• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Explicitly Said A PS5 ‘Horizon Forbidden West’ Upgrade Would Be Free

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozriel

M$FT
Two things:

First, you're not paying TWICE for the game. You're not paying 60 bucks, and then another 70. You pay 60 to play on the PS4 and 10 more if you also want to play on the PS5, taking advantage of the hardware.

Second, you can still play the PS4 version on your PS5, via backwards compatibility.

I get it, it's not an ideal scenario, and yes, Sony is greedy, but it's also a falsity to claim that you need to pay TWICE (full price each time) for the same game.

EDIT: Come to think of it, why didn't anyone bust a but when Sony released God of War III for the PS4 with better resolution and framerate for full price? Why didn't anyone demand that people who bought God of War III for the PS3 should get the upscaled version on the PS4 for free?

There is no upgrade path from the $60 PS4 version at this moment. There's only a dual entitlement version for $80.

at least try to have a basic grasp of the issue first.

Also, your edit comparing it to the GoW III situation makes no sense. God of War 3 PS4 was a remaster that came out on PS4 after the PS3 release.
Horizon Forbidden West PS5 is being developed along side the PS4 version, and both versions will go gold around the same time. same day release. No extra effort.

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

Banned
There is no upgrade path from the $60 PS4 version at this moment. There's only a dual entitlement version for $80.
Ah, I misunderstood.

Well, the Spider-Man remastered version eventually detached itself from Miles Morales, did it not? I can see the same thing happening here.

But don't get me wrong, I fully agree that Sony is being greedy here.

GymWolf

Gold Member
I feel like people use the “we believe in generations” quote disingenuously, taking it out of context to imply they don’t believe in generations because some new games are cross-gen. Nothing said in that interview is untrue based on what they’ve done with PS5 so far.
Sure sure, if you add the context he also say that they want to make games impossible on ps4 because they wanna use all the ps5 power and they didn't announced from the start that 3 of their biggest brand were crossgen.

Also the fact that they never did this with their bigger games with ps4, ps3 etc.

Let's just agree that they waited the right time to talk about crossgen and let M getting all the fire at the start for the same reason...

Last edited:

yansolo

scrooge mcduck GIF

sendit

Do non-fanboys people still trust sony after the whole we believe in generations crap?!

I mean….Sony did release full PS5 exclusives.

Demons Souls
Returnal
Ratchet and Clank

Remind me what console exclusive next gen/current gen has the competition released?

GymWolf

Gold Member
I mean….Sony did release full PS5 exclusives.

Demons Souls
Returnal
Ratchet and Clank

Remind me what console exclusive next gen/current gen has the competition released?
Who the fuck cares about what the opposition does?! Moving goal post much?!

Also how can you even compare these 3 games to juggernauts like gow,horizon and gt, cmon...

Don't be naive dude, you know excatly why people is pissed off and no amount of spin can change that.

Last edited:

oagboghi2

Who the fuck cares about what the opposition does?! Moving goal post much?!

Also how can you even compare these 3 games to juggernauts like gow,horizon and gt, cmon...

Don't be naive dude, you know excatly why people is pissed off and no amount of spin can change that.
People are being pathetically pedantic to cry about something that doesn’t matter.

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

Do non-fanboys people still trust sony after the whole we believe in generations crap?!
Haven't trusted them since the first playstation i owned

Mod edit: this is being discussed in the original thread where the quote has been screenshotted many times. It serves no purpose except to try and embellish the issue in the name of points scoring. Please continue to discuss this blog entry in the long running thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom