• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony announce God of War on PS4 has hit 19.55MM sales (sold through)

ReBurn

Gold Member
I bought it in Sony's last Christmas sale. It was like 10 bucks. It's a good game.

Last edited:

[Sigma]

All major PS4 games are coming to PC. Jim has all but said it directly. Same with PS5 games. It's not about need.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Damn good game. Well deserved.

I wonder what the pace of sales are for God of War nowadays. I would have waited til it was 20 mil. My OCD is going nuts right now.

MikeM

A set your controller down and watch type of game.

Though every industry has its Justin Biebers and Marvel movie types. Hopefully Balrogs new game is special.

Since when is GoW a set your controller down and watch experience? We must have played two different games.

Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN

leo-j

God of war doing 20 million on PS4 and prob going to add another 5 million on PC. Putting it on PS now was also a good move. I totally expect the sequel if it reviews well to push 15 million + also. Sony first party is currently in a prime. TLOU, SPIDEY, HORIZON, GOW, and GT are all going to push 15 million + imo. Gone are the days of games like Resistance selling 3 million copies.

[Sigma]

God of War is a masterpiece. GOAT tier.

94 metacritic score

200+ Game of the Year awards

117 million PS4s sold

105 million monthly active users on PSN

But only 20 million units sold for GoW.

This is why Jimbo is porting it to PC.
Jim's a corporate suit. He would do this even if God of War sold 100 million.

Last edited:
God of war doing 20 million on PS4 and prob going to add another 5 million on PC. Putting it on PS now was also a good move. I totally expect the sequel if it reviews well to push 15 million + also. Sony first party is currently in a prime. TLOU, SPIDEY, HORIZON, GOW, and GT are all going to push 15 million + imo. Gone are the days of games like Resistance selling 3 million copies.
Right i forget this was on PS Now. Isn't it also a part of the PSPlus PS5 collection? Not sure now. But i'm sure well over 20M people have already played this.

FrankWza

Damn good game. Well deserved.

I wonder what the pace of sales are for God of War nowadays. I would have waited til it was 20 mil. My OCD is going nuts right now.
It releases after holidays. Plenty of copies will be sold between now and 2022

I don't remember Resistance 3 getting that much advertised as TLOU, SPIDEY, HORIZON or GOW. They easily spent 100m on marketing for each of those and marketing sells.

Stooky

God of War is a masterpiece. GOAT tier.

94 metacritic score

200+ Game of the Year awards

117 million PS4s sold

105 million monthly active users on PSN

But only 20 million units sold for GoW.

This is why Jimbo is porting it to PC.
"but only 20mill sold" lol such such quality hot takes. In comparison The complete Gears of War franchise just passes that number at over 22mill sold and there hasnt been a single Halo game have hit that number. Its impressive for a single 1st party exclusive game. Give them their flowers.

Last edited:

SilentUser

Huge numbers and well deserved, God of War is my GOTG. Absolutely brilliant in every single aspect and the biggest reason why I got excited to play games again (and Detroit to some extend).

RoboFu

One of the green rats
of course when you basically copy the Zelda OOT formula to a T you are bound to have success. :messenger_open_mouth:

my favortie GOW of course.

Last edited:

yurinka

No, they'll just wait for everything else to eventually come to PC.
They won't port everything else. Many of these ports are baits to make people get the console (or PS Now in a gazillion years) if they want to play the sequel.

Or well, also to promote their tv shows or movies. I think the next one announced will be the TLOU 1 remake, probably bundled with TLOU2 and to be released H2 2022, to be on PC some months before its TV series get released. Similar to Horizon or GOW and their sequels or with Uncharted and its movie.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I think MM is 2.000 and 1.000.000 would be a M with a dash above it.

I only know this one:

yurinka

They will. Jim doesn't care if you bought their hardware, and what they have isn't enough, apparently.
Bullshit.

Jim is selling more hardware than anybody else sold before him in gaming history in any console platform holder, and literally doesn't sell way more because they can't manufacture more. And said PS5 will have more exclusive games than any PS ever released. He's also growing fast their own studios and acquiring new ones.

They said that won't port all games and don't plan to release them on PC day one, but instead to focus on port only some of their games and to do it several years after their original release to don't affect PS sales. And they are doing what they said, only ported or announced a few games per year that are several years old.

Last edited:

[Sigma]

Jim Ryan: Look you PlayStation faithful, take this framerate BC patch for PS5 and like it!

Jim Ryan: Hello PC folks! Look what we got for you. God of War! True 4k resolution! Better shadows, improved reflections, new graphics options! Ultra Wide screen support! Plus DLSS! It's the definitive version! All only for 49.99!

PlayStation faithful: ugh wait a minute, what about us? All we get is a framerate patch? Not even native 4k?:mad: We're the ones who pushed your sales to 19.55 million! You don't care about us?:messenger_crying:

Jim Ryan: Fine you little s***s, we'll give you a native PS5 version. $69.99!:):pie_raybans:

PlayStation faithful:
shocked.png

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
didn't this game release in 2018?
you can only count the sales from that year.
The rest isn't doesn't count, it was clearly engulfed by other games....

Top Bottom