for TLoU.

murmulis

Why is that uncomfortable? Lara Croft is a mass murderer, especially in the newer trilogy where she kills dudes much more brutally than Drake ever did, and it's not a big deal.

Admittedly the new Tomb Raider series took a darker and heavier tone than Uncharted, but it's not like that would stop Cassie from killing just as many dudes as her father.

At least this game has proper stealth mechanics. Something that Uncharted series never had.

HYDE

Banned
I'd rather still have Nate as the main character... just me?
Unless he’s present a wise cracking son of a bitch like Sully, toward his daughter. Or with Sam, as a dangerous adventure behind her parent’s (Elena & Drake) back.

AGRacing

Gold Member
No.. not at all. His character and the banter with Sully, his brother, Elaina and Chloe is a big part of what made the game fun. Not really interested in another "young lady out to prove herself" story.

I'd have much preferred another story about Chloe if they're not going to do Drake.

Why is that uncomfortable? Lara Croft is a mass murderer, especially in the newer trilogy where she kills dudes much more brutally than Drake ever did, and it's not a big deal.

Admittedly the new Tomb Raider series took a darker and heavier tone than Uncharted, but it's not like that would stop Cassie from killing just as many dudes as her father.

Cassie could use a tranq gun to put the enemy dudes to sleep and say edgy little one liners like “night night!” they could stock her arsenal with non lethal weapons like batman

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
Maybe she's the daughter of one of the terrorists we killed. Her eyes look like the eyes of a guy who dropped an AK 47 in the middle of Chapter 7.

Edder1

Indiana Jones like Sully in the 70's would have been far more interesting, but going with yet another "strong" female protagonist is what you'd expect from Sony.

Last edited:

yurinka

wasnt it rumored Sony san diego was doing uncharted?
In addition to the MLB team, Sony San Diego has inside one of the Sony Visual Arts teams. Some people of that team branched out to make other studio because they wanted to stop being a support team and wanted to lead their own projects.

Many years ago they pitched to make movies or tv shows of the Sony games using in-game assets. That idea wasn't greenlighted. Then they pitched to make an Uncharted 1 remake to reuse some of the stuff they did for the other pitch.

It didn't work because they saw that their teams were mostly artists and needed many game design changes because the gameplay felt too outdated, so they canned that project.

Then they decided to pitch a more recent remake that needed less gameplay changes, so they pitched the TLOUP1 remake, which got greenlighted.

Some time later, in 2019 Hermen Hults becames head of PS Studios. He discovers the remake, doesn't like it and thinks they had spent too much budget for the results they were having, so asked this team to go back to their original support role and asked ND to lead the remaining development of the port to achieve it with proper budget and proper quality, with that San Diego team as a support team.

So no, they never started the production of an Uncharted game. But Visual Arts worked as support art/animation team in most big Sony games, including I think all Uncharted and TLOU games.

Last edited:
I still dont see how people right away think this is Uncharted 5....its a female with a backpack in a cave...It could literally be anything. It could be an Indiana Jones game, it could be an exclusive Tomb raider title it could be anything.

Last edited:

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Isn't there a Singapore team being spun up that's supposedly working on a new Uncharted?

The ad shows a female protagonist which is certainly likely for a new Uncharted.

I'm getting a bit sick of the never-ending stream of games with female protagonists. C'mon, it's OK to have a white guy as a lead too.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Cassie is the new Nate
Chloe is the new Sully

simply titled "UNCHARTED"
soft reboot but technically a sequel to 4 and Lost Legacy (like God of War)

made by a new studio with help from Naughty Dog
PS5 maybe like 2027

Except is called “ Unmanned “ now. 😂

I’d play it🤷‍♂️. Even if it wasn’t Cassie I would like to see them tone the wave shooting down.

HighPoly

Banned
I hope to see a prequel with Sully, or maybe a sequel with Drake's daughter!
Please guys, don't make a reboot, please ! ! !

And what about the graphics?? Away better than Last of Us 2 ???

Can you imagine somthing like that???

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
I'm getting a bit sick of the never-ending stream of games with female protagonists. C'mon, it's OK to have a white guy as a lead too.

The majority of Fortnite players use female skins today (80:20). The game is played by 95+% of boys.

Back in 2018 it was 80+ percent male skins. Super bizarre shift over the last few years.

Aenima

Yup. Lost Legacy as good as it was with Chloe did not felt the same without the dry humour of Nathan jokes. Nathan Drake is an excelent character as its a shame that Naughty Dog wants to end his story so soon when they could make him go im so much more adventures.

But i rather get a new Uncharted with Nathan daughter, than no Uncharted.

Majormaxxx

Except is called “ Unmanned “ now. 😂

I’d play it🤷‍♂️. Even if it wasn’t Cassie I would like to see them tone the wave shooting down.
I can't imagine nate and Elena would let Cassie participate in the highly risky lifestyle of a treasure hunter.

GustavoLT

Mr. Cuckman authorized a third party developer to work on Uncharted 5 as long Nate's doughter is a faminist homosexual problematic protagonist!

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
The majority of Fortnite players use female skins today (80:20). The game is played by 95+% of boys.

Back in 2018 it was 80+ percent male skins. Super bizarre shift over the last few years.

wow, that’s a wild unexpected change! Didn’t expect that all.

I use to think Uncharted should have ended with 3. But I've changed my mind. In these days of never ending sequels and long gap sequels and reboots and continuations and spin off and media universes, 4 installments is pretty conservative. A globetrotting adventure game like Uncharted could technically go on forever. Cassie? Lost nephew of Nate? Younger Nate? Young Sully? Whole new unrelated protagonist? Another-one-last-time-out-of-retirement Nate? I don't care, do it.

It would put them in the uncomfortable situation of having to explain why they made the mass murdering hero of the Uncharted story a woman.
It's a video game. Nearly every video game that involves guns have you killing hoardes of faceless enemies. Sure I would love for games to be smarter about combat encounters but why is this specifically leveled against Uncharted? Oh because it has a smartass quippy protagonist and a somewhat light hearted adventure tone? So what, every time you kill a goon in a video game you should say a prayer, think about their family? That any game that has you killing with guns should have a somber tone to it?

What happen to escapism? Why have people become so literal, so demanding that their escapist entertainment be tied down by reality?

Banjo64

cumsessed
Just watched an interesting video where someone speculated that Bluepoint could be working on this. Coincides with their acquisition and the removal of the project from Bend. They said they want to work on original content which can be interpreted as new IP, but also it could just mean new stories and not remakes. They released the Nathan Drake Collection.

Sorry if already debunked, just thought it was an exciting prospect.

Ozzie666

I keep saying it, Remaster Golden Abyss and give it the proper Uncharted console experience. You've got the story, voice work and a lot of the work done for you. Just build and add from that. I'd be fine with younger drake stories in the same vein as Golden Abyss.

Big fan of the best prequel ever, Temple of Doom. It can work.

Last edited:
Top Bottom