• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Land over? 360 #1 console in the UK

JDA

Banned
You guys really are insecure aren't you?

Fine, live peacefully in your little microcosm where NeoGAF's word is unquestionable and newcomers are always wrong, no matter what.

You guys contradict yourselves so much. Such as taking the Nintendo shipped numbers as sold (check some of the recent threads). It's stuff like that that ruins your credibility in my eyes.

You can say "Oh, we've been studying sales for years and our secretly released numbers match the 'real' secretly released numbers", but it really doesn't mean anything.

I realize you say you cannot prove anything, because there'd be no way, but I just find the contradictions, attacks against anyone who disagrees, and lack of any real evidence hard to believe.

JDA said:
You guys contradict yourselves so much. Such as taking the Nintendo shipped numbers as sold (check some of the recent threads). It's stuff like that that ruins your credibility in my eyes.

What the **** are you talking about? Some guys here were so nice to give you direct proof that the NPD numbers that get released on GAF every month are indeed correct, atleast in terms of Nintendo hardware (and I really don't see any reason why these people should give out the right Nintendo numbers, but lie about the rest).

Nintendo_Sales_September30_2006.jpg

JDA said:
I could search all day for the correct NPD post on this forum, could you give me any hints at all where to look besides just 'NPD', which I was searching a while ago.

Any specific users that post totals?

Even with a few numbers verified, it doesn't mean much for total credibility. If you have people close to Nintendo posting here they can be 100% correct with Nintendo's numbers, but otherwise you can't be sure of anything.

z56.jpg

JDA said:

Fine, live peacefully in your little microcosm where NeoGAF's word is unquestionable and newcomers are always wrong, no matter what.

You can say "Oh, we've been studying sales for years and our secretly released numbers match the 'real' secretly released numbers", but it really doesn't mean anything.

I realize you say you cannot prove anything, because there'd be no way, but I just find the contradictions, attacks against anyone who disagrees, and lack of any real evidence hard to believe.

You don't provide a semblance of what qualifies as real evidence as well. People have been giving you sources and you just turn around and question the source used by those sources. It's a never ending vicious cycle. Go back and read your posts.

You've been in gaming for decades you say? How can I verify that? Who are you?

The truth is out there, JDA.

Jokeropia

Hahaha, this JDA guy is hilarious. :lol

FYI, when people talk about Nintendo shipped numbers as sold it's because the product in question is sold out. (DS in Japan, Wii everywhere.)

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
JDA said:
You guys contradict yourselves so much. Such as taking the Nintendo shipped numbers as sold (check some of the recent threads).

There is a logical reason why people do this...shame you decided to open your mouth before you did some of your famous "research" to find out why this is the case.

You derailed this thread, you try to poo-poo GAF's sales data without having a clue, you say you've done "research" and yet can't even locate the official NPD numbers or official Nintendo numbers yourself, and then you start telling people what they can and cannot post on this forum!

:lol

GhaleonEB

JDA said:
If you're gonna post like this, provide some proof to what you're saying.

Otherwise, don't post.
You're the one shooting down numbers independantly verified many times over (as Klee patiently explained to you), while at the same time refusing to describe any of this mythical "research" you've done. Links appreciated. NPD data, verfied, has been hitting GAF for over seven years, jr.

JDA said:

Well, let's start this off right then. You popped in with "I have evidence that GAF's NPD numbers are wrong," yes?

Okay, then.

I am all ears! For purposes of this discussion, I too am secretly suspicious of leaked NPD data! Provide to me a piece of this evidence so that I might come to know the truth of my suspicions.

Do that, and I'll come back in and lay out the evidence that GAF has used for ages to support the leaked data it receives, with no defensiveness or snark about noobishness.

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
JDA said:

Still no data to "prove" the contrary...

Still throwing out accusations and not giving any sources of your own...

Fredrik

Okay, so the NPD numbers are pretty accurate.

But what figures are you using when you're calculating the world wide sales that was posted earlier in the thread?

Are there any numbers similar to the NPD numbers for the European region? and for the new territories the 360 launched in earlier this year?

Solid

this news does not surprise me. PS2 has a lackluster lineup this fall. i have not bought a new game for almost 2 months. and that will continue until february i think. last year we had at least RE4 to chew on.

this is phil harrisons punishment for forgetting his beloved mother land. i feel there is a revolution on the horizon unless sony doesnt do something.

V_film_Revolution.jpg

Furoba

Solid said:
this news does not surprise me. PS2 has a lackluster lineup this fall. i have not bought a new game for almost 2 months. and that will continue until february i think. last year we had at least RE4 to chew on.

this is phil harrisons punishment for forgetting his beloved mother land. i feel there is a revolution on the horizon unless sony doesnt do something.

V_film_Revolution.jpg

Nintendo%20mario-thumb.jpg

Probably not, although not impossible...

AniHawk

I just realized that JDA was the guy who was saying Sonic and his Shitty Friends was a good game or something. So yeah. Joke character or something. Just a heads up for the future.

Varjet

AniHawk said:
I just realized that JDA was the guy who was saying Sonic and his Shitty Friends was a good game or something. So yeah. Joke character or something. Just a heads up for the future.
Additionally, he also was bitching about TP before it was even released.
We truly need more members like him.

Top Bottom