• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Interactive Entertainment has seemingly hired former Apple Arcade content boss Nicola Sebastiani

This is a few days old, I have searched but couldn't find an earlier thread on the topic.

This is apparently the person behind Apple Arcade. This hasn't been confirmed yet but it would be a strange thing to add to your LinkedIn profile if it hadn't happened.
VGC:
Sebastiani joined PlayStation in July following almost eight years at the iPhone maker, according to his LinkedIn profile. VGC has contacted Sony for confirmation of his appointment.
During his time at Apple, Sebastiani served as head of games business management for the App Store before being appointed head of content for the company’s game subscription service Apple Arcade.
A job advert spotted in April revealed that PlayStation was opening a new business unit to adapt its “most popular franchises” for mobile.
It said the company’s head of mobile would work at its San Mateo or Los Angeles offices in California and be responsible for developing a product roadmap for a 3-5-year time frame.

Video Games Chronicle

Last edited:

kyliethicc

Knack Mobile

Ruxkjnx.gif

I’ve tried Apple Arcade several times now and I feel like I enjoy the mobile games from the regular old App Store than the current curation of Apple Arcade games. I don’t know what that translates to this news but I guess we will find out as time goes by.

The strange thing about what Nintendo released was that the Mario game was really entertaining although I would be much happier playing it on my Switch. Not tried any of the others so can't comment on those games.
I know that Xbox also announced partnerships recently with mobile developers although I can't remember their names now, I know they're pretty big in the mobile space though. It's going to be important for all three of them moving forwards.

reksveks

I know that Xbox also announced partnerships recently with mobile developers although I can't remember their names now, I know they're pretty big in the mobile space though. It's going to be important for all three of them moving forwards.
Tencent's Timi Games Studio, first game is a AoE but for China

Fake

Man... This guy... Droping the Playstation brand just for more money.

What a bad ending.

Last edited:
Reactions: GHG

wolffy71

Banned
I thought most of you guys rooted for Sonys corporate interests? This means more money for Sony. You should be jumping for joy at the thought of extra cash for people that dont even know or care, that you exist.

Thebonehead

Banned
I thought most of you guys rooted for Sonys corporate interests? This means more money for Sony. You should be jumping for joy at the thought of extra cash for people that dont even know or care, that you exist.
Does every bit of news require a snide comment?

Anyway. It's inevitable given the size of the market that anyone that's interested in making a buck should diversify into any profitable market.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
From the purple board. Yup. Head of mobile. This is the job description that he was hired to do.

Do you want to lead the development and strategy of mobile gaming and help shape the future of gaming for a world-class studio? As Head of Mobile, you will own and develop the mobile games strategy for PlayStation Studios and help build a foundation for future growth opportunities. You will lead all aspects of the expansion of our game development from consoles and PCs to mobile & Live Services with a focus on successfully adapting PlayStation's most popular franchises for mobile. You will be responsible for building and scaling a team of mobile leaders and will serve as the Head of this new business unit within PlayStation Studios.

Major Areas of Responsibilities:

• As the business unit leader, you will promote the vision, mission, strategy for mobile game development within PlayStation Studios and be responsible for driving the business unit commercial success and profitability.
  • Build and execute against a mobile 3-5yr business plan, outlining growth targets, resource s needs & KPI's
  • Partner with PlayStation Studios Leadership Team to develop mobile product roadmap for a 3-5-year time frame.
  • Build and scale multiple game teams and product leaders to deliver against future title plans.
  • Partner with the Corporate Development Team to drive M&A strategy in-line with long range plans.
  • Manage existing mobile slate already in development while delivering against revenue and profitability goals.
  • Build out capabilities in mobile live operations in partnership with technology, operations, studio, analytics, and customer service teams.
  • Partner with central publishing teams to develop capabilities in-line with new mobile games commercial strategy.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
From the purple board. Yup. Head of mobile. This is the job description that he was hired to do.

Do you want to lead the development and strategy of mobile gaming and help shape the future of gaming for a world-class studio? As Head of Mobile, you will own and develop the mobile games strategy for PlayStation Studios and help build a foundation for future growth opportunities. You will lead all aspects of the expansion of our game development from consoles and PCs to mobile & Live Services with a focus on successfully adapting PlayStation's most popular franchises for mobile. You will be responsible for building and scaling a team of mobile leaders and will serve as the Head of this new business unit within PlayStation Studios.

Major Areas of Responsibilities:

• As the business unit leader, you will promote the vision, mission, strategy for mobile game development within PlayStation Studios and be responsible for driving the business unit commercial success and profitability.
  • Build and execute against a mobile 3-5yr business plan, outlining growth targets, resource s needs & KPI's
  • Partner with PlayStation Studios Leadership Team to develop mobile product roadmap for a 3-5-year time frame.
  • Build and scale multiple game teams and product leaders to deliver against future title plans.
  • Partner with the Corporate Development Team to drive M&A strategy in-line with long range plans.
  • Manage existing mobile slate already in development while delivering against revenue and profitability goals.
  • Build out capabilities in mobile live operations in partnership with technology, operations, studio, analytics, and customer service teams.
  • Partner with central publishing teams to develop capabilities in-line with new mobile games commercial strategy.
So just expanding more into mobile and not all the hyperbole doom & gloom?
Drama Reaction GIF

What are the good games?
Some are listed here and others if you look around the storefront as with any other platform.

See, there's a difference between loyalty for a platform/brand vs following and supporting creative individuals and developers.

2 years ago, I'd never think of buying an Apple product for games, yet here I am spending more time with my Apple TV 4K(that cost less than my Switch) and Dualshock 4 in the past few months than I have with my launch PS5 that I was able to preorder directly from Sony. I simply go where the developers I like are given a chance to make what they want. It's really that simple.

Broke fanboys wouldn't know anything about it, though.

GAF machine

This is a few days old, I have searched but couldn't find an earlier thread on the topic.

This is apparently the person behind Apple Arcade. This hasn't been confirmed yet but it would be a strange thing to add to your LinkedIn profile if it hadn't happened.

Video Games Chronicle

That's an interesting addition to the roster. Makes me wonder if SIE plans to position PS Now as an alternative to Apple Arcade and Game Pass by offering a low-cost subscription tier ($3 a month?) that only gives access to an assortment of older and newer mobile games.

Last edited:

Holammer

Right now Apple Arcade is just a black hole where games disappear.
Seen all the amazing hype for that Platinum game (whatisname) and ClapHanz Golf? Yeah, me neither. Neither does Google trends.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Sony Interactive Entertainment has seemingly hired former Apple Arcade content boss Nicola Sebastiani
Well There It Is Jurassic Park GIF

Top Bottom