• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Group (Nextorage) to release M.2 SSD at 7GB/s, PCIE 4.0 (1TB~£165 // 2TB~£320)

Well… Your VAT is 25% right? With the estimated yen price directly converted to euro + VAT it would be about 240€ for the 1TB drive. Probably rounded to 249€.
I Get It Yes GIF by Farmers Insurance ®
Got a Western Digital SN850 1 TB for 179€.
You can get It now for 163€.

What a rip off.

Announceing this near the expansion firmware release gives the appearance that Sony purposely delayed the expansion release so they could have their own product ready first.

It is possible that no other device is capable yet but I'll wait for the first 3rd pary drives to be ready and have their speed and heat reviewed.

Announceing this near the expansion firmware release gives the appearance that Sony purposely delayed the expansion release so they could have their own product ready first.

It is possible that no other device is capable yet but I'll wait for the first 3rd pary drives to be ready and have their speed and heat reviewed.
My thoughts exactly.

Top Bottom