• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Greenlights Sequel to Ghostbusters: Afterlife

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Like I said before...

If there is not the original crew.... Its not a Ghostbusters.

So if they dont add the original crew... I really dont care it at all.

NickFire

The ending was not ideal but the overall movie left me wanting more. Glad they green lit the sequel. Going back to city areas has great potential.

Doom85

I'm so sick of reading this on forums. Stop whining about it and just support the new ideas in cinemas. And yes, there are tonnes of movies with original ideas. Just look at A24 movies to begin with.

And make sure you support Bullet Train in cinemas when it gets released for example. Go watch The Lost City right now in cinemas.

Moonfall
Ambulance
Everything Everywhere All at Once
The Northman
Father Stu
Men
Watcher
Shotgun Wedding
Black Phone
After Yang
On The Count of Three
Secret Headquarters
The Man From Toronto

Don’t forget Nicholas Cage’s movie.

And yeah, Bullet Train looks hype. Honestly, I just love stories set on trains (old or modern).

Verchod

[/URL]

The fetid corpse that they called Ghostbusters in 2016 didn’t get a sequel, but it did win a Kid’s Choice award!
Afterlife is such a load of mediocrity. The 2016 remake is infinitely better.

Yes I love the original movie, even though it is flawed. Enjoyed it more when it came out but much time had passed. The sequel to that was bollocks really. People were just desperate for a sequel.
But the 2016 remake is a solid and funny, unlike the more recent sequel which is just a generic kids movie.

ManaByte

Gold Member

Yes I love the original movie, even though it is flawed. Enjoyed it more when it came out but much time had passed. The sequel to that was bollocks really. People were just desperate for a sequel.
But the 2016 remake is a solid and funny, unlike the more recent sequel which is just a generic kids movie.
harry potter GIF

Saiyan-Rox

That's bait.gif

sol_bad

I agree that the 2016 film is better and understands what the original film.
Afterlife is too self serious and lacking in humour.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I agree that the 2016 film is better and understands what the original film.
Afterlife is too self serious and lacking in humour.

Spider Man Lol GIF

Same level of humour as the 2016’s one would have not just been bad comedy but also clashed with the new movie’s premise.

2016’s was a bad comedy too, character would not let the comedy punchlines land without adding more shit or noise… it was more a collection of costly SNL skits than a coherent movie. It was terrible.

Last edited:
Both recent Ghostbusters movies have been garbage. One because it just wasn't funny, and the other because it wasn't very funny and just used member berries and the hate for the 2016 version to make some money.

And I do mean some. It performed worse than the 2016 version. It's only saving grace was that it had a lower budget, so was able to break even eventually. The problem is, you can't get by on member berries twice. They're also going to have to increase the budget, because the lack of it definitely showed. Filming in a cheaper, rural area, again, just ain't going to cut it next time.

Also tired of hearing the excuse of, "well, it released during a pandemic." Quiet Place 2 released earlier in the year, when the pandemic was in fuller swing, and made $90M+ more than Afterlife. And just a few weeks after Afterlife, No Way Home released and made nearly $1.9B WW. The pandemic had absolutely nothing to do with Afterlife's poor box office return.

Top Bottom