• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony CEO Jim Ryan says fans shouldn't expect to see PS5 exclusives launch on PC day one.

Guilty_AI

If you find most AAA games boribg then why bother to concern yourself with Sony's PC release strategy?

Make it make sense.
Who knows, maybe one day they'll put out something interesting. Returnal looked decent enough, though its still on the "bargain bin sale" list.

They still have some good stuff on their old catalogue too. If a Bloodborne Remake is the only way they'd make a pc port, so be it.

Last edited:
That’s exactly what we’re doing.

Playstation exclusives aren’t a must have thing for the majority of PC gamers. They’re another solid AAA third party release among others. When they come, they come.
The most posters in this topic disagree with you they want PS exclusive games asap on PC

Pelta88

I don't game on PC but at the same time understand the narrative that PC ports lessen the exclusive experience.

But I came across these stats today and as a supporter of good games, the millions generated from a staggered PC port isn't something we can easily dismiss. An extra mill for insom or 15 mill for ND. You can't be mad at that.

mckmas8808

Banned
You should ask Sony for a job. Guess there only work incompetent people if they feel the need to spend easily 100 million on marketing their big hitters and mckmas8808 mckmas8808 on NEoGAF says marketing is useless.

I didn't say it was useless. I'm saying the games are selling because the games are actually good too. $100 million on marketing a game that's bad, doesn't mean much if it's bad.

mrmustard

Banned
I didn't say it was useless. I'm saying the games are selling because the games are actually good too. $100 million on marketing a game that's bad, doesn't mean much if it's bad.
No question, a good game with high budget marketing sells better than a bad game with high budget marketing. But you can see how badly Sony games sell on pc without any marketing compared to console sales with ultra marketing. And this is not only because they're 'old'.

mckmas8808

Banned
No question, a good game with high budget marketing sells better than a bad game with high budget marketing. But you can see how badly Sony games sell on pc without any marketing compared to console sales with ultra marketing. And this is not only because they're 'old'.

It's literally because they are old. It's the main reason. Plus most of their franchises don't have a history on PC. So no surprise a game like Horizon would sell better on a Playstation console, than PC. They aren't making them on PC to sell the same as console. It's all extra money. Gravy.

mrmustard

Banned
It's literally because they are old. It's the main reason. Plus most of their franchises don't have a history on PC. So no surprise a game like Horizon would sell better on a Playstation console, than PC. They aren't making them on PC to sell the same as console. It's all extra money. Gravy.
They would sell tons and tons more on pc with the same marketing as the console games.

Maybe we can see it when the first GaaS games arrive at the same time on pc and profit from the marketing. I bet numbers will be much closer.

incneet

Neo Member
Another clever lesson from the greatest CEO in the gaming industry.

jim-ryan-laughing.gif
HAr56ie.png

Corndog

Banned
Ya. You can’t treat a portion of your clientele as an afterthought and expect the same results.
Edit: that’s part of squares problem as well.

Last edited:
I would just like Sony to follow a predictable pattern. Like 1 year ps5 exclusive and then it launches on pc.
Of course day 1 would be better but that isn’t happening.

Predictability would be the worst thing for Sony though. If you knew X game was going to release on PC on X date, you know exactly how long you have to wait in order to get it.

By being less predictable, people are still going to buy PS5s because they don't know whether they'll be waiting 6 months, a year, 2 years or forever...

Top Bottom