• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony CTO Hiroki Totoki: "VR1, we sold over five million units, and I think we have a good chance to exceed that amount with PlayStation VR2"

And you’re arguing based upon emotion and not empirical facts.

Which is what you're arguing, based on emotion for trying to claim PSVR2 is more accessible than PSVR1 back in 2016 when it's not. While arguing against facts by professionals, so you can downplay cost because you're concerned it's not selling because of it and you don't like people bringing it up due to insecurity.

Which is what you're arguing, based on emotion for trying to claim PSVR2 is more accessible than PSVR1 back in 2016 when it's not. While arguing against facts by professionals, so you can downplay cost because you're concerned it's not selling because of it and you don't like people bringing it up due to insecurity.

PSVR2 is cheaper than PSVR1 adjusting for inflation

PSVR2 is likely selling more than PSVR1 did, launch aligned

You still have zero facts on your side on this one

We aren't talking

Who is we? You aren't relevant.

This conversation branched off a reply to Kupfer, not you. What you're doing is trying to ride off Swayers bad entrance into the conversation and are now trying to change the facts to pretend as if you were there from the start and were talking about something the whole time I was not getting.

When in actuality you responded to ME and so did Sawyer, and I clarified what I WAS talking about because you guys were the ones not getting what I WAS talking about.

That's just plain obvious, and is still on this same page at the top.

1. More people had the Move controllers and camera than they want to admit

Which I've pointed out here, so now you're showing you aren't even reading my post either as well as attempting to change the chronology.

Based on what? Source?

Last edited:
Why are you guy even engaging with Eddie?

He's a fucking clown.

He literally didn't even understand what YTD meant... last week.

Yeah, sorry everyone read that thread and knows you're lying. I never brought up YTD once. It's something you need to let go you didn't read properly, time to move on. Even worse since the original post was responding to you and you never mentioned YTD either.

I already posted the Chris Dring tweet where he said Xbox was up 15% from the previous February, YTD never came out of my mouth once. Why choose this hill to die on?

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
PSVR2 is cheaper than PSVR1 adjusting for inflation

You still have zero facts on your side on this one

How can psvr 2 be selling any where near psvr 1 levels when in the majority of places worldwide its only available from Sony directly?

I remember launch weekend for psvr 1 and it was every where and local game stores in the UK had kiosks demoing it and selling units in store.

I don't think psvr 2 can be selling as much as psvr 1 just because of that factor. Customers can't just walk into stores and buy them in some countries.

How can psvr 2 be selling any where near psvr 1 levels when in the majority of places worldwide its only available from Sony directly?

I remember launch weekend for psvr 1 and it was every where and local game stores in the UK had kiosks demoing it and selling units in store.

I don't think psvr 2 can be selling as much as psvr 1 just because of that factor. Customers can't just walk into stores and buy them in some countries.

We shall see, consumers are more clued into this stuff

Not to mention there was a whole mainstream news covered boom going on at the start of VR before people realized we weren't there yet, almost anything VR was selling, including cardboard from no one companies. Everyone was hooked on VR, you had to get it, stores had like 5-6 demos by different headset companies, and big posters everywhere, it was the in thing at the time.

Combine that with limited distribution, lack of retail presence, and not starting the marketing campaign not on all cylinders from the start but gradually, and it doesn't make much sense. PSVR1 has lots of help to sell 2 million in not long after a year.

Here is the post of someone explaining what YTD meant to Eddie.
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/ps5-...-monthly-charts.1653871/page-3#post-267693810
Like I said, Eddie is a clown.

And notice he won't tell you that I never mentioned YTD in any post, and it's clear that both he and the person he's linking to didn't read my post or Chris, which said Xbox was up 15% from last february. In fact Loxus wasn't paying attention so he misread my post as saying the same as Mr Moose Mr Moose I never mentioned YTD.

Also notice how XXL avoided tagging me because he was trying to sneak that by. But the facts are here,

It was up 15% from last February 2022.

I know you are having a hard time letting that L go, but come on man.

Last edited:
Top Bottom