• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony announce CES Show January 4th, 2023, at 5 PM PST

Sony’s PlayStation VR2 is coming to CES 2023. The company has scheduled a livestream for its Global Press Conference at the show on January 4th, 2023, at 5 PM PST, and features the next-gen VR headset in the thumbnail.

Looks like it will be focused primarily on VR like it was last year, but who knows we might get some good surprises again. This will probably act as the official PSVR2 showcase

Last edited:

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
ohh boy there better be some more PSVR2 launch titles!!!
Vr Beomgyu GIF

Elios83

They have already stated that their collaboration with Honda will take the spotlight.
Gaming-wise I expect Jim to possibly brag about their holiday season shipments if they're on target + something about PSVR2.

PlayStation related announcements at Sony's CES 2022 keynote:
  • PlayStation Productions had a clip from the Uncharted film and they acknowledged other PlayStation Production projects like The Last of Us, Twisted Metal, and Ghost of Tsushima are still in the works.
  • PSVR2 was officially announced as the name of the headset.
  • The controllers were officially named the Sense controllers.
  • More specific specs were provided for PSVR2.
  • Horizon Call of the Mountain was officially announced.

There are a few titles that look nice, but actual AAA like games seem rather rare.

But maybe that's just the lack of marketing. If I look over the all announced games, it appears rather long and most of them do not look like I've seen a trailer or anything.

What the heck Sony, where are some proper showcases that drown me under these already available infos?

Rudius

What PSVR2 needs the most are good ports of traditional games, like Resident Evil and Gran Turismo. Expecting AAA VR exclusives for a market still small is unreasonable. They should make a few of those to show the true potential of VR, like Call of The Mountain, but invest on flat ports to do the heavy lifting.

Kerotan

Hopefully price reductions and more models for the QD OLED. This will be the premium TV standard for many year's.

Top Bottom