• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony has reportedly blocked PlayStation Plus and PS Now subscription stacking (Update: stacking will resume when service launches, codes still valid)

Update:
"If you currently have a PlayStation Plus or PlayStation Now membership, due to changes we are making to the service prior to launch, you won’t be able to redeem a voucher code for that service until your existing membership expires and deactivates, or after the new PlayStation Plus service launches in your area, whichever happens first. Rest assured that your voucher code is still valid. See next question for further information. "

Last edited by a moderator:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Wonder if this is a permanent change or just something temporary as they get the revamp sorted out.

edit:

“Due to the upcoming changes in the PS plus subscription, currently the PS Plus stacking is not available as we have removed the ability to do that,”

“We understand how important this is for you and we will have answers on how this will work once the new PS plus membership becomes available.”

jim GIF

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Banned
Yep! This next quote describes me.

Earlier this month, dedicated PlayStation owners bought up years’ worth of PS Now subscriptions while they were still available to save money on PS Plus Premium.

Prior to being pulled from sale in early April, 12-month PS Now subscriptions cost $59.99/£49.99
. Sony had previously said that when the new PS Plus service launches, PS Now memberships will be converted to PS Plus Premium, which will cost $119/99/£99.99 per year.

I saved 50% on my PS+ Premium. I was shocked that Sony didn't close that loophole earlier lol

Mr Moose

It should be just PSNow stacking since that shit isn't going to be a thing any more, PS+ would just default to the normal tier.

Mr Moose

So if Sony doesn't allow people to add more PS+ or PS Now, what happens to all the cards people have bought lately? Worthless? They going to give gamers a refund on unused codes?
They added: “I understand how frustrating this must be. I can only advise you wait until your current subscription is over then use your code. Extension/stacking is no longer available.”

Belthazar

Feel free to link some proof that gamepass is a "loss leader" or even a loss at all

Gamepass was offered with a $1 pricetag, with many loopholes that allowed for stacking as many years of the service as you had of Gold (which most of the customers had anyway). This is exactly a loss leader strategy.

I imagine you don't know what loss leading even is and just felt it was an offense to a brand you're attached to, so here's some education:

What Is a Loss Leader Strategy?​

A loss leader strategy involves selling a product or service at a price that is not profitable but is sold to attract new customers or to sell additional products and services to those customers. Loss leading is a common practice when a business first enters a market. A loss leader introduces new customers to a service or product in the hopes of building a customer base and securing future recurring revenue.

Last edited:

Dr Bass

Come on in, Apologist. Do your little song and dance for Sony and tell us how this isn't fucked up.
What about people with a brain who can see they are closing loopholes so you don't get years of a service at a fraction of the price? This is usually how a for-profit business operates.

I can't believe some of you clowns think this is some sort of "gotcha" that a corporation is screwing its users. And the typical cabal is giving this comment ye olde thumbs up. How much more predictable can this get? And this doesn't even have anything to do with the competition. It's just a statement of fact, that stacking no longer works because they are rolling out new services and don't want to give them away.

That's it. That's the news. Anyone trying to turn this into a fight, or into something it's not, needs to take a long, looooooong look in the mirror and see what a very, very sad person looks like.

RafterXL

So if Sony doesn't allow people to add more PS+ or PS Now, what happens to all the cards people have bought lately? Worthless? They going to give gamers a refund on unused codes?
Refund?...this is Sony we are talking about. They're either going to re-enable this due to backlash, or the far more likely scenario, they are going to make you hold on to them until after the switch over and then allow you to use them when they aren't as valuable and you can't stack them to extended the highest tier.

You aren't getting a refund from Sony. Hell, they don't even let you refund pre-orders before they release
It's the salty you guys being spread around, every Sony thread all of you are there, there more green rats than ponies in Sony threads. Time to do some self reflection
The irony of this post. Have you ever contributed to a thread on this forum? You're literally either proactively baiting or just come in after the fact to shit it up with your peanut gallery.

Talk about the need for self reflection.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
It's the salty you guys being spread around, every Sony thread all of you are there, there more green rats than ponies in Sony threads. Time to do some self reflection
Me? I was posting a silly response to a silly post. 🤷‍♂️

Topher

Gold Member
On Topic: oh no, a company wants customers to pay the actual price of the service instead of abusing a loophole!!! Unacceptable, how dare they?!

