• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony is hiring Senior Director for PC Planning and Strategy

Seems like PC Ports are ramping up. Seems inevitable Sony is gonna build or buy a company with a PC launcher soon :COUGH:GOG/CDPR:Cough:

The successful candidate will be responsible for the strategy and commercial activity within Global Channel sales and will deliver a single, optimized PC Sales growth and commercial plan to hub and territory teams to implement. Identifying future sectors & partnerships for commercial growth. The plan should support the delivery of the agreed global channel sales critical metrics.

To do this they will lead collaboration with partners such as CDS leadership, GSBO Hub and territory leadership, global marketing, WWS, Legal, Corp Strategy, PPM, and other global commercial partners (e.g. Genba, Epic, Steam).

The candidate will need to be flexible and open to evolving roles and responsibilities aligned to the changing needs of this business unit as it grows and expands.

Can’t see them following microsoft down this path without making sure they can recoup even more money with pc releases. Wouldn’t be surprised if they even do sony pc store exclusives like Epics been doing. They probably could have made a ton of money from God of War and Horizon had they not had to break Steam/Epic off their 30%

Last edited:

GreatnessRD

Happy Chris Hemsworth GIF by Marvel Studios

If you mention Bloodborne in the interview you are out of contention.

Now, a bold strategy would be working on some PS5/PC collection of games that are stranded on PS3.

Last edited:

Midn1ght

They probably could have made a ton of money from God of War and Horizon had they not had to break Steam/Epic off their 30%
Doubt Reaction GIF

Also, Valve's cut drops to 25% at $10 million in sales and 20% at the $50 million mark. Epic takes only 12%.
They sure can have their own store with benefits but ignoring Steam and Epic would be a bad decision in my opinion.

Good to see them investing in the platform tho, might help them reaching new markets where mobile and PC are the norm over consoles.

Unknown?

Seems like PC Ports are ramping up. Seems inevitable Sony is gonna build or buy a company with a PC launcher soon :COUGH:GOG/CDPR:Cough:

Can’t see them following microsoft down this path without making sure they can recoup even more money with pc releases. Wouldn’t be surprised if they even do sony pc store exclusives like Epics been doing. They probably could have made a ton of money from God of War and Horizon had they not had to break Steam/Epic off their 30%

Launchers are trash, we need to get rid of them all together.

Ozriel

M$FT
I rather have my PC have that connection with my PlayStation account to be honest. So anything I buy on PlayStation I could play on PlayStation Console or PC along with all my friends.

I'm sitting here in disbelief that you actually thing a PC Playstation launcher would actually have crossbuy.

Sony's never going to do that. C'mon man

HTK

Banned
I'm sitting here in disbelief that you actually thing a PC Playstation launcher would actually have crossbuy.

Sony's never going to do that. C'mon man
It's not anymore or less delusional than thinking that they won't. Unless you are privy to some information that the general public isn't.

If they don't go that route then I hope they favor Steam over any other launcher. In fact I'm glad a lot of launchers have died like EA Origin and Bathesda Launcher...

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
For everyone saying Bloodborne it will miss one framerate per post on pc, starting from thirty.

At this rate it will go minus pretty fast.

Topher

Gold Member
It's not anymore or less delusional than thinking that they won't. Unless you are privy to some information that the general public isn't.

If they don't go that route then I hope they favor Steam over any other launcher. In fact I'm glad a lot of launchers have died like EA Origin and Bathesda Launcher...

What I'd like to see is some integration between Steam and PSN where friends, trophies, etc. are synced up so that even if I do buy a game on Steam then I can continue being fully involved in the PS ecosystem. To me that would be ideal.

Draugoth

Gold Member

Would make more sense if they made a studio focused on that instead o buying a whole company

Last edited:

HTK

Banned
What I'd like to see is some integration between Steam and PSN where friends, trophies, etc. are synced up so that even if I do buy a game on Steam then I can continue being fully involved in the PS ecosystem. To me that would be ideal.
I'd be down with this as well.

Neofire

I rather have my PC have that connection with my PlayStation account to be honest. So anything I buy on PlayStation I could play on PlayStation Console or PC along with all my friends.
I'd rather not...... Hell emphatically no would be a correct reaction to this comment lol. Cross play with PC players is bad enough, with the cheating among other things.

With this you won't be able to turn it off 😬

HTK

Banned
I'd rather not...... Hell emphatically no would be a correct reaction to this comment lol. Cross play with PC players is bad enough, with the cheating among other things.

With this you won't be able to turn it off 😬
I agree about the cheating aspect of it, however it's inevitable that all of these platforms will keep pushing crossplay. My hope with crossplay maturing is for them to be more aggressive to fight cheating issue. I know it'll be an up and down battle but maybe if these publishers get together and start shutting down these shops through legal means.

Top Bottom