• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony, Marvelʼs Spider-Man’s sales approached the highest level ever for a Playstation PC title

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch

Page 10

Regarding PC software, we released Marvelʼs Spider-Man in August and the popular IP that was also a hit movie, Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection ,in October.
• These titles have been rated highly with Metacritic Metascores of 87 and 88 respectively, and, in the two months since release, sales of Marvelʼs Spider-Man approached the highest level ever for a PC software title released by Sony.

[Sigma]

200w.gif

Midn1ght

So at least 2 million in a little over 2 months (probably more). Nice to see!

Spider-Man sure is a popular franchise, I never cared for the movies but I'll definitely try the games out at some point.

Last edited:

feynoob

That is what happens, when you give your best product to PC people, and allow modding.

Gz insomniac.

A lot of people thought GoW did better on Steam due to the concurrent player count. This pretty much proves thats not a good metric for measuring pure sales

feynoob

A lot of people thought GoW did better on Steam due to the concurrent player count. This pretty much proves thats not a good metric for measuring pure sales
Sea of theives has like 66.6k concurent player, but sold 5m copies.
I expect god of war and spiderman to cross that 5m in the future.

Lupin25

Spider-Man should definitely hit 25-30 million units sold by the end of the gen with the help of the PC userbase.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Come back when it's over 10mill on PC alone.
And that would still not excuse the lack of focus on their actual Platform to achieve it.
Good news nonetheless.

Sea of theives has like 66.6k concurent player, but sold 5m copies.
I expect god of war and spiderman to cross that 5m in the future.

On Xbox? Maybe, for average. On PC though the average concurrent is closer to 7K - 10K and it hasn't had a peak nearly as high as 66.6K concurrent since probably launch or whatever big revamp came about where the game drastically improved.

tvdaXD

Horizon Forbidden West, Ghost of Tsushima, The Last of Us 1 & 2, Demon Souls and Bloodborne.
There's some good titles to release on PC, they'll sell like crazy. Free idea for you Sony.

feynoob

On Xbox? Maybe, for average. On PC though the average concurrent is closer to 7K - 10K and it hasn't had a peak nearly as high as 66.6K concurrent since probably launch or whatever big revamp came about where the game drastically improved.
Which shows how useless that model is for the success of the game.
The game sold 5m copies on steam. Yet, it has those concurrent players.

Top Bottom