Abusing a loophole?

"I have a lot of pre-paid (stacked) time left on my membership. Will I get to keep that after the new service launches? "

"Yes, you will get to keep all of your pre-paid time within the new service. "

adamsapple

On Topic: oh no, a company wants customers to pay the actual price of the service instead of abusing a loophole!!! Unacceptable, how dare they?!

It's not a loop hole if the company promotes and allows users to do it openly, no different than Gold to GPU stacking.

Anyway, I guess it would have been better if there was a prior notification. They just stopped the feature cold turkey and we can't say for sure if they'll reinstate something like this again after the revamp is done of if it's gone for good now.

Belthazar

Abusing a loophole?

"I have a lot of pre-paid (stacked) time left on my membership. Will I get to keep that after the new service launches? "

"Yes, you will get to keep all of your pre-paid time within the new service. "

Well, they didn't lie. If you have pre-paid time on your membership you'll keep it with the new service. They clearly stopped selling the service on the PS Store and official resellers, so yes going after gray market codes to abuse a policy is a loophole.

Mr Moose

It's not a loop hole if the company promotes and allows users to do it openly, no different than Gold to GPU stacking.

Anyway, I guess it would have been better if there was a prior notification. They just stopped the feature cold turkey and we can't say for sure if they'll reinstate something like this again after the revamp is done of if it's gone for good now.
Victor E.:On this case right now you will be unable to add those codes to the account since we have disabled the option to redeem ps plus codes. The option is temporarily disabled. You will have to wait. We don't have information about when will be back. Do you have other question?
Seems to be temp. It says it's with PS+ but PSNow stacks? That's just weird it should be the other way around.

FrankWza

Hell, they don't even let you refund pre-orders before they release
Wrong

Pre-order purchases made more than 14 days before the release date
For this type of pre-order purchase, you can request a refund at any time up until the release date of the content.

Pre-order purchases made fewer than 14 days before the release date
For this type of pre-order purchase, you can request a refund up to 14 days* after the date of purchase.

Please note, if you have not started to download the main product and your pre-order included extra content that is made available before the main product release, you will no longer be able to access this extra content if you cancel your pre-order.

To cancel your pre-order, please contact us.

Banjo64

cumsessed
It’s £83.99 for a year of Plus Extra. That’s £15.99 cheaper than the old method of having Plus and Now at £49.99 each.

Who honestly cares if you can stack it or not? (Although I’m assuming this is temporary to stop the Now stacking exploit). I’m amazed Sony allowed the Now exploit to be available for a couple of weeks.

Wait for Black Friday if you can and if we’re lucky Sony might continue their good discounts on Plus. But as far as I’m concerned £83.99, the equivalent of £6.99 a month, is a great price considering Game Pass Ultimate is £10.99 a month.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Seems to be temp. It says it's with PS+ but PSNow stacks? That's just weird it should be the other way around.

I'm hoping this is a temporary issue due to the conversion to the new PS+ tiers. Why the hell can't Sony just say that though? Sony PR is just horrible.

Portugeezer

Well, they have to honour your code purchase in some way, I assume you'll be able to use it your codes at a later date.

Knowing big Jimbo, he'll probably try to convert them to a lower tier of PS Plus (although that wouldn't in reality make sense because it's nothing like PS Now).

adamsapple

I'm hoping this is a temporary issue due to the conversion to the new PS+ tiers. Why the hell can't Sony just say that though? Sony PR is just horrible.

On one hand they're saying it's temporary on the other saying that there's no time frame for when they will reinstate it.

The time frame around when the revamped service launches will be interesting, as it will be a lot of new variables.

SLB1904

Banned
On one hand they're saying it's temporary on the other saying that there's no time frame for when they will reinstate it.

The time frame around when the revamped service launches will be interesting, as it will be a lot of new variables.
It's pretty obvious they don't want you to buy £30 worth of cards from cdkeys to stack up. Like is clear as day.
Once they new service rolls out you will be able to stack up as many £120 as you like

FrankWza

It's pretty obvious they don't want you to buy £30 worth of cards from cdkeys to stack up. Like is clear as day.
Once they new service rolls out you will be able to stack up as many £120 as you like
There was a thread here a few weeks back with links where you could still access the ps now on the website and stack and was later closed and no longer working.

Top Bottom