• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony has reportedly blocked PlayStation Plus and PS Now subscription stacking (Update: stacking will resume when service launches, codes still valid)

mckmas8808

Banned
a18yGGb.jpg

Have fun

I don't see how this is so bad. It's clunky yes. But reasonable.

yurinka

My plus runs out this month. If I use my 6 month ps now will I get the full tier next month without having plus, just having now.
If your plus runs out before the new service is released but at that point you're subscribed to Now wih 6 months left, the best option for you will be to buy and use a 12 months code for PS+ plus just after your PS+ expires.

You'll have a year, of first Now+PS+ during some days, and later once released almost a year of PS+ Premium.

NinjaBoiX

Pay to play online ok fine
need PS Plus for cloud saves ok fine
70 for games ok fine
game trials behind paywall ok fine

Block subs stacking enough is enough this is where i draw the line
I honestly don’t understand why people are so enraged by this, there’s only two possible situations in which people are stacking PS Now subs:

A) they’re unaware that the service is about to change, in which case I imagine a pop up will let them know
B) you’re absolutely aware that the service is about to change, so you’re trying to work the system to get a cheap sub

Given that the codes will still be valid, how can either person in these two scenarios be so annoyed? I genuinely don’t get it.

Folk need to chill…

yurinka

If you can get a German EU PS Now card for 3 months would it work in Spain, Ireland and other euro countries?
Not 100% sure but I bet a German card won't work, and this is the reason of why they have different cards for different countries: I think the country of your card must match the country of your PSN account.

But now that you mention it, I remember to have seen in some stores that instead of having a country as their region (UK, FR, IT, ES...) they had EU instead. I'm not sure but I'd bet these cards would work for all European stores.

I don't think Ireland ever get PSN now. We have PS Plus and PSN cards however.
Ireland is one of the countries supported by PS Now:

**Current markets where PlayStation Now is available: US, Canada, Japan, UK, France, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Austria, Switzerland, Ireland, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Norway, Denmark, Finland, and Sweden.

At the launch of the new PS+ they'll add more countries:
Bulgaria
Croatia
Czech Republic
Greece
Hungary
Malta
Poland
Republic of Cyprus
Romania
Slovakia
Slovenia

So the list will be increased until 30 countries. As reference, Game Pass Ultimate's xCloud is available in 26 countries. Same as PS Now but removing Luxembourg, Bulgaria, Croatia, Greece, Malta, Cyprus, Romania, Slovenia and adding Australia, Brazil, Korea, Mexico.

So yes, starting next month PS Now (well, PS+ Premium cloud gaming) will be available in more countries than Game Pass Ultimate's Cloud gaming.

Last edited:

Kerotan

Not 100% sure but I bet a German card won't work, and this is the reason of why they have different cards for different countries: I think the country of your card must match the country of your PSN account.

But now that you mention it, I remember to have seen in some stores that instead of having a country as their region (UK, FR, IT, ES...) they had EU instead. I'm not sure but I'd bet these cards would work for all European stores.

**Current markets where PlayStation Now is available: US, Canada, Japan, UK, France, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Austria, Switzerland, Ireland, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Norway, Denmark, Finland, and Sweden.

Bulgaria
Croatia
Czech Republic
Greece
Hungary
Malta
Poland
Republic of Cyprus
Romania
Slovakia
Slovenia

So the list will be increased until 30 countries. As reference, Game Pass Ultimate's xCloud is available in 26 countries. Same as PS Now but removing Luxembourg, Bulgaria, Croatia, Greece, Malta, Cyprus, Romania, Slovenia and adding Australia, Brazil, Korea, Mexico.

So yes, starting next month PS Now (well, PS+ Premium cloud gaming) will be available in more countries than Game Pass Ultimate's Cloud gaming.
Yeah we already had PS Now on our store they Just never made pre paid codes for us.

mckmas8808

Banned

Bulgaria
Croatia
Czech Republic
Greece
Hungary
Malta
Poland
Republic of Cyprus
Romania
Slovakia
Slovenia

This is interesting. How many countries is regular GamePass in?

Kagey K

Banned
I honestly don’t understand why people are so enraged by this, there’s only two possible situations in which people are stacking PS Now subs:

A) they’re unaware that the service is about to change, in which case I imagine a pop up will let them know
B) you’re absolutely aware that the service is about to change, so you’re trying to work the system to get a cheap sub

Given that the codes will still be valid, how can either person in these two scenarios be so annoyed? I genuinely don’t get it.

Folk need to chill…
Some people were stacking 5 years of plus and 5 years of now thinking they were going to get 10 years of the service, only to realize they wasted a bunch of money and paid more than the 1 yearly sub.

yurinka

This is interesting. How many countries is regular GamePass in?
I tought that like PS+ was available worldwide but doesn't seem the case, notice this comparision chart:

It's available for most countries of the list (which doesn't include all the countries in the world) except China. Then isn't available for console in Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand or Vietnam. Seems they have to expand GP for console in the southern Asia, and I assume a good chunk of Africa too.

Last edited:

Thirty7ven

Banned
Some people were stacking 5 years of plus and 5 years of now thinking they were going to get 10 years of the service, only to realize they wasted a bunch of money and paid more than the 1 yearly sub.

They had plenty of time to do it, I find it odd that hardcore forum residents waited so long.

Top Bottom